Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSIC Scores, Final Standings and Tournament Brackets (2/18)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Scores, Final Standings and Tournament Brackets (2/18)

Originally posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Interesting Sunny fact. Each school he has been a full time paid assistant at, the head coach has been fired.

Another interesting fact. The only person to be involved in the two losing seasons WSU has had over the past 20 years, Malvik.
    Bored tonight? Ha I don't think that will be the case this go around and I'm pretty sure Sundance isn't going to be here that long unless he is just like Coach Meyer and appreciates d2 more than d1.

I'm guessing he'll be a d1 assistant again or keep going with his basketball Academy he was apart of.

Comment

I know there is much more that goes into defense than just this statistic, but I NEVER thought I'd see this:

SCORING DEFENSE G Pts Avg/G
      1. Minnesota State 22 1588 72.2

Comment

Interesting Sunny fact. Each school he has been a full time paid assistant at, the head coach has been fired.
        Really? All two of them? Patton wasn't fired from Colorado, but I don't know what Sunny's role was there. I assume you weren't counting it.

http://www.scout.com/college/colorad...ut-leaving-yet

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post
          Really? All two of them? Patton wasn't fired from Colorado, but I don't know what Sunny's role was there. I assume you weren't counting it.

However they worded it, Patton was fired at Colorado.

Comment

But I'm not sure I understand this front runner stuff. To each their own...

But the Wolves conference season was,

A loss by 1 to Moorhead, who we then beat by 1 the 2nd time we faced.

A to point loss to Mary, who we beat by 23 the 2nd time we faced.

A five point loss to Mankato, we haven't faced again.

A 14 point loss to Augie without Ian Smith and haven't faced again.

And a 4 point loss to Bemidji where the Wolves had probably the worst shooting performance of all time in Wachs arena. I certainly can't remember one...but we beat Bemidji by 27 the first go around.

If Ian can't go, then that is an obvious blow. However if he can, we all know about the Wolves fan base and how well they travel. So playing at the Pentagon won't be an issue. If the Wolves play well, they can beat anyone in this conference and that's not really up for debate.
            Last edited by NSU4LIFE; 02-21-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
              I know there is much more that goes into defense than just this statistic, but I NEVER thought I'd see this:

SCORING DEFENSE G Pts Avg/G
              1. Minnesota State 22 1588 72.2
              Not saying this necessarily about Mankato but sometimes good defensive numbers flow from a poor offense. Hold the ball deep into the shot clock. Don't get up and down. That sort of thing.

Comment

Another interesting fact. The only person to be involved in the two losing seasons WSU has had over the past 20 years, Malvik.
                You aint seen nothin yet. I'm seeing next year as an epic disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                  Without knowing the non conference schedule which I'm sure will consist of Stout, St. Mary's, Superior and some D3 out of Iowa to give them a chance at 4 wins to start the season. I do not see them winning 10 games for the entire season with what they have going.

Comment

Originally posted by wsufamily View Post
                    Without knowing the non conference schedule which I'm sure will consist of Stout, St. Mary's, Superior and some D3 out of Iowa to give them a chance at 4 wins to start the season. I do not see them winning 10 games for the entire season with what they have going.
                    Yes; I'm hard pressed to think of an NSIC program, other than maybe Concordia, that I would put them ahead of. Even Crookston is on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by ddwitte View Post

No I was counting that one as a firing they just didn't come out and say he was "fired". They respected Patton enough to let him go through his contract for the year and not renew. Which in my opinion is the same as getting fired. That 6-19 record was sure a good one though that final year and warranted him getting another opportunity at UNI which is finally crawling out of the gutter from the job they did over there as well.

Comment

Not saying this necessarily about Mankato but sometimes good defensive numbers flow from a poor offense. Hold the ball deep into the shot clock. Don't get up and down. That sort of thing.
                        I was surprised to see that statistic. I thought that the way that they failed to play defense against Winona in December was some of the worst defense that I've ever seen MSU play. The Warriors seemed to be able to do anything that they wanted to do. On the flip side, they did play solid against SCSU at home.

Comment

I can't see the coach surviving more than 1 more year. Just my 2 cents

Comment

Dapper is correct...Mankato was 5th in the NSIC with a 105.08 Defensive Rating (points allowed per 100 possessions). They did play with an average of 69 (nice) possessions per game, which was 11th or 12th in the league, so a slower pace aiding their top-ranked points per game allowed numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
                              Dapper is correct...Mankato was 5th in the NSIC with a 105.08 Defensive Rating (points allowed per 100 possessions). They did play with an average of 69 (nice) possessions per game, which was 11th or 12th in the league, so a slower pace aiding their top-ranked points per game allowed numbers.
                              nice

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
                                However they worded it, Patton was fired at Colorado.
                                It says he announced in October that he would not be seeking a contract extension. So, you are telling me they fired him before the season started?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X