Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAU vs NWMSU

Tip-off 6:00pm 03/11/23 in Maryville MO.
    SAU is 0-3 vs the field while NWMSU is 5-2. SAU has 8 transfers and a 1st year coach. NWMSU has no transfers and Ben’s in his 14th year. SAU & NWMSU have no common opponents.

The blue and gold Muleriders hail from Magnolia 650 miles south of Maryville.

Comment

It’s a shame this game will be played while the NW students are on Spring Break.

Comment

I'm confident that if a student wanted to return, and pay to go to the game, they would. But then again, this is such old hat for them, why come to an early round game? It's a foregone conclusion that NW will be playing in the regional championship game on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
          I'm confident that if a student wanted to return, and pay to go to the game, they would. But then again, this is such old hat for them, why come to an early round game? It's a foregone conclusion that NW will be playing in the regional championship game on Tuesday.
          Don’t be so certain…if Msum can find a way on Saturday they have a chance to give nwmsu a game. We will see…

Comment

I feel pretty confident we will get past Saturday, but beyond that, I think it's up for grabs. I would never bet against the Cats, but I wouldn't bet my savings on them either. Defensively, we're probably as good as we've ever been.... Offensively, we can go through some droughts for stretches.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I feel pretty confident we will get past Saturday, but beyond that, I think it's up for grabs. I would never bet against the Cats, but I wouldn't bet my savings on them either. Defensively, we're probably as good as we've ever been.... Offensively, we can go through some droughts for stretches.
              Nwmsu at home is clearly the favorite…but there are no guarantees in March as everyone knows. I hope the officials do a good job. I’m always a little skeptical when you mix refs from different conferences. Last year I thought it was quite evident that the refs were a bit biased in favor of teams from their respective conferences. Hope I was just seeing things and that wasn’t the case.

Comment

I like our chances IF DB or Wes ends up MVP of the Regional 😎
                I hope the refs from other conferences can keep up with DB’s speed and quickness and that they ‘appreciate’ and don’t ‘penalize’ the ‘Cats stifling defense😎

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  I hope the refs from other conferences can keep up with DB’s speed and quickness and that they ‘appreciate’ and don’t ‘penalize’ the ‘Cats stifling defense😎
                  Yes both those guys are very good players. DB has been known to get a few early fouls. I still can’t believe that nwmsu is a better team this year after losing Hudgins, but I also know the freshman kid has been very good as well. Looking forward to some high level games in the regional.

Comment

I also hope everyone can see the difference between stifling defense and "clutch and grab" as fine as the line may be at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Don’t be so certain…if Msum can find a way on Saturday they have a chance to give nwmsu a game. We will see…
                      I was referring to the mindset of the NW student as they know nothing but success. Under McCollum, NW is 364-85 going 224-61 in league play (this includes the conference tourney). Over the past seven seasons they are 160-10. His teams have gone an incredible 29 - 5 in DII tournament play with natty's in '17, '19, '21 & '22. Was the prohibitive favorite in 2020 when COVID ended eh season prematurely.

I'm too lazy to look this up but it would be hard pressed to find a coach/team with better results during his tenure at NW.

Comment

Considering the MVP is likely to come from the team that wins the region, I think I would like our chances if Diego or Wes were to win that award as well. lol

Comment

I was referring to the mindset of the NW student as they know nothing but success. Under McCollum, NW is 364-85 going 224-61 in league play (this includes the conference tourney). Over the past seven seasons they are 160-10. His teams have gone an incredible 29 - 5 in DII tournament play with natty's in '17, '19, '21 & '22. Was the prohibitive favorite in 2020 when COVID ended eh season prematurely.

I'm too lazy to look this up but it would be hard pressed to find a coach/team with better results during his tenure at NW.
                          You don’t have to convince me that nwmsu has been pretty good the past few seasons (or decades). They have been on a historic run and deserve every accolade they get. In addition, they are very good this year and playing at home. So anyone saying they aren’t the favorite probably needs their head examined. But, they no longer have Trevor Hudgins, which cracks the door open ever so slightly. Also, I’m willing to wager they don’t win every national tournament forever…so might as well start with this year. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

Yes both those guys are very good players. DB has been known to get a few early fouls. I still can’t believe that nwmsu is a better team this year after losing Hudgins, but I also know the freshman kid has been very good as well. Looking forward to some high level games in the regional.
                            Ben mentioned an interesting point recently concerning this year’s team. The 1st 3 players off the bench have all started at least 1 game in Evansville.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I also hope everyone can see the difference between stifling defense and "clutch and grab" as fine as the line may be at times.
                              I’ve never seen a Bearcat defender touch anything but the ball 😎

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X