X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Central Region Rankings (2/22)

Overall Division II record followed by In-Region record

CENTRAL REGION (2/22)
    1. Northwest Missouri State (21-1, 20-1)
    2. Southwest Minnesota State (22-5, 22-5)
    3. Arkansas Tech (18-4, 18-4)
    4. Minnesota State-Moorhead (22-4, 22-4)
    5. Arkansas-Monticello (17-4, 17-4)
    6. Augustana (18-7, 18-7)
    7. East Central (19-7, 19-7)
    8. Northern State (20-7, 20-7)
    9. Upper Iowa (19-9, 17-9)
    10. Southern Nazarene (15-10, 15-10)

Re: Men's Central Region Rankings (2/22)

We're gathered here today to remember our departed brother, the MIAA mens basketball league. Would anyone care to share a few words?

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
      We're gathered here today to remember our departed brother, the MIAA mens basketball league. Would anyone care to share a few words?
      I'm thinking of a George Carlin skit that I'd share the YouTube of if I knew it would come with a suspension

Comment

We once reveled in the glory of a man named Kim, yet here we are, stuck in the Pitts. The promise of two teams seemed to be certain with the right-hand forearm strength of a man named Boschee, but what certainties are there in life that aren't just realistic dreams?

[Trumpet soloist plays Taps as a solemn student section faintly chants "just like football" *clap*clap*clapclapclap*]

RIP in peace, MIAA basketball. We hardly knew you.

Comment

Seems like it's Northwest Missouri against the world. Dang those GAC and NSIC conferences are good.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
            Seems like it's Northwest Missouri against the world. Dang those GAC and NSIC conferences are good.
            This reminds me, is Northwest Mo actually good? It's hard to say.
            Average margin of victory for NWMSU at home over an MIAA team: 17.111 points (repeating of course)
            Average margin of victory for NWMSU at home vs. an Augustana team which had played three games together: 11 points

Comment

I kind of said it last week, but those wins over Northern and East Central earlier in the season were clearly pretty big.

A little glad the Vikings aren't on the Upper Iowa side of the bracket. With the Peacocks having had their feathers ruffled with last weekend's loss to the Vikes and now dropping out of the top 8 in the rankings, I can see them coming into the NSIC Tourney with some fire in their bellies.

Comment

If you didn't prove in a 20+ games league schedule that you are the first second or third best team in your own league, why do you get a chance to prove you are best the entire region? This isn't the final selection of course, but I have to continue to whine that whoever proves themselves second best in the MIAA is somehow only the fifth best in the GAC or sixth best in the NSIC????

Comment

Originally posted by Guest69 View Post
                  Average margin of victory for NWMSU at home over an MIAA team: 17.111 points (repeating of course)
                  Average margin of victory for NWMSU at home vs. an Augustana team which had played three games together: 11 points
                  Northwest Missouri avg margin over Augie: 11.0
                  Northwest Missouri avg margin over MSSU: 2.3

Comment

If I would have other options at half of this years Augie/NW game I would have probably left. The game was over at that point and NW let off the gas the second half. Augie doesn't worry me like they have in the past two years. If you question whether NW is actually good, then I might have to agree--after all letting a middle tier Augie team get within 11 may be just enough support for your question.

Comment

Justin Pitts.

Comment

I'm not too disappointed with NW being the only MIAA team. Would rather play an out of conference foe in the regionals rather than an opponent who is familiar with NW, especially with only one or two day turnarounds. See you boys in Maryville. Better book your rooms now.

Comment

I want to see UIU get that 8th spot. I think that could be a good matchup and I'd like to avoid SMSU playing them as long as possible.

Comment

We once reveled in the glory of a man named Kim, yet here we are, stuck in the Pitts. The promise of two teams seemed to be certain with the right-hand forearm strength of a man named Boschee, but what certainties are there in life that aren't just realistic dreams?

[Trumpet soloist plays Taps as a solemn student section faintly chants "just like football" *clap*clap*clapclapclap*]

RIP in peace, MIAA basketball. We hardly knew you.
                            Honestly, shouldn't the NSIC be playing with the Cavs and Warriors?? Aren't they at that level? GAC is a notch below, hanging with the C's, Spurs, Rockets and Wizards. And, according to everyone on the ranking committee and this board especially, the MIAA is like a fourth grade girls YMCA league.

Got it.

Comment

The MIAA was down this year. I think most MIAA fans would agree on that.

NW is still the team to beat and has been all year. They lost to MSSU. So what? Proves nothing at this point. If anything, it was a good loss for the team. Takes the pressure off of a historical run in the MIAA. Now they can relax and focus on the rest of the season. This team is senior oriented and very experienced in tourney play. Add to that a home court that they defend very well and it's the NSIC and GAC that have to prove themselves. Not NW.
                              Last edited by CatFan88; 02-22-2017, 04:33 PM.
                              Go Hounds!
                              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                              Cyclone Power
                              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X