Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word on the street.UCM

Should coach K stay or go? If he goes give us a realistic replacement.
    I say go first choice Nelson Haggerty or Matt Brown SFCC head coach former UMKC head coach and trained with Michigan head coach John B..
    Now it's time for other recommendations. Please read Jerry

Re: Word on the street.UCM

I think they should sign him to a 5 year deal.

Comment

Haggerty's first three or four years at Midwestern State were passable, but the last three years have been awful (even worse than coach K at UCM) I think Haggerty was offered the UCM job when Anderson left and turned it down. I don't see Haggarty in the mix if Jerry Hughes goes looking for a new coach.

Comment

With Haggerty's dismal record these last three years, he might be on the chopping block at Midwestern State. I agree with KMA, I don't see any reason why Jerry Hughes would bring Haggarty back to UCM.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ahhh.... what?
            Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 03-04-2019, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

I don't expect a change. Jerry gave Doucette a 6th season and Doucette was a heck of a lot worse than Coach K. After a 21-8 (12-6) first season, Doucette went 5 consecutive seasons without having a winning MIAA record (.500 a couple of times) and won 14 of fewer games overall in 4 of the 5 seasons (16 in the other). After a 25-7 (14-5) first season, Coach K has won 20 or more in 2 of the next 4 seasons.

I expect more of the same. Coach K has never had to rebuild a program. He inherited one of, if not the best team in the GAC and he kept them at that level. He inherited one of, if not the best team in the MIAA (and the nation) and we all know what has happened. One of his defenders on here says K has a "proven track record" but I don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    I don't expect a change. Jerry gave Doucette a 6th season and Doucette was a heck of a lot worse than Coach K. After a 21-8 (12-6) first season, Doucette went 5 consecutive seasons without having a winning MIAA record (.500 a couple of times) and won 14 of fewer games overall in 4 of the 5 seasons (16 in the other). After a 25-7 (14-5) first season, Coach K has won 20 or more in 2 of the next 4 seasons.

I expect more of the same. Coach K has never had to rebuild a program. He inherited one of, if not the best team in the GAC and he kept them at that level. He inherited one of, if not the best team in the MIAA (and the nation) and we all know what has happened. One of his defenders on here says K has a "proven track record" but I don't see it.
                    This is terrible if he gets another season. It's time for change coach K has dismantled a top program and hasn't shown the ability to build.If no change next year will not be much better

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Oh great, we're really screwed if the Doucette level of failure is the gold standard for pulling the plug.

Comment

The Mules only lose two guys to graduation. Does anybody in Mules Nation really believe that the returning roster plus two players to be named later will get the program back to the top. Nobody is drinking that Kool-Aid.
                        Last edited by Donkeydamus; 03-07-2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...soC?li=BBnba9I

sounds like y'all are stuck
                          got me thinking to bad hires & someone happened to send me this this morning
                          as successful as ka was at cm it's remarkable how badly he did at mizzou. & frankly i'm sure he'll do really well at ps although the league's tougher now to win but even so that can change. i guess the gulf between d2 & d1 high majors is even wider than i thought.

yer roster is really bad. what's his contract though? it ain't like d2 schools have $ lying around to for buyouts like they do in d1a.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Food for thought first year MIAA record 14-5 not his players ready made team. Last 4 years in MIAA 39-40. Why are we keeping this guy, I know high school coaches who would have a better record.

Comment

Question to ponder...
                              How many coaches can you name that have been fired for performance after winning at least 20 games 3 times in 5 seasons?

Not saying I disagree with you just saying why I didn't think he would be fired.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X