Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNK's MBB coach resigns

Kevin Lofton Resigns as UNK Head Men’s Basketball Coach - https://lopers.com/news/2023/11/17/m...all-coach.aspx

At the end of last season, I thought he might be gone. So for him to be brought back this season only to resign after one game is strange to say the least.

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    Kevin Lofton Resigns as UNK Head Men’s Basketball Coach - https://lopers.com/news/2023/11/17/m...all-coach.aspx

At the end of last season, I thought he might be gone. So for him to be brought back this season only to resign after one game is strange to say the least.
    What a time to be a quitter, barring health circumstances of course

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Heard any reason as to why now?

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

Heard any reason as to why now?
        I haven't been able to locate any additional details.

Comment

Well the team wasn't distracted tonight as they outscored rival Chadron State 113-101.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

What a time to be a quitter, barring health circumstances of course
            That's a rough take. :/

I'd imagine there is more to this than him quitting. Many possibilities. Hopefully many people aren't having this same take on the matter.

Locals got any word? Local news?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

I'd imagine there is more to this than him quitting. Many possibilities. Hopefully many people aren't having this same take on the matter.

If I find anything out, I'll post an update.

Comment

Not sure what's so rough about it. Quitters suck, like I said unless there's some health issues that's a different story

Comment

Not sure what's so rough about it. Quitters suck, like I said unless there's some health issues that's a different story
                  Well, in a vacuum, sure, quitting is a bad look. Lofton has been at UNK for nearly 30 years though, so it isn't like he didn't give the place a chance :)

I'm sure there is a backstory, but who knows if it will ever be public, and that's fine. UNK is a sleeping giant though. They were always very good during the Kropp years, with Lofton as his assistant for much of that era. To say they haven't been as good recently is an understatement.. Looks like Antoine Young will get a shot for now, which would certainly help UNK recruit the talent-rich Omaha area.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post

Well, in a vacuum, sure, quitting is a bad look. Lofton has been at UNK for nearly 30 years though, so it isn't like he didn't give the place a chance :)

I'm sure there is a backstory, but who knows if it will ever be public, and that's fine. UNK is a sleeping giant though. They were always very good during the Kropp years, with Lofton as his assistant for much of that era. To say they haven't been as good recently is an understatement.. Looks like Antoine Young will get a shot for now, which would certainly help UNK recruit the talent-rich Omaha area.
                    Well said. I'm curious to see how Young does this year. I think the Lopers are an improved team this year with the new players they brought in, even if the preseason polls didn't reflect it. It seemed like the program had gotten stale under Lofton, so we'll see if Young is the right coach to get it back where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by cat fan View Post

So resign before the season, quitting in the first week of the year is bologna

Comment

You might be the only person who thinks he actually just decided to quit on this forum. Thats the rough take, calling him a quitter when thats probably not what happened...asked to resign is what the rest of us think is what happened, so what's the cause...

I don't think after 28 years and 1 week he just decided he was done with the place. He'd spent nearly half his life at UNK.

Comment

You might be the only person who thinks he actually just decided to quit on this forum. Thats the rough take, calling him a quitter when thats probably not what happened...asked to resign is what the rest of us think is what happened, so what's the cause...

I don't think after 28 years and 1 week he just decided he was done with the place. He'd spent nearly half his life at UNK.
                          Doesn't make much sense for a school to ask him to resign after a week of game either. So let's get the details and determine if the guys a quitter (which suck) or if the administration knows something we don't and forced him out. If it's the administration forcing him out for results after a week that's some garbage administration. If it's over something worse than that I'll fully rescind my quitters suck comment and replace it with whatever that guy deserves.
                          Last edited by zimmy21; 11-21-2023, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Doesn't make much sense for a school to ask him to resign after a week of game either. So let's get the details and determine if the guys a quitter (which suck) or if the administration knows something we don't and forced him out. If it's the administration forcing him out for results after a week that's some garbage administration. If it's over something worse than that I'll fully rescind my quitters suck comment and replace it with whatever that guy deserves.
                            Right. If you’re going to ask a guy to resign you should have your stuff together enough to do it at the end of last season.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post

Right. If you’re going to ask a guy to resign you should have your stuff together enough to do it at the end of last season.
                              Or before the season started. If his whole tenure was reliant on a hot start you may as well have just fired him in the spring/summer

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X