Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More impressive run: 2017-22 Northwest Mo. State or 2006-08 Winona State

Those Winona State teams were truly spectacular. They set a mark that may never be topped.

At the same time, for NWMSU to achieve this level of excellence across multiple player eras is remarkable in its own right. This isn't just riding one great recruiting class to success. They could be broken down into 2 or 3 different eras in this run.

Would it be fair to say the Central Region deserves more respect?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
      Would it be fair to say the Central Region deserves more respect?
      After this last decade plus, the Central Region should be putting pressure on D2 to go to a national tournament instead of a regional one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        Those Winona State teams were truly spectacular. They set a mark that may never be topped.

At the same time, for NWMSU to achieve this level of excellence across multiple player eras is remarkable in its own right. This isn't just riding one great recruiting class to success. They could be broken down into 2 or 3 different eras in this run.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

They sure were and I sure miss it. Kind of kept it going to a lesser scale through the Vette years. Then the Leaf fiasco, coupled with an idiotic new athletic director who kicked the two guys down the road who were really responsible for the success spoiled it. The AD will forever be in my doghouse for that arrogance. Now we live it what feels like permanent suspended animation.

Comment

This conversation is a non starter unless one day Coach McCollum is proven to be a sexual deviant. Til then its hands down NWMSU

Comment

Remember winona would have won 3 straight if not for a flukey meltdown in the one title game where they somehow lost an unloseable game in the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post

After this last decade plus, the Central Region should be putting pressure on D2 to go to a national tournament instead of a regional one.
                Amen. Add volleyball too and the Central Region has been hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post

Amen. Add volleyball too and the Central Region has been hosed.
                  Football, basketball and volleyball is so strong in this region of the country. But we are giving the NCAA too much credit in thinking they might eventually get this right.

Comment

I don't know why, it's only the 6th straight season the Central has been represented in the national championship game...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                        Remember winona would have won 3 straight if not for a flukey meltdown in the one title game where they somehow lost an unloseable game in the last minute.
                        Didn't even realize today was the anniversary...

Comment

Comment

Football, basketball and volleyball is so strong in this region of the country. But we are giving the NCAA too much credit in thinking they might eventually get this right.
                            If I represented a school in one of the "weaker" regions, give me a reason why I should vote fewer opportunities for schools in my region to make the tournament. You can't do what D1 does and dangle a big pot of TV money in front of me. Why should I vote to make the change you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

If I represented a school in one of the "weaker" regions, give me a reason why I should vote fewer opportunities for schools in my region to make the tournament. You can't do what D1 does and dangle a big pot of TV money in front of me. Why should I vote to make the change you want?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X