Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Koster transferring from UNK

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    Koster announced tonight that he did find a D1 landing spot. He is headed to South Dakota

https://twitter.com/KanonKoster/stat...745983488?s=19
    As a fan of a team that consistently gets a decent number of recruits who received D1 interest and offers coming out of high school (most recently AJ Plitzuweit and Trevor Hanson, both of whom had D1 offers from some of the local low-/mid-majors), this is disappointing and discouraging news. Bums me out to see D2 treated as a feeder system, whether it's Nuni Omot going the D2-to-JUCO-to-D1 route a few years ago or this Koster kid going straight up to D1. Really hoping the Vikes don't have to deal with these transfer situations with the group we have.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      As a fan of a team that consistently gets a decent number of recruits who received D1 interest and offers coming out of high school (most recently AJ Plitzuweit and Trevor Hanson, both of whom had D1 offers from some of the local low-/mid-majors), this is disappointing and discouraging news. Bums me out to see D2 treated as a feeder system, whether it's Nuni Omot going the D2-to-JUCO-to-D1 route a few years ago or this Koster kid going straight up to D1. Really hoping the Vikes don't have to deal with these transfer situations with the group we have.
      They'll be D1 soon enough, no need to transfer.

If they are as cohesive as many thought throughout the year, they'll stick together for the next 3 years.

Comment

Shame on these kids for seeking out the best stage to share their basketball talents with the world! What do they think this is, a democracy?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          Shame on these kids for seeking out the best stage to share their basketball talents with the world! What do they think this is, a democracy?!?!
          I know you're technically right. I just think it will suck if it continues to develop as a trend at all levels that lower level schools or lower divisions just become feeder systems, even if it's not "wrong."

Comment

I know you're technically right. I just think it will suck if it continues to develop as a trend at all levels that lower level schools or lower divisions just become feeder systems, even if it's not "wrong."
            1.) Kids only get four years to play they should absolutely pursue what they believe to be the best possible opportunity.
            2.) Only a small, almost minuscule, amount of all D2 players are good enough to transfer up. I cant statistically back this up but I have to believe far more players are likely to not pan out and transfer "down" rather than "up."
            3.) Another item I cant statistically back up but feel strongly saying is that D1 to D2 transfers will continue to vastly out number D2 to D1 transfers.
            4.) The D1 to D1 transfer wheel spins fast and furious, and will probably only spin even faster and more furiously down the road when Augie is part of it.

Comment

Hard to question Omot since he landed at Baylor, which is a big time program. Easy to question Poydress who landed at some Utah low D1. Or Warren who left to try D1 and ended up at a worse D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                1.) Kids only get four years to play they should absolutely pursue what they believe to be the best possible opportunity.
                2.) Only a small, almost minuscule, amount of all D2 players are good enough to transfer up. I cant statistically back this up but I have to believe far more players are likely to not pan out and transfer "down" rather than "up."
                3.) Another item I cant statistically back up but feel strongly saying is that D1 to D2 transfers will continue to vastly out number D2 to D1 transfers.
                4.) The D1 to D1 transfer wheel spins fast and furious, and will probably only spin even faster and more furiously down the road when Augie is part of it.
                Listen, I'm the Apostle of Apprehension. Stop trying to bring logic into my land of irrational fear.

Comment

Listen, I'm the Apostle of Apprehension. Stop trying to bring logic into my land of irrational fear.
                  Don't forget about the D2 to D2 transfer possibility. Some of your best young players may transfer to Northwest after next year, so they can join up with those freshman guards to win a national title or two. See Joey Witthus.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                    Don't forget about the D2 to D2 transfer possibility. Some of your best young players may transfer to Northwest after next year, so they can join up with those freshman guards to win a national title or two. See Joey Witthus.

Comment

+10

Comment

Dang, that last part rules out my youngest son! I guess he can just stay at Southern and keep winning intramural titles.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
                          Dang, that last part rules out my youngest son! I guess he can just stay at Southern and keep winning intramural titles.
                          Or he could play for Southern?

Comment

Weston Baker Magrath transferring home to SMSU.

https://twitter.com/YaBoii_Wes/statu...66268653637632

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Good pickup for smsu

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I remember being mildly surprised he didn't commit to SMSU in the first place.

Rough stretch for UNK.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X