Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The offense is far from rolling.

Comment

8:00 drought for UIU from the field. Certainly haven't seen anything like that the entire year.

Comment

UCO has made Upper Iowa expend a ton of energy in the last 5 minutes of a double digit game.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
          UCO has made Upper Iowa expend a ton of energy in the last 5 minutes of a double digit game.
          I made that same comment. I didn't like seeing Smoldt getting banged up like that. That trap was giving them hell.

Comment

3/12:
            MIAA 2-1 vs NSIC
            NSIC 1-0 vs GAC
            MIAA vs NSIC Monday for the title.
            NWMSU vs WU part 4 tonight.
            How many times did AU & UIU play each other this year?
            Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-13-2022, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              3/12:
              MIAA 2-1 vs NSIC
              NSIC 1-0 vs GAC
              MIAA vs NSIC Monday for the title.
              NWMSU vs WU part 4 tonight.
              How many times did AU & UIU play each other this year?
              Twice
              Dec 17 @ UIU. UIU 84 AU 65. Augustana without S. POY Tyler Riemersma who had Influenza. A real blowout.

Feb 5 @ AU. AU 92 UIU 83. A high scoring game.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Twice
                Dec 17 @ UIU. UIU 84 AU 65. Augustana without S. POY Tyler Riemersma who had Influenza. A real blowout.

Feb 5 @ AU. AU 92 UIU 83. A high scoring game.
                Upper Iowa without Jareese Williams.

Comment

The consequences of Augie sustaining a 10 minute offensive funk like they did vs SWOSU will be met with far graver consequences against the Peacocks. Riemersma was the only one who didn't struggle to start last night and obviously he'll have a matchup advantage tonight but Dykman and LeBrun have to look to score otherwise the Vikings won't be able to keep pace with UIU.

Defensively Augie has the athletes and familiarity to challenge Hilmer, Smoldt, and Williams but obviously that doesn't guarantee success. Last night Augie had to rely on zone defense for the majority of the game and struggled to rebound, I would imagine they'll be back in mostly man tonight which should get the rebounding margin back in their favor.

UMD had an argument when fully healthy but UIU and Augie have felt like the best in the NSIC all season to me. This should be a war and I can't wait to watch.

Comment

MIAA was 3-1 vs NSIC despite NSIC topping the MIAA regular season-definitely 2 of the best D2 conferences

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                      MIAA was 3-1 vs NSIC despite NSIC topping the MIAA regular season-definitely 2 of the best D2 conferences
                      Not sure your point here. Statistics are accurate, but nw mo clearly best team in tournament so not sure that therefore means miaa better overall conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Not sure your point here. Statistics are accurate, but nw mo clearly best team in tournament so not sure that therefore means miaa better overall conference.
                        Tact is never his best trait... lol. Yeah, I'd say they're pretty equal. Moorhead and Augustana both ran into NW, so there is 2 of the 3 losses. Duluth was down, maybe their best player, when they lost to Washburn. Don't get me wrong, Washburn is still capable of beating them at full strength and dealt with their own injuries all season including the regional, but it's still factual that it played out that way. Our co-conference champion that beat NW lost to UIU. Play all the games again and it it could be a completely different result... just like the early season tournaments. It is what it is... 2 great conferences that get hosed by being in the same region.

Comment

Good luck to the Bearcats next week. They were definitely the class of the regional. I agree with Alfred33. I think the conferences are pretty even and yes we were fortunate that Duluth's best player was down but we dealt with injuries all season and having 2 or our top 8 against NWMS certainly did not help us. I think NWMS losing 4 games in our conference will show the rest of D2 how good the top of our conference was this year. Again, good luck in Evansville to the Bearcats!

Comment

NW vs AU is archived for those who were there or missed it. $5.99 sign up fee just like for the live feed

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X