• Show
Clear All

• 2022 Central region Tournament

3. NWMo vs 6. Moorhead Noon
    2. UMD vs 7. Washburn 2:30
    1. Augie vs 8. SWOSU 5pm
    4. UIU vs 5. UCO 730pm

Let the chatter begin
    Last edited by simple as a $3 bill; 03-06-2022, 11:08 PM.

I predict the Central Region winner wins the Natty again

Comment

Here's the schedule, I mistyped earlier:

https://goaugie.com/news/2022/3/6/me...mpionship.aspx

Comment

Not that it really matters, but afternoon games are all 4 teams that played in recent nsic and miaa conference tournament championship games. Will Andrews be healthy is big key for UMD. Guessing the seeds were also intended so that no nsic teams play another in round one?

Comment

Really love the MIAA and NSIC matchups and the 'potential' Augustana vs Central Oklahoma matchup in the the second round. I love all the potential 2nd round matchups. Just to say, the fact that the Central Region was able to refrain from matching up NSIC teams with NSIC teams in the 1st round, as well as avoiding 1st round games matching up MIAA teams with MIAA teams makes this Central Region tournament more interesting.
          Last edited by ZubCat81; 03-07-2022, 04:02 AM.

Comment

I agree with ZubCat81. Last year, they put Washburn, MO West and NWMS all on the same side of the bracket. I like how the 4 NSIC teams play the four teams from the GAC and MIAA. Should be an exciting a fun weekend. The venue in Sioux Falls is first class as well. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
              I agree with ZubCat81. Last year, they put Washburn, MO West and NWMS all on the same side of the bracket. I like how the 4 NSIC teams play the four teams from the GAC and MIAA. Should be an exciting a fun weekend. The venue in Sioux Falls is first class as well. Looking forward to it.
              They accomplished this on the women's side also, separating the 4 MIAA teams in round 1. Love how they did the matchups in both brackets!

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure who we'd rather play, other than maybe the red hot Dawgs from the GAC. That's not a shot at Moorhead, but all the NSIC teams are equally good and Washburn and UCO have both beaten us this year. To be honest, I am completely tired of playing Washburn... lol It'll be a tough first game... we'll have to come out of the gate playing well and hopefully we're fortunate enough to advance. Should be a great regional... whomever comes out of it will have deserved it.

Comment

I agree 100%. I watched some of the game in which the Dragons won. I was very impressed with them. If the MIAA teams can win their first round games, I will be very surprised. It reminds me of someone hitting the hornets nest with a bat. Hang on to your hat guys!

Comment

I also watched Minn-Moorhead against Duluth in the Championship. I was impressed with both teams. I think Duluth had one of their good players out (Andrews?) but I liked the Dragons athleticism and their inside play. Both will tough match-ups for Washburn and NWMS. I am equally tired of played NW. I hope we get to play each other again however.

Comment

I also watched Minn-Moorhead against Duluth in the Championship. I was impressed with both teams. I think Duluth had one of their good players out (Andrews?) but I liked the Dragons athleticism and their inside play. Both will tough match-ups for Washburn and NWMS. I am equally tired of played NW. I hope we get to play each other again however.
                        I think that you will find that there are a lot of us on this board who hope you get to play each other once again.

Comment

Yes....Andrews is questionable for a return. They missed him in the conference tourney final. NSIC North POY....19 and 9 guy.
                          https://northernsun.org/news/2022/2/...announced.aspx

Certainly it would be easy to see Augustana vs NWMSU for the regional title....but teams like UCO seem to be in a nice spot for an "upset"..if you wanted to call it that..but other than the 8 seed, it would seem that there's a good amount of parity here in this bracket.

Comment

Always enjoyed looking at the Massey Rankings for NCAA DII Football at the end of each week. This is the first time I bothered to look at the Massey Rankings for NCAA DII Basketball. Interesting looking at the SOS column for the teams in this Central Region. Then plugging in any two teams in the Matchup to see how Massey predicts the outcome of the game and the win%.

https://masseyratings.com/cb/ncaa-d2/ratings

Will be interesting to see how deserving #1 Nova SE is going to fare with that 28-0 record once these playoffs get under way. Got some size on their roster. Boy, they play in a beautiful arena. Really nice campus in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Student enrollment about 26,000. Gotta love their Massey SOS for that #1 ranking. Yep, gonna be interesting.

https://nsusharks.com/sports/2013/9/...912130618.aspx
                            Last edited by ZubCat81; 03-08-2022, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X