Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite 8

Brackets just came out and NW gets the #2 seed and will play St. Thomas Aquinas. Obviously, I know nothing about them. Hopefully some fellow D2 posters can provide some insight.

Re: Elite 8

The 2 seed won it all last year.

A potential NW vs Lincoln Memorial semi final would be must watch theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
      Brackets just came out and NW gets the #2 seed and will play St. Thomas Aquinas. Obviously, I know nothing about them. Hopefully some fellow D2 posters can provide some insight.
      Guard heavy team with 5 players averaging double figures. Tallest player is 6'6 but minor contributor.

So, looking like they can create and shoot the rock. Several players from NY and DC.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post
        Guard heavy team with 5 players averaging double figures. Tallest player is 6'6 but minor contributor.

So, looking like they can create and shoot the rock. Several players from NY and DC.
        In watching the last half of their game today, they like to press and try to play fast. They look like a very good first round opponent.

Comment

How many Bearcat fans are coming up to The Falls?

I plan on being there for the first day- weather permitting.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I'll be there. Nw will be well represented as it will be spring break

Comment

Originally posted by 86Catillac View Post
              I'll be there. Nw will be well represented as it will be spring break
              I'll have some kind of MSU Maverick gear on. Just look for a guy who seems to be in a daze.

If I work this right, I can hire out to four different teams as a rent-a-fan. Last year at the women's Elite 8 the Bentley Falcon gave me a t-shirt to win during their win.

Comment

Men's Division II Elite Eight - Sioux Falls, South Dakota

all times Central

March 22
                #1 Fairmont State (32-2) - 12:00 p.m.
                #8 Rollins (24-10)

#4 Bellarmine (31-3) - 2:30 p.m.
                #5 Colorado School of Mines (30-4)

#2 Northwest Missouri State (32-1) - 6:00 p.m.
                #7 St. Thomas Aquinas (28-5)

#3 Lincoln Memorial (29-5) - 8:30 p.m.
                #6 Cal State-Chico (26-7)

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I'll be heading that way Tuesday!

Comment

4 in my group this year...Wife and I went to the '16 Regional and had a good time(other than the final score of the AU game). I booked a room at the Fairfield Inn months ago as soon as I found out where the '17 Elite 8 was located.

Comment

Last seasons NC game Lincoln Memorial lost to Augustana 90-81 due to getting in foul trouble, AU was 21- 27 on FT for 78% The Railsplitters were 9-18 for 50%. On New Years eve they beat Bellarmine 74-60, which is another favorite in the tourney. My pick for NC is Lincoln Memorial as they return and are ready to amend for their losing performance a year ago.

Comment

Granted, I only watched about 5 minutes (game minutes) of the St. Thomas game from yesterday, but I feel pretty good about that game. They full court press/trap but play terrible half court defense (the team they played wouldn't have even been in the Top 10 of the Central region from what I saw). They also had no half court offense. They have some good shooters as they were firing away immediately on steals and making them. We'll have plenty of time to prep for the press. They will get some turnovers and easy buckets but if we limit them then we will be fine. The Metro St. game from earlier in the year will come in handy when facing this team.

The best way to break a press is play great defense and not allow the team to score. Then they can't set up the press. NW plays very good D and should be able to do that. if we control the pace of the game then we should be fine. If we can't handle the press and play at a fast pace we will be in trouble. Even going back to high school, teams that press typically don't scare me. For the most part, they feast on bad teams but struggle with quality, disciplined teams. However, if they get it going on the press they can put up points in a hurry.

If we make it to the Final 4 it's a crapshoot either way so just run with it and hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                          Granted, I only watched about 5 minutes (game minutes) of the St. Thomas game from yesterday, but I feel pretty good about that game. They full court press/trap but play terrible half court defense (the team they played wouldn't have even been in the Top 10 of the Central region from what I saw). They also had no half court offense. They have some good shooters as they were firing away immediately on steals and making them. We'll have plenty of time to prep for the press. They will get some turnovers and easy buckets but if we limit them then we will be fine. The Metro St. game from earlier in the year will come in handy when facing this team.

The best way to break a press is play great defense and not allow the team to score. The they can't set up the press. NW plays very good D and should be able to do that. if we control the pace of the game then we should be fine. If we can't handle the press and play at a fast pace we will be in trouble. Going back to HS, teams that press typically don't scare me. For the most part, they feast on bad teams but struggle with quality, disciplined teams. However, if they get it going on the press they can put up points in a hurry.

If we make it to the Final 4 it's a crapshoot either way so just run with it and hope for the best.
                          This is why teams want to face a team that presses a lot (West Virginia and Arkansas types) in the first round of a tournament instead of the 2nd round. There is more time to plan for the press and be ready for it.
                          I watched most of the East Region Final and wasn't impressed with either team, but Justin Reeves for St. Thomas Aquinas is a good player. It'll be interesting to see how Ndow matches up with him.

Comment

Did anyone notice St. Thomas Aquinas avg. attendance. Quite interesting, guess people on the east coast have other things to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                              Did anyone notice St. Thomas Aquinas avg. attendance. Quite interesting, guess people on the east coast have other things to do!
                              Awful, only 89 people watched the East Regional Final.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X