Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Mark Emmert's Burner, I applaud your long well thought out post You're correct about the emergence pf AU freshman, I would also add So. Caden Hinker.
    Oh yeah, he definitely hurt my Dragons in the first half a few weeks ago. A physical low-post player with decent touch (he just fouls a lot, haha).

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

This is all fantastic, especially the Succession reference which I used recently to discuss Augie's resurgence.

One thing I noticed in learning more about Minot before tonight's game is the shooting disparity between Minot and their opponents. As you mentioned opponents are shooting under 33% on 3s vs the Red Beavers, some of the is likely defense and some of it is luck. When you pair that with opponents dismal FT shooting, SIXTY SIX percent, it makes me wonder if the WIDE OPEN SPACE of the Minot Dome is wreaking havoc on the depth perception of their opponents. They have an extremely unusual schedule given the departure of UIU so perhaps that is driving it since prior seasons do not show nearly this big of a gap.
      Augieholic, you're officially my #1 boy. :)

I think this point about the dome is really smart. Talking to some Dragons players of yesteryear, they said it can be hard to acclimate to a more open space behind the baskets like that, especially if the views behind their home gym's rims are more cramped. Maybe I'll spend some time looking into Minot opponents' shooting splits between games at the dome & elsewhere.

Comment

I know many who have played in the Minot done and virtually all say it’s one of the tougher places to shoot.

Did you partake in the Msum alumni festivities last Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post
          The space also permits Aeron Stevens to establish himself on the block, make a move or two, and earn some FTs. (The fact that he leads the NSIC with 6.0 FTA/G is so impressive for a freshman.)
          Already 8 FTs in the first half, with 4 minutes to go. Just living at the line this year!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X