Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by Moorhead123; 02-28-2021, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Lol...you said that stuff for over two seasons...keep throwing things out bud, it's all gonna stick at some point.

And NSU will never be "scrambling" to find a coach. You may dislike NSU or not get the interest, but coaches see it or we wouldn't have the history we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Lol...you said that stuff for over two seasons...keep throwing things out bud, it's all gonna stick at some point.

And NSU will never be "scrambling" to find a coach. You may dislike NSU or not get the interest, but coaches see it or we wouldn't have the history we have.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
            Worst kept secret in nsic is that Parker (and possibly some other nsu players) transfering after this season. Problem with you is that you are such an nsu homer...you and Ben Root wear your maroon colored glasses 24/7. Nsu is a good program and have good coaching. Good luck today. I expect a good and hard fought game between two good teams. Should be fun.
            Let's be honest...it's 2021. Every offseason at this point, every team is going to have guys transferring out. I could say, "I predict every team in the NSIC will have players transfer this offseason" and I'm more likely to be right than wrong. It sucks, but it's the reality.

I mean, would I be surprised if Fox transfers? Of course not. He's the clear conference Player of the Year, he's got two years left of basketball to play at a higher level, and he's always had the "I'm better than everyone says I am" chip on his shoulder. But I haven't seen a ton of NSU players who seem to be clear cut transfer material (unless they're transferring to another D2, I suppose). If it happens, Saul will probably get good players to come in. He's a good coach, Northern has incredible resources, and they've been the top program in the NSIC for the past 3-4 years. They'll still be good either way.

But arguing about whether or not guys are going to transfer is so pointless. The unfortunate reality is that it's probably inevitable for every team in the conference these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Let's be honest...it's 2021. Every offseason at this point, every team is going to have guys transferring out. I could say, "I predict every team in the NSIC will have players transfer this offseason" and I'm more likely to be right than wrong. It sucks, but it's the reality.

I mean, would I be surprised if Fox transfers? Of course not. He's the clear conference Player of the Year, he's got two years left of basketball to play at a higher level, and he's always had the "I'm better than everyone says I am" chip on his shoulder. But I haven't seen a ton of NSU players who seem to be clear cut transfer material (unless they're transferring to another D2, I suppose). If it happens, Saul will probably get good players to come in. He's a good coach, Northern has incredible resources, and they've been the top program in the NSIC for the past 3-4 years. They'll still be good either way.

But arguing about whether or not guys are going to transfer is so pointless. The unfortunate reality is that it's probably inevitable for every team in the conference these days.
              Last edited by Moorhead123; 02-28-2021, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Trust me, I'm fully on your side when it comes to disagreeing with people who say "don't post about this" or "it's not right to post about ______ (a specific player, a player or coach's personal life, etc.)." That's why the message board exists.

I didn't mean literally "don't keep talking about this, you guys," I meant it as more of a lament that it seems every kid who doesn't get exactly what he wants when he wants it chooses to transfer these days.

That being said, in this specific instance, it just seems like you and NSU4LIFE are destined to keep going back and forth with the same argument. Just like I used to do with John and Herdman (RIP, fellas) back in the day. So carry on as you see fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Trust me, I'm fully on your side when it comes to disagreeing with people who say "don't post about this" or "it's not right to post about ______ (a specific player, a player or coach's personal life, etc.)." That's why the message board exists.

I didn't mean literally "don't keep talking about this, you guys," I meant it as more of a lament that it seems every kid who doesn't get exactly what he wants when he wants it chooses to transfer these days.

That being said, in this specific instance, it just seems like you and NSU4LIFE are destined to keep going back and forth with the same argument. Just like I used to do with John and Herdman (RIP, fellas) back in the day. So carry on as you see fit.
                  Believe me...we won't continue to go back and forth. As I said last year, if people leave, they leave. Enjoy what you got while you got it. It looked like Winona was going to be good forever and it ended, it looked like Augie would never stop dominating and it ended, funny thing about life.

I mean...I can't have a serious conversation with someome who believes me to be at"homer"

I haven't got hyped about recruits, I said "have at it" with our radio guy and mentioned how I had people tell me they were going to call or write the AD about him (don't know if they did), complained about officiating one time over the calender year and simply said people should watch that second half and not that Moorhead didn't play well enough to win or that we should have been the victor's. I've used the 2017-2018 team as a measuring stick and while we have had a good run I personally don't see this team as being near that level, though they could still manage equal success. If being a fan is being a homer than I guess we must all be guilty. Ten years ago I was certainly unbearably obnoxious, emotional posts lacking much facts, but now I've hit they age in life where I doubt most things and am certainly lacking in "juice". My only worry is that we won't have enough players to field a team next year, that would be disappointing.
                  Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-28-2021, 11:02 AM. Reason: Changes Trust me to Believe me so I dont come off as a snarky copy cat

Comment

Believe me...we won't continue to go back and forth. As I said last year, if people leave, they leave. Enjoy what you got while you got it. It looked like Winona was going to be good forever and it ended, it looked like Augie would never stop dominating and it ended, funny thing about life.

I mean...I can't have a serious conversation with someome who believes me to be at"homer"

I haven't got hyped about recruits, I said "have at it" with our radio guy and mentioned how I had people tell me they were going to call or write the AD about him (don't know if they did), complained about officiating one time over the calender year and simply said people should watch that second half and not that Moorhead didn't play well enough to win or that we should have been the victor's. I've used the 2017-2018 team as a measuring stick and while we have had a good run I personally don't see this team as being near that level, though they could still manage equal success. If being a fan is being a homer than I guess we must all be guilty. Ten years ago I was certainly unbearably obnoxious, emotional posts lacking much facts, but now I've hit they age in life where I doubt most things and am certainly lacking in "juice". My only worry is that we won't have enough players to field a team next year, that would be disappointing.
                    Agreed. I find you annoying for a ton of reasons, not just because you are a homer.

(Just kidding.)

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• And a 3 pointer!

Comment

• What's crazy is that Moorhead is playing extremely well on defense. Active, tight and switching perfectly.

Comment

• Refs doing a lot of guessing and using make up calls for both squads.

Comment

• Welp...that was fun. 20 more minutes to go.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X