Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

I have to believe that our attendance numbers will not fluctuate that much this year. Watson has turned too many long time fans off.

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
    So far, USI's only had 3 home games this year. All three were during finals week/weekend. It's tough to get students there as it is, but only having 3 home games the first semester and only during finals week isn't really giving the students an opportunity to get in the habit of attending games.

I'm hoping that the students see we are now nationally ranked and undefeated and they will start attending when conference play starts up.
    We had 1095, 1102, and 767 reported as the total attendance for those three games.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
      I have to believe that our attendance numbers will not fluctuate that much this year. Watson has turned too many long time fans off.
      KWC always had better fan support than USI. No one showed up at USI games until Pearl started winning big. After he left, the program went south and so did their bandwagon fans.

Comment

Looking ahead, Michigan Tech at their place, even with them being a bit down compared to most years, is going to be a tough game. I'd say we're a slight favorite going in, but only slight. It's very possible we could drop that one.

Other than that ... Cedarville could challenge us ... and Davis & Elkins has the athleticism to challenge us if they put together their best game. As long as we focus every game and play as a team, though...there's a really good chance we could win out (after Michigan Tech, which I consider to be a bit of a toss up).

Comment

Lots of things that could hurt us against Mich tech but I think the team will be ready. The time with out class really helps us prepare.

Comment

I heard another D1 PG coming.

Comment

Totally agree with that statement...KWC used to travel well over here as well. Watson didn't just turn off bandwagon fans, he turned off a lot of long time fans as well.

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
              KWC always had better fan support than USI. No one showed up at USI games until Pearl started winning big. After he left, the program went south and so did their bandwagon fans.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideMafia View Post
                Totally agree with that statement...KWC used to travel well over here as well. Watson didn't just turn off bandwagon fans, he turned off a lot of long time fans as well.
                Our traveling fan base has been greatly reduced because this year marks the first year the Panther Express is no longer traveling to all of the away games. Billy O'Brien who has coordinated the Express for decades is in poor health and has not been able to do it this year. It's possible they will have it for a couple of the conference trips but I'm not sure. Mr. O'Brien is a wonderful man and has been sitting very near me at the games this year because he's not able to make it up the stairs to his usual seats anymore. I don't think you could find a more dedicated Panther fan, and it's sad to see he's not able to run the fan bus anymore because he got so much enjoyment out of it.

Comment

Amen very true. I hope the watch parties work. Some younger fans will drive but not the same as in the past. Gas prices, Hotel prices, Health, distance all have hurt but no reduction in love of this team.

Comment

I don't understand #1 how so many 3rd graders get access to this site and #2 why so many 3rd graders are USI fans.

Comment

They are not third graders. They are just full of self hate and the only thing that makes them feel normal is to put down a small religious school that is doing so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                        They are not third graders. They are just full of self hate and the only thing that makes them feel normal is to put down a small religious school that is doing so well.
                        Well, they act like 3rd graders, anyway. I have more to say but not going to bother.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                          I don't understand #1 how so many 3rd graders get access to this site and #2 why so many 3rd graders are USI fans.
                          And don't forget the troll from Drury who can't get any interest in his own school so he comes around KWC and USI when no one cares about Drury.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                            Our traveling fan base has been greatly reduced because this year marks the first year the Panther Express is no longer traveling to all of the away games. Billy O'Brien who has coordinated the Express for decades is in poor health and has not been able to do it this year. It's possible they will have it for a couple of the conference trips but I'm not sure. Mr. O'Brien is a wonderful man and has been sitting very near me at the games this year because he's not able to make it up the stairs to his usual seats anymore. I don't think you could find a more dedicated Panther fan, and it's sad to see he's not able to run the fan bus anymore because he got so much enjoyment out of it.
                            This is all true. Mr. O'Brien is a very good man and has done much for our program in terms of support through the years. Hope he gets better and they can get the Panther Express back to all away games. I think today's game at Michigan Tech would have been a stretch for the Panther Express regardless, that's a far trip north through ice and snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                              Bellarmine probably does better with student attendance than anybody else in the GLVC, but it still seems insufficient. The students come to the evening games, especially on the weekend, but just flat out do not come to afternoon games. Not really sure what they are doing at 3 on a Saturday afternoon, but it's not going to the game. With the geographical spreading out of the GLVC and the rule that says teams more than 200(?) miles away must play during the day, BU plays almost no evening weekend games when school is in session. I do expect BU's student attendance to rise dramatically come January. When the students are there, they really help give Bellarmine a decisive home court advantage.
                              This is the dumbest rule ever. If schools draw better at night, which almost all do, why does a conference force schools to play at day games? Don't tell me it's for them to go to class, thats a joke. Don't tell me it's safer, I"m a trucker and can tell you there are few accidents at night, most happen in broad daylight. It's actually much safer on the roads at night than in daylight because of all the idiots out in droves during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
                                This is all true. Mr. O'Brien is a very good man and has done much for our program in terms of support through the years. Hope he gets better and they can get the Panther Express back to all away games. I think today's game at Michigan Tech would have been a stretch for the Panther Express regardless, that's a far trip north through ice and snow.
                                Yeah, you're such a KWC fan that you don't even know their game at Michigan Tech is December 31, not today. Not that anyone is surprised, you've been wrong about everything else.

Go back to being Grady.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X