Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC Scores, Final Standings and Tournament Brackets (2/18)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSIC Scores, Final Standings and Tournament Brackets (2/18)

MEN
    Wayne State 74, Winona State 59
    Augustana 92, Upper Iowa 87
    Minot State 86, Bemidji State 69
    Minnesota State-Moorhead 62, Minnesota-Duluth 56
    Minnesota State-Mankato 79, Sioux Falls 67
    Minnesota-Crookston 91, Mary 80
    Northern State 75, St. Cloud State 64
    Southwest Minnesota State 89, Concordia-St. Paul 76

Final Standings
    1. Minnesota State-Moorhead (24-4, 19-3)
    2. Northern State (21-7, 17-5)
    2. Southwest Minnesota State (22-5, 17-5)
    4. Augustana (21-7, 16-6)
    4. Upper Iowa (19-9, 16-6)
    6. Minnesota State-Mankato (19-9, 14-8)
    6. St. Cloud State (18-13, 14-8)
    8. Mary (12-16, 10-12)
    8. Minot State (14-14, 10-12)
    8. Sioux Falls (14-16, 10-12)
    11. Bemidji State (10-17, 8-14)
    11. Wayne State (10-18, 8-14)
    11. Winona State (11-15, 8-14)
    14. Minnesota-Crookston (8-20, 4-18)
    15. Minnesota-Duluth (4-24, 3-19)
    16. Concordia-St. Paul (5-24, 2-20)

Final North Division Standings
    1. Minnesota State-Moorhead (24-4, 19-3)
    2. Northern State (21-7, 17-5)
    3. St. Cloud State (18-13, 14-8)
    4. Mary (12-16, 10-12)
    4. Minot State (14-14, 10-12)
    6. Bemidji State (10-17, 8-14)
    7. Minnesota-Crookston (8-20, 4-18)
    8. Minnesota-Duluth (4-24, 3-19)

Final South Division Standings
    1. Southwest Minnesota State (22-5, 17-5)
    2. Augustana (21-7, 16-6)
    2. Upper Iowa (19-9, 16-6)
    4. Minnesota State-Mankato (19-9, 14-8)
    5. Sioux Falls (14-16, 10-12)
    6. Wayne State (10-18, 8-14)
    6. Winona State (11-15, 8-14)
    8. Concordia-St. Paul (5-24, 2-20)

==============================

WOMEN
    Wayne State 67, Winona State 63
    Augustana 93, Upper Iowa 42
    Bemidji State 90, Minot State 84
    Northern State 64, St. Cloud State 46
    Sioux Falls 75, Minnesota State-Mankato 65
    Minnesota State-Moorhead 75, Minnesota-Duluth 58
    Concordia-St. Paul 71, Southwest Minnesota State 68
    Mary 87, Minnesota-Crookston 81 (OT)

Final Standings
    1. Minnesota State-Moorhead (23-3, 20-2)
    2. Augustana (22-7, 17-5)
    3. Northern State (20-6, 16-6)
    3. Wayne State (21-6, 16-6)
    5. Concordia-St. Paul (19-9, 15-7)
    5. Sioux Falls (19-7, 15-7)
    5. Winona State (20-8, 15-7)
    8. Minnesota State-Mankato (16-10, 12-10)
    9. Minnesota-Duluth (13-13, 11-11)
    10. Mary (15-15, 10-12)
    11. St. Cloud State (11-15, 9-13)
    12. Minnesota-Crookston (7-19, 7-15)
    13. Bemidji State (7-19, 4-18)
    13. Upper Iowa (4-21, 4-18)
    15. Southwest Minnesota State (3-23, 3-19)
    16. Minot State (4-24, 2-20)

Final North Division Standings
    1. Minnesota State-Moorhead (23-3, 20-2)
    2. Northern State (20-6, 16-6)
    3. Minnesota-Duluth (13-13, 11-11)
    4. Mary (15-15, 10-12)
    5. St. Cloud State (11-15, 9-13)
    6. Minnesota-Crookston (7-19, 7-15)
    7. Bemidji State (7-19, 4-18)
    8. Minot State (4-24, 2-20)

Final South Division Standings
    1. Augustana (22-7, 17-5)
    2. Wayne State (21-6, 16-6)
    3. Concordia-St. Paul (19-9, 15-7)
    3. Sioux Falls (19-7, 15-7)
    3. Winona State (20-8, 15-7)
    6. Minnesota State-Mankato (16-10, 12-10)
    7. Upper Iowa (4-22, 4-18)
    8. Southwest Minnesota State (3-23, 3-19)

==============================

NSIC / Sanford Health Basketball Tournament

Men's First Round - Wednesday, February 22
    Concordia-St. Paul at Minnesota State-Moorhead
    Mary at Minnesota State-Mankato
    Wayne State at St. Cloud State
    Minnesota-Crookston at Upper Iowa

Minnesota-Duluth at Southwest Minnesota State
    Sioux Falls at Minot State
    Bemidji State at Augustana
    Winona State at Northern State

----------------------------------------------

Women's First Round - Wednesday, February 22
    Southwest Minnesota State at Minnesota State-Moorhead
    St. Cloud State at Sioux Falls
    Bemidji State at Wayne State
    Minnesota State-Mankato at Minnesota-Duluth

Minot State at Augustana
    Winona State at Mary
    Upper Iowa at Northern State
    Minnesota-Crookston at Concordia-St. Paul

Re: NSIC Scores, Final Standings and Tournament Brackets (2/18)

Apparently the balance of NSIC coaches are now aware that Augie will be hosting its first round NSIC Tourney games at the Pentagon. As you might expect people got taeks:

This is just what we've seen on social media, I can only imagine what other NSIC coaches are scribbling in their burn books behind closed doors.

Comment

Wow

Comment

I'm not sure why the person running that account finds that to be such good material. It's not exactly some stinging jab, or some big headline. It's the thought process of anyone with a brain, Augie fans or not, would think. But, if that's the big hype you need, go for it

Comment

The funniest thing about this to me is that the Vikes have not played a single game at the Pentagon this year and, I would assume, have not practiced there once this season. It's not like they've spent all season preparing for this tournament and it's finally going to pay off. But I'm sure that won't be enough to assuage anyone's concerns about biases and favoritism.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            I'm not sure why the person running that account finds that to be such good material. It's not exactly some stinging jab, or some big headline. It's the thought process of anyone with a brain, Augie fans or not, would think. But, if that's the big hype you need, go for it
            At the same time, if it's not a big deal, Sundance probably shouldn't have felt the need to delete the tweet after he posted it.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
              At the same time, if it's not a big deal, Sundance probably shouldn't have felt the need to delete the tweet after he posted it.
              All speculation, but I'm guessing he was told to, or the former player in him came out. I can't say. Same thing happened early in the year when a SMSU writer spoke to how "I Hate Winter" will never compete or match up or something to "Hawaiian Night". That tweet was passed around, built some energy and we had big crowds and incredibly big student section showing. I don't think he got any hateful messages, but I believe the tweet was deleted. Again, it wasn't that big of a deal, but some times things spread and make us a bit uncomfortable. It happens.

Comment

I personally don't really care where they play all that much, but is there some reason behind it or is it, hey we just decided to play at the Pentagon...ha

Comment

I personally don't really care where they play all that much, but is there some reason behind it or is it, hey we just decided to play at the Pentagon...ha
                  For sure the Arena is booked with the Sioux Empire Home Show. And the Vikes can't book it a year in advance with the expectation they'll be hosting a first-round game (as much as I and other Augie fans would love to think that will always be a safe bet).

As far as the Elmen Center goes, I'm not sure if it's booked, but it is crappy either way, so my guess is the Pentagon made more sense.

Plus, it provided a chance to bother Sundance Wicks apparently, so double bonus. ;)

Comment

For sure the Arena is booked with the Sioux Empire Home Show. And the Vikes can't book it a year in advance with the expectation they'll be hosting a first-round game (as much as I and other Augie fans would love to think that will always be a safe bet).

As far as the Elmen Center goes, I'm not sure if it's booked, but it is crappy either way, so my guess is the Pentagon made more sense.

Plus, it provided a chance to bother Sundance Wicks apparently, so double bonus. ;)
                    Gotcha...I'm out of the loop is the Sioux Falls arena gone? Seems like that'd be a bigger venue. Monahan from Mankato commented to Sundance something about a wedding, I'd assume making jokes or someone is getting married st the Elmen?

Comment

I would rather watch a game in the Pentagon that in Elmen. The seats are more comfortable.

Comment

Gotcha...I'm out of the loop is the Sioux Falls arena gone? Seems like that'd be a bigger venue. Monahan from Mankato commented to Sundance something about a wedding, I'd assume making jokes or someone is getting married st the Elmen?
                        Augie currently plays all regular season conference games in the Sioux Falls Arena. That's where the Wolves played the Vikes earlier this year. And that's where Augie would be playing this game normally if it weren't booked this week. It's where they played Crookston in last year's opening round NSIC Tourney game as well.

My guess is that Monaghan was making jokes. Unless the couple is getting married on a Wednesday night in February.

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        I would rather watch a game in the Pentagon that in Elmen. The seats are more comfortable.
                        You and a couple thousand boosters and alums (particularly the 70% percent or so of whom are seniors), I would assume.

Comment

You and a couple thousand boosters and alums (particularly the 70% percent or so of whom are seniors), I would assume.
                          The two best things about the Elmen were being on campus and having great ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                            The two best things about the Elmen were being on campus and having great ice cream.
                            I'm telling you, laker, I'm almost positive the ice cream people made their way over to the Arena too. Some other Augie fan will have to back me up on that one though before you 100% take my word for it.

As far as being on campus goes, it was fine and all, but attendance has increased since switching to the Arena, both for regular fans and students. Part of that is winning, but I also think part of that is the different atmosphere and benefits the Arena offers. I honestly can't see anything that being on campus offered the Vikes that the Arena doesn't do equally well or better. Like I said, even student attendance seems to be up this year compared to the last 2-3 years the Vikings were at the Elmen Center.

Plus, opposing teams don't shoot the lights out in the Arena like they did at the Elmen Center (which, based on a post I threw on here a season or two ago before it was lost in the tragic D2 Message Board history erasure, the stats support). That's one more reason I'm ok with the Vikes not playing this opening round game at the Elmen if the Elmen even was an option.

Comment

Interesting Sunny fact. Each school he has been a full time paid assistant at, the head coach has been fired.

Another interesting fact. The only person to be involved in the two losing seasons WSU has had over the past 20 years, Malvik.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X