Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Hard to say time will tell juco ll not very strong but he is pretty solid but not spectacular.

Comment

Bell named first team all American.

Comment

Just want to say Happy Easter to all of my beloved friends on the D2 Message Board. Go Salukis!

Comment

BTW, I support the US Military and all of it's service men and women in our armed forces. I hate the North Korean political administration and everything they did to my father in the Korean War, both mentally and physically.

May God Bless America!

Comment

Kentucky mavericks ceased operations

Comment

I thought the Boro was a basketball mecca!

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post

Comment

Yeah and some idiot thought he was going to have a HOCKEY team here...sheesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post

Tired of eating mutton. Just going to move to a diff boro. Goat meat for all 🐐

Comment

That entire league was/is losing money. It was a second attempt to have a semi-pro team in Owensboro. The Kentucky Bison was the first team not too many years back.

The Mavericks were not a priority for the Sportscenter. The renovations to the concession stand area were going on when the Mavericks were playing this season. The renovations are still ongoing as far as I know.

The Sportscenter should start booking more concerts/acts like they did in the past. There could be a real market for medium level country and rock concerts.

Comment

I doubt many acts would come to the Sportscenter as the facility probably can't handle the speakers and other things today's acts like to have as part of the show...that's the reason that Robert's stadium was tore down.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                      That entire league was/is losing money. It was a second attempt to have a semi-pro team in Owensboro. The Kentucky Bison was the first team not too many years back.

The Mavericks were not a priority for the Sportscenter. The renovations to the concession stand area were going on when the Mavericks were playing this season. The renovations are still ongoing as far as I know.

The Sportscenter should start booking more concerts/acts like they did in the past. There could be a real market for medium level country and rock concerts.

Comment

Recently I took my disabled cousin to the Journey concert at the Ford Center. Some of the reviews were horrible, and it had nothing to do with the band. The actual concert was great. Journey was inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame at the Barclays Center the following weekend.

The problem with the Ford Center is there are no floor level concessions when you actually set on the floor for a concert, and the concession lines were really long. There were a lot of complaints about the parking, and out of town people not being able to find a place to eat near the Ford Center, etc..

The Sportscenter should really do more to bring in entertainment acts. With a new concession area it could be a hit, and the parking is also more than adequate. The parking at the Ford Center is Horrible and that entire area is certainly not wheel chair friendly.

The Sportscenter is not an Arena Rock Center. It can comfortably seat 4,000 to 5,000 people especially with seating on the court floor when it is covered. I said Medium level concerts and acts.
                        Last edited by alumnifan; 04-18-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

The Sportscenter is under new management now, and they know how to handle events.

With four restaurants located at the entrance gates with the restrooms across the Hall, the new management knew exactly what needed to be done.

There is a demand for smaller concerts out there, and you do not have to set up huge speaker systems. Ask the folks at the Ryman in Nashville.

Comment

BTW, I paid $140 for two tickets in the ADA section for that Journey concert and we could barely see the performers. We couldn't even see the opening act, Asia, due to fact that the group had a low budget screen show.

Some floor seats cost up to $270. Now, Journey cleared at least $500,000 on that one concert, and the Ford Center cleared another $500,000 and both numbers are on the low side, IMO. That is how bands really make their money now, and that is how arenas and concert venues make big money.

There are all kinds of entertainment acts that Spectrum could bring in at the Owensboro Sportscenter. If and when they start doing that, the Sportscenter could easily transition to all single seat seating with the additional income. The Sportscenter could still seat 4,500 with floor seating, and Spectrum could renovate the other two restrooms on the opposite side.

The one hurdle that Spectrum will need to cross is alcohol sales at non basketball events.

Comment

I spent many a night being an usher for wrestling at the SC. Way below minim wage but allowed me to grab a burger or cheap chicken dinner.

I wanted to go to mavericks game in Columbus but the times were awful and against lots of good TV games.

Comment

The original name of the company that maanaged the Owensboro Convention Center was called Global Spectrum.

Now, I think it's called Spectra. So, Spectra now manages the Convention Center and the Sportscenter, I guess?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X