Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start over UCM MENS BASKETBALL

I have been calling for change for three plus years. I believe Randy posted Coach K. Conference record is 19-41 the last three years. This year really showed how bad things have gotten. No conference tournament plus no gimme games. We need a new head coach and a whole new set of assistants. Now is the time.

I thought AD Jerry Hughes would pull the trigger last year. Maybe UCM didn't want to spend the money to buy out coach K's contract. Covid didn't really impact attendance much, as fans had already "social distanced" from Mules basketball a couple of years ago. .Hughes has pissed off Mules Nation by letting this debacle drag on way longer than necessary and many supporters think it's time for Hughes to hit the retirement exit. It's time for Shawn Jones to make his return to UCM and be the AD and hire the next coach. That probably won't happen, as it appears that Hughes has a lifetime contract to clip coupons at UCM.

Comment

"Dear Lord, we ask that you please bring us a good basketball coach and thus end our suffering and no doubt the suffering of those who have endured our complaining over the last three years. Amen"

P.S. Does the guy in Maryville have a twin brother?

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
        "Dear Lord, we ask that you please bring us a good basketball coach and thus end our suffering and no doubt the suffering of those who have endured our complaining over the last three years. Amen"

P.S. Does the guy in Maryville have a twin brother?
        I think I speak for many here when I say far from suffering, we have enjoyed your complaining and would be delighted for it to continue.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

I think I speak for many here when I say far from suffering, we have enjoyed your complaining and would be delighted for it to continue.

That ain't funny, Grif. Mules basketball has been tits-up for too long. Time to let the big fella up and out of the barn.

Comment

Not trying to be a smart sob here, but have you actually spoken to the powers that be about the situation? I know it is easier to hide behind a message board, but in all honesty, it would carry more weight in person. Doesn't sound like the right people are following the mb.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
              Not trying to be a smart sob here, but have you actually spoken to the powers that be about the situation? I know it is easier to hide behind a message board, but in all honesty, it would carry more weight in person. Doesn't sound like the right people are following the mb.

Flake Off. Go walk your cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

Flake Off. Go walk your cat.
                Truth hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

The fact is, you are trying to be a smart sob. Yeah, just like the NW posters do, we talk to the powers to be on a weekly conference call which includes the coach, athletic director, and university president.. You're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

The fact is, you are trying to be a smart sob. Yeah, just like the NW posters do, we talk to the powers to be on a weekly conference call which includes the coach, athletic director, and university president.. You're an idiot.
                    Who's being the "smart sob" referencing weekly conference calls? You honestly have never talked to Jerry about your concerns for the basketball program or any other sports programs? From a fan perspective, that is one of the great things about D2- being close to the individuals who make those decisions and have the power to make change (coaches and AD's may have the opposite perspective). That doesn't happen at D1 unless you are donating big money.

Either way, emails are publicly accessible so you can send an email and voice your frustration. Just putting it on a message board and nothing else is like the person who doesn't ever vote but then complains about elected officials.

Comment

Of course I'm being a "smart sob", what part of Kiss My Ass don't you understand.

P.S. Great lecture, thanks.
                      Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 03-02-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Do you guys really think every UCM fan is telling Jerry that they love how things are going within the basketball program? C'mon... he knows fans aren't happy. lol

Comment

I'm certainly not piling on but this year's UCM team was hard to figure out. I thought that you guys had some nice talent especially your guards and Pinkley. In analyzing your schedule, you had 3 nice wins at home against Rogers, MO West and Lincoln (the last game by 19) and you guys played NWMS really well the first time in Maryville. It looks like you guys were almost more competitive early and did not improve as the season progressed (which would point to coaching). With that being said, this year's squad just got blown out on the road. Lost by 19 at MWSU, by 19 @UCO, by 20 @Wash, by 19 @MSSU, by 23 @UNK and by 36 FHSU and then finally by 43 at home against NWMS. There were so many games where you guys weren't competitive. I think that shows that Coach K just lost the team and they didn't have any fight in them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                            Do you guys really think every UCM fan is telling Jerry that they love how things are going within the basketball program? C'mon... he knows fans aren't happy. lol
                            I send him an email every day from my [email protected] account telling him how great I think Coach K is.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I send him an email every day from my [email protected] account telling him how great I think Coach K is.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X