Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 16-17 NSIC Pick'em Week 9 (Chat Only)

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I'm just glad we took one in nonconference play at your place, Northern guys. This game was about as flat as the announcers.
    Get rid of your sorrows over a Hawaiian pizza.

Comment

I'm just glad we took one in nonconference play at your place, Northern guys. This game was about as flat as the announcers.
      By one....I'm not saying I think NSU is by far an away the best team. I'very simply only tried to say they are as capable of representing the NSIC in the regional as anyone.

As I noted, besides their 14 point win, all other losses to conference teams is four of them by a combined 9 points.

Anything can happen, five teams with a two game gap to win the conference regular season...but plenty of games left. HUGE weekend next week for the Wolves. I hate winter weekend with always hated Winona coming to town and UIU who is playing to keep their conference lead both nights including a possible game of the year match up with Moorhead on Saturday.

Overall just very please the NSU men and women have played great and putting themselves in contention. To think....the Wolves men only lose Mack for next year...

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        By one....I'm not saying I think NSU is by far an away the best team. I'very simply only tried to say they are as capable of representing the NSIC in the regional as anyone.

As I noted, besides their 14 point win, all other losses to conference teams is four of them by a combined 9 points.

Anything can happen, five teams with a two game gap to win the conference regular season...but plenty of games left.
        Absolutely! I actually didn't realize how packed the top of the league is until today. And it's actually five within a one-game gap! I'm guessing at least one of the five will be disappointed come Selection Sunday.

Comment

Absolutely! I actually didn't realize how packed the top of the league is until today. And it's actually five within a one-game gap! I'm guessing at least one of the five will be disappointed come Selection Sunday.
          I meant the tip five are separated by two games of 6th. No doubt at the very least one is disappointed. I can't fathom us getting more than three in....lots to play out. Wolves get past this weekend at home and that's a major hurdle.

Comment

[QUOTE=CoachSalscheider;2015267][QUOTE=MStateMaverick;2015251]

Just got back from the BSU

Agree with your assessment. I almost quit watching at before halftime when the Mavs were down by a much as 16 or 18 points, according to the game writeup. Fuqua can be a dominating player, but has frequent off nights, and as you mention, not enough of an inside presence in general this season. I would assume some of that role was originally thought to be taken by AJ Patty (no longer with the team). Or the RS freshman Asche, who apparently is not considered ready for sustained action.
            Essentially MSU is very similar to many teams in the NSIC this year, in that they are capable of a high level of play on any given night, but lacks the consistency of a really good team. I don't see the potential for a run through the conference tournament for this team.

Comment

Heck of a game last night in St. Cloud, between two pretty evenly matched teams. How even you may ask?
              Shooting SCSU was at 45.3% AU was at 45.5%.
              Rebounding was 39-36 in favor of SCSU and
              Turnovers were SCSU 12, AU 15.
              SCSU was just able to hit a couple of more shote down the stretch than Augie was able to.

The most helpful thing that I thought for SCSU was the fact that Zach Huisken only played 12 minutes last night, 6 in each half, and fouled out with over 9 minutes to go. I didn't think that Augie got much from their young bigs.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                Heck of a game last night in St. Cloud, between two pretty evenly matched teams. How even you may ask?
                Shooting SCSU was at 45.3% AU was at 45.5%.
                Rebounding was 39-36 in favor of SCSU and
                Turnovers were SCSU 12, AU 15.
                SCSU was just able to hit a couple of more shote down the stretch than Augie was able to.

The most helpful thing that I thought for SCSU was the fact that Zach Huisken only played 12 minutes last night, 6 in each half, and fouled out with over 9 minutes to go. I didn't think that Augie got much from their young bigs.
                You really got the full 16-17 Augustana basketball experience: a close game for 25 minutes, followed by the Vikings stretching out the lead to 7-10 points and looking like they might put the game away, and the final act is 5-6 minutes of clunky offensive possessions, missed defensive assignments, and missed FTs. But then you look at the stats and you realize that the squad has the best scoring margin in NSIC games despite having the 6th best record. Mathematics, pass it on.

Just like the perfect storm conditions are ripe for a post season run:
                -their "luck" in close games is bound to even out
                -no one has given the #1 team in the land a 20 minute butt kicking (50-37) like Augie
                -the NSIC Tourney (and Elite 8) is serendipitously in Sioux Falls

Personally I would incorporate more sets that give John Warren a chance to create off the dribble. This is a slippery slope given that Spencer is either the best or second best (Kretchman) offensive PG in the league while also recognizing the energy Warren expends each night on defense. However I think too many possessions end with John stationed in a corner while Spencer and Busack run a mildly successful pick and roll. If you flip Jordan and John (or even use John as a screener) in that play occasionally you lose Jordan's passing vision but you also gain his above average (and far better than Warren's) spot up shooting ability.

Comment

Wrong thread

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
                    Wrong thread
                    Somehow I got the mental image of Penelope weaving a burial shroud for Laertes, her father in law- and then unweaving it at night to keep the suitors away until Odysseus returns- but I might be thinking of the wrong Homer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X