Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Men's Central Region Rankings (2/22)

Originally posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Ok. I understand name calling is permitted on these boards. I remember it wasn't permitted in grade school.
    Our rule in grade school was if you don't hear it, it didn't happen.

Comment

Ok. I understand name calling is permitted on these boards. I remember it wasn't permitted in grade school.
      No need calling in grade school?? That's quite the sheltered upbringing.

Comment

Until one of the four, I mean three, er, two NSIC teams remaining beats the Bearcats, I'm comfortable with my opinion.

Comment

Until one of the four, I mean three, er, two NSIC teams remaining beats the Bearcats, I'm comfortable with my opinion.
          As we all are....it's called a message board

Comment

NSIC = defending national champ. Thanks Augie.

Comment

So you're comfortable with saying that the No. 1 team in the country just needed overtime to beat a team that wouldn't be competitive with the top 10 of its own conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                March 11, 2017: NW-79, UIU-74
                Wow, you NSIC guys need to lighten up. You went back and pulled up my smart a$$ one liner but not the posts in other threads where I said it would be a much closer game this time around.

Where did the sense of humor go?

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                  Wow, you NSIC guys need to lighten up. You went back and pulled up my smart a$$ one liner but not the posts in other threads where I said it would be a much closer game this time around.

Donald Trump took it.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                    Still have it.

Friends and coworkers would tell you, I'm sarcastic most of the time. Online, it gets even worse.

Comment

• Re: Men's Central Region Rankings (2/22)

Originally posted by NSUguy View Post
                      Donald Trump took it.
                      I was actually going to make a Trump reference. It's scary you're thinking like me! Or me like you!? Haha

Comment

Still have it.

Friends and coworkers would tell you, I'm sarcastic most of the time. Online, it gets even worse.
                        I'm so sarcastic my wife still can't tell when I'm serious.

Comment

March 11, 2017: NW-79, UIU-74
                          UIU closed the gap by 30. Augie should do the same today and rout NWMSU, especially since the Bearcats can't play back-to-back days.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan View Post
                            UIU closed the gap by 30. Augie should do the same today and rout NWMSU, especially since the Bearcats can't play back-to-back days.
                            I'm more so curious on ECU and if they can come even close to that against SMSU

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan View Post
                              Normally, I wouldn't put much stock into that back-to-back theory, however, as I recall from last year's Elite Eight, Augie head coach Tom Billiter did cite the NSIC's Friday/Saturday conference scheduling format as a reason his team was battle tested, particularly in the regionals. That's not to say it won't be an impact in tonight's game, but I'm just throwing that out there.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                                Normally, I wouldn't put much stock into that back-to-back theory, however, as I recall from last year's Elite Eight, Augie head coach Tom Billiter did cite the NSIC's Friday/Saturday conference scheduling format as a reason his team was battle tested, particularly in the regionals. That's not to say it won't be an impact in tonight's game, but I'm just throwing that out there.
                                For most Augie fans, I think the bottom line is this: We all know it's going to be incredibly tough to overcome the overall talent of the Bearcats. There's a reason they're the #1 team in the country, even if they struggled a little bit against Upper Iowa last night. The hope is that the back-to-back nights thing might help the Vikings a little bit, but most of us don't expect it to be the reason the Bearcats lose. If the Bearcats lose, it will be because the Vikings played very well, and the Bearcats probably didn't play as well as they're capable of. But, it is at least one small factor in the overall process. But again, I think Northwest's overall talent neutralizes and most likely overcomes any advantage the Vikings have in terms of preparedness due to our conference schedule.

(That comment isn't directed at you, ctrabs, just the message board in general.)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X