Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elite 8

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
    Awful, only 89 people watched the East Regional Final.
    Why I love this region so much! People care!

Comment

Wasn't it played at 2:00 on a Wednesday afternoon after a snowstorm?

Comment

how is that even possible
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Most of that was due to the snow storm, but still, not very good.

Comment

Their total attendance for the year was under 4000!

Comment

Won't be easy for them to press Pitts haha

Comment

I was at another Elite 8 yesterday- the National JC men's D3 basketball one in Rochester MN. Anoka-Ramsey from the Twin Cities was the "host" team of a field that included Herkimer and Nassau from NY, Brookdale from NJ, Davidson County from NC, North Lake from TX, Mass Bay and Elgin, IL. The last had a 6'8 post named Homer Denson, who looked like James Harden, was 26 and had a degree from DePaul. Evidently he never played there but wanted to get some experience to play overseas according to their fans.

I'm looking forward to seeing D2 teams from across the country next week. I enjoy seeing different playing and coaching styles.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  I was at another Elite 8 yesterday- the National JC men's D3 basketball one in Rochester MN. Anoka-Ramsey from the Twin Cities was the "host" team of a field that included Herkimer and Nassau from NY, Brookdale from NJ, Davidson County from NC, North Lake from TX, Mass Bay and Elgin, IL. The last had a 6'8 post named Homer Denson, who looked like James Harden, was 26 and had a degree from DePaul. Evidently he never played there but wanted to get some experience to play overseas according to their fans.

I'm looking forward to seeing D2 teams from across the country next week. I enjoy seeing different playing and coaching styles.
                  The 8 game session during the NAIA Tournament in KC was fun growing up. But that was a different era. You could bring in a sack full of goodies, sit there all day and watch basketball in a half to 3/4 empty Kemper Arena. Best part besides seeing a bunch of basketball was my dad getting me out of school. NW hosting the regional reminded me of those days. The Saturday session was pretty fun for me just sitting there all day watching college basketball.
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                    The 8 game session during the NAIA Tournament in KC was fun growing up. But that was a different era. You could bring in a sack full of goodies, sit there all day and watch basketball in a half to 3/4 empty Kemper Arena. Best part besides seeing a bunch of basketball was my dad getting me out of school. NW hosting the regional reminded me of those days. The Saturday session was pretty fun for me just sitting there all day watching college basketball.
                    Our high school Coach was from Tarkio. He would take us down to KC for the NAIA National Tourney. Would spend the night at the Phillips Hotel. Great times and games. Those were really fun times. Would get to visit the "Follies" at least once while there.
                    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post
                      Our high school Coach was from Tarkio. He would take us down to KC for the NAIA National Tourney. Would spend the night at the Phillips Hotel. Great times and games. Those were really fun times. Would get to visit the "Follies" at least once while there.
                      they used to take our letterman's club to the NAIA every year at Municipal Auditorium and we wandered around too. In a certain establishment nearby after asking a few of the HS kids their age and everyone saying '18' the ticket taker just quit asking and took our money ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                        Did anyone notice St. Thomas Aquinas avg. attendance. Quite interesting, guess people on the east coast have other things to do!
                        Most of New York State did have other things to do ... like shoveling out from a major snowstorm, which resulted in the game being rescheduled to Wednesday afternoon at 2pm Eastern. It's hard to draw a lot of fans from a school in the outer suburbs of New York (St Thomas Aquinas, which is located in Rockland County) and Albany (St. Rose) to Syracuse (the East Regional was hosted by Le Moyne) when most of the major roads in the state are impassible.

Also, worth nothing, St. Thomas Aquinas comes out of the East Coast Conference, which is probably the third strongest of the three East Region conferences (behind the Northeast-10 and the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference; the NE-10 had six teams in the East Regional, but they're historically not known for getting out of the quarterfinal rounds of the Elite Eight).
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                          Most of New York State did have other things to do ... like shoveling out from a major snowstorm, which resulted in the game being rescheduled to Wednesday afternoon at 2pm Eastern. It's hard to draw a lot of fans from a school in the outer suburbs of New York (St Thomas Aquinas, which is located in Rockland County) and Albany (St. Rose) to Syracuse (the East Regional was hosted by Le Moyne) when most of the major roads in the state are impassible.

Also, worth nothing, St. Thomas Aquinas comes out of the East Coast Conference, which is probably the third strongest of the three East Region conferences (behind the Northeast-10 and the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference; the NE-10 had six teams in the East Regional, but they're historically not known for getting out of the quarterfinal rounds of the Elite Eight).
                          That's understandable but it doesn't explain the 200 average attendance at their other games for the year.

Comment

probl a commuter campus or something
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                              That's understandable but it doesn't explain the 200 average attendance at their other games for the year.
                              Division II sports don't get the same following in other parts of the country as they do here. The ECC conference leader in attendance averaged 277 per game. That's lower than every Central Region school. By comparison, here's the lowest attendance averages from each of our three conferences:

Central Oklahoma 411
                              Minnesota Crookston 386
                              Southern Arkansas 343

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Guess you missed part of my first sentence, especially where the word avg. was used!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X