Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Final NSIC All-Conference predictions?

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Gotcha. Just didn't want to give you any extra reason to go full NSU4LIFE on me with some sort of "Every Augie fan is the devil" mindset.
    That is my role, but I'm ok sharing it...thanks though, devil

Comment

Gotcha. Just didn't want to give you any extra reason to go full NSU4LIFE on me with some sort of "Every Augie fan is the devil" mindset.
      Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
      That is my role, but I'm ok sharing it...thanks though, devil
      Mr. Mr.?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
        Mr. Mr.?

You'd be surprised at how annoying it is to deal with a tail.

Comment

You'd be surprised at how annoying it is to deal with a tail.
          I'd have to get rid of my over 700 caps- I couldn't wear them with those horns!

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            I'd have to get rid of my over 700 caps- I couldn't wear them with those horns!
            And I knock over so much crap with my trident. It's like all the time I'm knocking something off the counter or off the end table or whatever. So frustrating.

(P.S. I definitely call it a trident and not a pitchfork. Pitchforks are so Midwest farmer, amiright?)

Comment

And I knock over so much crap with my trident. It's like all the time I'm knocking something off the counter or off the end table or whatever. So frustrating.

(P.S. I definitely call it a trident and not a pitchfork. Pitchforks are so Midwest farmer, amiright?)
              Yes, this is a trident with those barbs on the ends. Pitchforks don't have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                2003-04 Charles Hanks, Bemidji State 1st place
                2004-05 Matt Hammer, Northern State 3rd place
                2005-06 David Zellmann, Winona State 1st place
                2006-07 John Smith, Winona State (NABC DII Player of the Year) 1st place
                2007-08 John Smith, Winona State (DII Player of the Year) 1st place
                2008-09 Kevin Ratzsch, Northern State 7th place
                2009-10 Matt Schneck, St. Cloud State 2nd place
                2010-11 Anthony Moody, University of Mary 2nd place
                2011-12 James Ellisor, Bemidji State (Daktronics Player of the Year) 1st place
                2012-13 Clayton Vette, Winona State (NABC DII Player of the Year) 2nd place
                2013-14 Zach Monaghan, Minnesota State 1st place
                2014-15 Daniel Jansen, Augustana & Jordan Reiver, MSU Moorhead 1st place and 2nd place
                2015-16 Daniel Jansen, Augustana 1st place
                Good research. And exactly what I was thinking...the only guy who was able to overcome being outside the top 3 as far as team standing was Kevin Ratsch. So maybe fitting that the poor man's Ratzsch stuck it to Gage Davis this year. Also to my point all of the above terrified me whenever we would play against them...I just don't feel the same way about Lien. Now he could make me regret those words by going off for 30 in a regional matchup, but I don't fear him nearly as much as anyone on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
                  So what your saying is that the POY goes to the best player on the best team. Okay, then Lien deserved it.

Gage Davis was the best player in the league this year, He will be the best player in the league next year and he will be the best player in the league 2 years from now.
                  Certainly a fair debate.

Of all the players I saw in person this year -- most of them but not all, I'd rate the best players :

1. Spencer
                  2. Lien
                  3. Davis
                  4. Bruggeman
                  5. Doyle
                  6. Geubert
                  7. Jax

Those top 3 are in a little different class and you could put them in any order, but Davis refused to play defense in Marshall whereas the others on the list played on both ends. My observation. Davis is a great player though. Most talented by far.

In Marshall Aaron Lien was spectacular. in all facets. Doyle single handed destroyed us.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                    Biggest problem I have with this is that the North/South split is 9/1 on the first team and 3/7 on second team. Considering the quality of the two divisions, I think that's more likely to be reversed, or at least closer to 50/50.

I think Busack and Bruggeman have a strong chance at first team. Some other omissions from these lists include Jordan Hay and Carson Parker from UIU (no Peacocks) and maybe Adam Beyer. I'd probably drop in order from first team: Jefferson, Cleary, Doyle.
                    That spilt is not surprising. Moorhead and Northern were good and their players had good stats.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
                      That spilt is not surprising. Moorhead and Northern were good and their players had good stats.
                      Like I said, I expected it to be closer to 50/50. It was 6/4 on first team, much more in line with what I thought. The biggest questions I had on first team were maybe Rudolph and Jefferson, but didn't really get a good chance to watch them this year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X