X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NWMSU by a longshot.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

Yeah...I thought the same when I saw this thread. Both are incredible feats but this Northwest run makes thus not even a debate.
      I tend to agree, but that's what makes it crazy to think about. That it's not even a debate shows to me how impressive NWMSU has been in this run. It says a lot about some of the other teams in the region in this run as well. Northern has had a nice little rivalry with Northwest, the 2017 region championship came down to the last shot, and I believe Missouri Southern went toe to toe with them a few times too. This region has had pretty good depth, it's not just Northwest dominating weak competition.

Comment

Both are impressive but NW is more so.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Every time I watch this I hope it will turn out different but it never does.
          This is how I feel everytime I watch that Gordon Hayward shot against Duke in 2010. This is the time it finally goes in I tell myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
            NWMSU by a longshot.
            This is great like you know what your talking about. It would be a great game. D2 has been on a down turn now for over 10 years on talent. With more schools going D1, schools figuring out the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa are hot beds for talent and players who can play those same guys who were never recruited or barley recruited by D1's are now going to them. This isn't to take anything away from NWMS but I mean they did lose to the best coach in all of basketball history in Craig "I pretend to care about my players, but toot my own horn" Doty twice. So basically NWMS didn't win the title this year, Emporia did because they didn't make the tourney but if they did they would have won the entire thing.

A couple tips here.

It not right to compare these two teams as they were different time periods. NWMS has a true dynasty now and WSU choked, if they didn't do that then they would have been the first dynasty with NWMS second. BUT it didn't happen so NWMS is one and WSU is not but that doesn't mean the game wouldn't have been a great one. BTW I would take Central Missouri squad over this years NWMS squad by 6. The NWMS squad from the year before by 8.

Second tip someone go sit down with Emporia and explain to them how to schedule properly so they can make the tournament next year. Its amazing to see a group complain so much about the set up of the tournament when they have a layout of how you get points during the season to make sure you are in the talk. Don't play NAIA or D3 schools, also go schedule NSIC teams instead of dodging them. Note to Emporia if you go schedule say WSU and Concordia for a weekend roady you would pick up 2 road wins get major points and if one or both win games you will move your team up those regional rankings quick. BUT hey Massey ratings are fun too so keep using those to complain instead of just looking at the rules! Stingers UP or Down? How come everyone is using that now?

Peace out til 2024 or until WSU makes a coaching change. They celebrated 100 wins for the current group while WT is celebrating 200 for the old staff. Yet that old staff was ran off and then not allowed to interview for the job. Can't make this stuff up!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

I would not be one bit afraid to stack John Smith, Jonte Flowers, Quincy Henderson, David Zellman, Zack Malvik and the replacements that followed against any of them. The mentioned five has to be one of the best assembled D2 starting casts of all time.
              The way Jonte developed into an unstoppable scorer over his career was extremely impressive. He scored 33 of Winona's 68 against NSU in the 2008 region final.

Comment

The longevity of the run gives this one to Northwest. From 2017 to 2022, Northwest is 193-13 with four national championships. Northwest was 31-1, #1 in the nation, and coming off an MIAA tournament championship when Covid cancelled the 2020 playoffs as well, so you could be looking at 4 in a row instead of 3, but we'll never know.

I was thinking this morning, and if we only knew then what we know now.... having a free covid year granted that Hudgins isn't going to use, it sure would've been nice to pull his redshirt in 2018 when Pitts hurt his foot... maybe we'd be talking about 5 in a row? Now, I'm just being greedy. lol

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
                  *snip*
                  Chill, it was just my opinion.

Personally, I'm more impressed by NWMSU. I don't know what tournament you watched, but the Bearcats did in-fact win the title this year, and their coach isn't a dirtbag like what WSU dragged in during their run.

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post

This is great like you know what your talking about. It would be a great game. D2 has been on a down turn now for over 10 years on talent. With more schools going D1, schools figuring out the Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa are hot beds for talent and players who can play those same guys who were never recruited or barley recruited by D1's are now going to them. This isn't to take anything away from NWMS but I mean they did lose to the best coach in all of basketball history in Craig "I pretend to care about my players, but toot my own horn" Doty twice. So basically NWMS didn't win the title this year, Emporia did because they didn't make the tourney but if they did they would have won the entire thing.

A couple tips here.

It not right to compare these two teams as they were different time periods. NWMS has a true dynasty now and WSU choked, if they didn't do that then they would have been the first dynasty with NWMS second. BUT it didn't happen so NWMS is one and WSU is not but that doesn't mean the game wouldn't have been a great one. BTW I would take Central Missouri squad over this years NWMS squad by 6. The NWMS squad from the year before by 8.

Second tip someone go sit down with Emporia and explain to them how to schedule properly so they can make the tournament next year. Its amazing to see a group complain so much about the set up of the tournament when they have a layout of how you get points during the season to make sure you are in the talk. Don't play NAIA or D3 schools, also go schedule NSIC teams instead of dodging them. Note to Emporia if you go schedule say WSU and Concordia for a weekend roady you would pick up 2 road wins get major points and if one or both win games you will move your team up those regional rankings quick. BUT hey Massey ratings are fun too so keep using those to complain instead of just looking at the rules! Stingers UP or Down? How come everyone is using that now?

Peace out til 2024 or until WSU makes a coaching change. They celebrated 100 wins for the current group while WT is celebrating 200 for the old staff. Yet that old staff was ran off and then not allowed to interview for the job. Can't make this stuff up!!! LOL
                    i admit, i'm amused.
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Chill, it was just my opinion.

Personally, I'm more impressed by NWMSU. I don't know what tournament you watched, but the Bearcats did in-fact win the title this year, and their coach isn't a dirtbag like what WSU dragged in during their run.

Comment

AD

Comment

Ouch. "He" rode to the top on their hardwork, I'm guessing? If so, that's even worse.

I definitely respect the work the players did, and have no ill-will towards the program itself. Just can't stand the bench boss for a handful of those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                            I was thinking this morning, and if we only knew then what we know now.... having a free covid year granted that Hudgins isn't going to use, it sure would've been nice to pull his redshirt in 2018 when Pitts hurt his foot... maybe we'd be talking about 5 in a row? Now, I'm just being greedy. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                              if we only knew then what we know now.... having a free covid year granted that Hudgins isn't going to use, it sure would've been nice to pull his redshirt in 2018 when Pitts hurt his foot... maybe we'd be talking about 5 in a row? Now, I'm just being greedy. lol

Comment

Perhaps Coach T has transferred his long held Jedi Powers to Coach Mac! :)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X