Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
    The longevity of the run gives this one to Northwest. From 2017 to 2022, Northwest is 193-13 with four national championships. Northwest was 31-1, #1 in the nation, and coming off an MIAA tournament championship when Covid cancelled the 2020 playoffs as well, so you could be looking at 4 in a row instead of 3, but we'll never know.

I was thinking this morning, and if we only knew then what we know now.... having a free covid year granted that Hudgins isn't going to use, it sure would've been nice to pull his redshirt in 2018 when Pitts hurt his foot... maybe we'd be talking about 5 in a row? Now, I'm just being greedy. lol
    Interesting hypothetical, but I sometimes wonder if KA hadn't left UCM would Ben have won all of those championships? I still think he wins a couple probably, but maybe not as many as he's won so far. I'm sure everyone will reference his tenure at Mizzou and Pitt St as why he wouldn't be able to keep up with Ben. But, the team he had coming back from the national championship was pretty talented and he had UCM rolling. Who knows, but for the Mules fans it's an interesting what-if. I still think he's a great coach even though a lot of people (mizzou mainly) argue that he isn't because of his time there and PSU. You don't have a run like he did at UCM if you don't know how to coach basketball. That 06 - 07 team or 08-09 team against some of these NWMSU teams would be pretty fun to watch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X