Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

So, is that now two or three Lady Linons in the transfer portal? I assume they're all team stars hoping to play D1. The Lady Linons really looked good and got on a roll at tourney time.
    That is now three. Of course, Lacy was a huge star that will go D1. Hailey Grant came off the bench. She was long and athletic, a 6'1 guard/forward, who had a lot of potential and could really break out and be a solid contributor somewhere. Peyton Mosley was a true freshman from Texas who only played in mop-up duty. Not sure if she wants to be closer to home or just wants more playing time now.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Wow, Hailey too...really like her as a player...long, athletic...in games I watched seemed to me she may have been under utilized. After saying that...checked her stats...played 13.9 minutes a game, 3.9 points, 3.3 rebounds off the bench. Of course I'm not there every day, but sure seemed like she could play. Wonder what I was missing.

After going thru this process, hope she finds a better situation...easier said than done, that's for sure. Took longer than expected, but fortunately, my daughter found a great landing spot.
      I really liked Hailey as a player too. She seems to lack some confidence, can be inconsistent, and seems to get down on herself if she makes a mistake. I agree that she was under-utilized, especially late in the year. There were a couple of games where she didn't play at all and a few others where she played less than 5 minutes. Her lack of playing time late in the year may have contributed to this decision.

She did improve a lot this year. Added a couple of moves to her game and crashed the boards hard. I hate to see her go. At 6'1 and very athletic, she will be a nice player for someone. She just needs more playing time and more confidence, and she could really break out. I was hoping it would be here next year. I hope she does find a situation that will work for her.

MoWest will be really tough next year now that your daughter will finally be able to play. I realLy liked her as a player at Pitt (as much as i can like any player at Pitt, that is).

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

I really liked Hailey as a player too. She seems to lack some confidence, can be inconsistent, and seems to get down on herself if she makes a mistake. I agree that she was under-utilized, especially late in the year. There were a couple of games where she didn't play at all and a few others where she played less than 5 minutes. Her lack of playing time late in the year may have contributed to this decision.

She did improve a lot this year. Added a couple of moves to her game and crashed the boards hard. I hate to see her go. At 6'1 and very athletic, she will be a nice player for someone. She just needs more playing time and more confidence, and she could really break out. I was hoping it would be here next year. I hope she does find a situation that will work for her.

MoWest will be really tough next year now that your daughter will finally be able to play. I realLy liked her as a player at Pitt (as much as i can like any player at Pitt, that is).
        They do look to be tough next year...hopefully everyone will stay healthy. Western lost some girls too, some contributors, it'll be interesting to see if they bring any transfers in like they did last year with Johnnie Gonzales and Jayme.

League looks to be a lot different next year with Hobson leaving Hays, no Lacy Stokes for you all plus Skiles and Johns graduating, UNK losing a lot in their graduating class. Will Pitt continue to play better, UCM will still be tough, Western could take a step forward...don't know if anyone else takes a step up in the other 8 teams. Some around here think NW will take a big step forward...I don't see it.

Comment

They do look to be tough next year...hopefully everyone will stay healthy. Western lost some girls too, some contributors, it'll be interesting to see if they bring any transfers in like they did last year with Johnnie Gonzales and Jayme.

League looks to be a lot different next year with Hobson leaving Hays, no Lacy Stokes for you all plus Skiles and Johns graduating, UNK losing a lot in their graduating class. Will Pitt continue to play better, UCM will still be tough, Western could take a step forward...don't know if anyone else takes a step up in the other 8 teams. Some around here think NW will take a big step forward...I don't see it.
          The league definitely will be different. It will be interesting to see who the various teams sign and what transfers they bring in. Last fall, we signed a lady out of Coffeyville CC who I hope will help fill Laynes role. It will take multiple players stepping up to fill Lacys role.

Comment

The league definitely will be different. It will be interesting to see who the various teams sign and what transfers they bring in. Last fall, we signed a lady out of Coffeyville CC who I hope will help fill Laynes role. It will take multiple players stepping up to fill Lacys role.
            Layne had some key 3's during the Regional (probably all year :) ) Not sure Lacy's role can be filled...will have to look somewhat different. Definitely will be interesting to see how Ronnie puts things together next year.

Comment

Layne had some key 3's during the Regional (probably all year :) ) Not sure Lacy's role can be filled...will have to look somewhat different. Definitely will be interesting to see how Ronnie puts things together next year.
              Layne definitely hit some key 3s all year. She was our most reliable 3-point shooter and our defensive stopper on forwards/centers. Definitely can't just replace Lacy. Team will have to play a little differently and everyone will have to step up some.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post
                Since I cannot find a website like Verbal Commits D2 for Women's Basketball, I'll open up a thread. Send in your twitter finds on who has entered the portal

CENTRAL MISSOURI

N/A

CENTRAL OKLAHOMA

N/A

EMPORIA STATE

N/A

FORT HAYS STATE

N/A

LINCOLN

N/A

MISSOURI SOUTHERN

G Peyton Mosley (FR-2.6ppg)
                G Lacy Stokes (SO-17.3ppg-2021/22 MIAA POY & 2021/22 MIAA Freshman of the Year)
                G/F Hailey Grant (RSO-3.9ppg)

MISSOURI WESTERN

N/A

NEBRASKA-KEARNEY

N/A

NEWMAN

N/A

NORTHEASTERN STATE

N/A

NORTHWEST MISSOURI

N/A

PITTSBURG STATE

N/A

ROGERS STATE

N/A

WASHBURN

N/A
                To all MIAA women basketball players:

There is a new thing now called a “transfer portal”. This allows you to sign up to explore options of playing basketball at other universities. It appears you may not be familiar with it. For more information, contact any current MSSU player.

Good Luck,
                Mister Wizard

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post

To all MIAA women basketball players:

There is a new thing now called a “transfer portal”. This allows you to sign up to explore options of playing basketball at other universities. It appears you may not be familiar with it. For more information, contact any current MSSU player.

Good Luck,
                  Mister Wizard
                  There are others in the portal, but Alex hasn't been able to verify it so he hasn't added them.

Comment

There are others in the portal, but Alex hasn't been able to verify it so he hasn't added them.
                    MBB players are tripping all over themselves to post that they're in the portal...WBB not so much. Somewhat frustrating because we dont know who is going where BUT I respect them for not needing the social media ego boost.

Comment

Madi Stokes is also leaving MOSO. Not sure if she is transferring, or just moving on after 5 years in the program. Her tweet thanked MOSO and said #31signingout.

Comment

Madi Stokes is also leaving MOSO. Not sure if she is transferring, or just moving on after 5 years in the program. Her tweet thanked MOSO and said #31signingout.
                        Wondered if she might be done with Laci leaving. She was a big force in the middle.

Comment

Wondered if she might be done with Laci leaving. She was a big force in the middle.
                          That's what I think. With Lacy leaving and others graduating or leaving, I just wonder if she decided not to play her extra Covid year. Especially since she said #31 signing out. She was the last of the local ladies still here. We will definitely miss her in the middle. Will be a lot different team next year.

Comment

That's what I think. With Lacy leaving and others graduating or leaving, I just wonder if she decided not to play her extra Covid year. Especially since she said #31 signing out. She was the last of the local ladies still here. We will definitely miss her in the middle. Will be a lot different team next year.
                            MoSo will certainly look a lot different...it'll be interesting.

I've found it really interesting how much these girls from different teams know each other and talk quite a bit about...let's say things...I'm privy to some of it, but can't really divulge it on a public forum...I'll say this...I'm not surprised she is also not going to play next year...I would be surprised if she played anywhere next year. Lacy leaving did surprise me. That wasn't on the radar at all.

Comment

Our first MIAA Transfer is signed!

Missouri Western's Abby Bala has transferred to TA&M Kingsville.

https://javelinaathletics.com/news/2...asketball.aspx

Comment

When I went to the MoWest website to read about Abby Bala, I noticed three more ladies who played in 22-23, but are not listed on the roster now ... Trinity Knapp, Cleao Murray, and Kadyn Cobb. Are they some of the ladies that may have entered the transfer portal, but not confirmed yet?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X