Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-20 SMSU Mustangs: Rebuilding the Dream

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Season started about as expected. Flashes of brilliance but then long flashed and droughts of inconsistency
    Yeah it's gonna be tough for the men. Real excited about the women though. Webb got the program turned around fast!

    Comment


    • #47

      Comment


      • #48
        would be great to beat USF and start 1-0 in the NSIC.

        Comment


        • #49
          Gonna be some serious growing pains this year. At times they look good. and then they score 13 points in 30 minutes...

          i like some of the youngsters but it will be interesting. Hopefully by the end of the year they are good

          Comment


          • #50
            This team has some real issues shooting and scoring. Uff da.

            I have never seen a team miss so many wide open 3 point shots. and because of that, they pass up too many wide open 3 pt shots and then shot tough 2 pt shots ala the Timberwolves.

            That is a huge issue and unless fixed, looking at about 64-18 in NSIC play.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
              I have never seen a team miss so many wide open 3 point shots. and because of that, they pass up too many wide open 3 pt shots and then shot tough 2 pt shots ala the Timberwolves.
              Wiggins has improved his shot selection immensely but Jeff Teague, woohoo Jeff Teague, has not gotten the memo.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

                Wiggins has improved his shot selection immensely but Jeff Teague, woohoo Jeff Teague, has not gotten the memo.
                seems so at least so far. Hopefully Wiggins can get better still. Wolves are bad at Target Center!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                  This team has some real issues shooting and scoring. Uff da.

                  I have never seen a team miss so many wide open 3 point shots. and because of that, they pass up too many wide open 3 pt shots and then shot tough 2 pt shots ala the Timberwolves.

                  That is a huge issue and unless fixed, looking at about 64-18 in NSIC play.
                  They're baiting us into those shots. Eventually they have to fall.....right?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

                    They're baiting us into those shots. Eventually they have to fall.....right?
                    I think that has been a theme for most teams early in the season. A lot of teams seem to be struggling to shoot the ball. Not sure if that is an anomaly or whether nsic is actually lacking shooters this year. If it’s the latter, could be even bigger problem next year when the three point line moves back.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      What's kinda funny is the fact that our percentages (both on offense and defense) are not that far off from 2008-09. Really highlights both how special that group was and how much the game has changed in just a decade.


                      2008-09
                      Offense: .438
                      Defense: .430

                      2019-20
                      Offense: .429
                      Defense: .430

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Really need 2 wins this weekend at home or at least a split !

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Saturday was fun. Nice to see some real progress in the effort category. That was finally the effort needed to compete in the NSIC on any given night. Sometimes that takes time to learn.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            It is going to be an up and down year as we are young. Going to be lots of figuring things out. As always the NSIC is unpredictable though so if they figure it out they can make a run

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                              It is going to be an up and down year as we are young. Going to be lots of figuring things out. As always the NSIC is unpredictable though so if they figure it out they can make a run
                              I remember when they started to figure things out late in 2015-16. In pretty much every game and even nearly swept 22-win Mankato. Transferred over to memorable 2016-17, as they only graduated one senior (similar to this year's roster breakdown).

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Been a tough go the last couple of weeks with lots of youth and injuries. Stay the Course and we will get there I think.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X