Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    Maybe the NCAA's emphasis on offense is starting to work. I know last year at this time it was mind boggling how many fouls were being called...but this year it hasn't seemed to be as bad. The NCAA's stance seems to be that they want teams to outscore each other rather than stop each other from scoring ... which I do agree makes it a little more exciting for the fans.

Yes the object of the game is to outscore each other. Has been since good ol' dr jimmy invented the game. Thanks for reminding us tho.

Comment

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Harris is a 4 star recruit. We know his athletic ability is high Division I. I feel positive now about the direction the winter sports program is going. Both men and women basketball teams are doing well, and they will have a good nucleus coming back next season. Happy said all along that the fan base and alumni need to be patient, and he said they would take a couple losses.. I think this year's team will be fine. They lost seven seniors last season and they all graduated.

The volleyball team appears to be recruiting a higher level of talent with their recently announced signings, and the Indoor Track and Field teams are putting up some impressive meet achievements. It looks like at least one from both teams will compete at the NCAA DII National Meet and both could do well. Wesleyan produced the latest G-MAC Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the week.

I think Kentucky Wesleyan will make the regional and whoever they play better be ready. This year's team will be very good in post season play if they stay healthy. I feel positive energy about the college at this point in the year. The best news that the college can get is a positive review from the SACSCOC during the winter break.
      Last edited by alumnifan; 12-09-2016, 05:28 PM.

Comment

BTW, I read the college's main website and the college does a very good job of maintaining both sites. It is the best I have seen for a college of their size. The quality is outstanding. The alumni has never had this much information accessible to them. The college is starting a new era in my opinion.

http://www.kwc.edu

Comment

• Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
          Harris is a 4 star recruit. We know his athletic ability is high Division I. I feel positive now about the direction the winter sports program is going. Both men and women basketball teams are doing well, and they will have a good nucleus coming back next season. Happy said all along that the fan base and alumni need to be patient, and he said they would take a couple losses.. I think this year's team will be fine. They lost seven seniors last season and they all graduated.

The volleyball team appears to be recruiting a higher level of talent with their recently announced signings, and the Indoor Track and Field teams are putting up some impressive meet achievements. It looks like at least one from both teams will compete at the NCAA DII National Meet and both could do well. Wesleyan produced the latest G-MAC Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the week.

I think Kentucky Wesleyan will make the regional and whoever they play better be ready. This year's team will be very good in post season play if they stay healthy. I feel positive energy about the college at this point in the year. The best news that the college can get is a positive review from the SACSCOC during the winter break.

Geez. Wining the gmac is really tough.

Comment

Wesleyan is a small, private, faith based, liberal arts college. The college personally recruits almost all students that attend. The educational model at Wesleyan has always been centrist. They teach their students how to think critically, while searching for the truth.

I'm getting old and I'm beginning to lack the energy, or desire to scream and be angry. It really takes years off your life.

Comment

KWC leads IL-Springfield 57-34 at halftime. Jordan Jacks with a double-double in the half with 13 pts 10 rebs.

Comment

Wesleyan 88 v. Simpsons 63

Jordan jacks was the impact player of the game. The video kept freezing up on me. Malek Harris needs several more games. I'm guessing Wesleyan could have beat the Simpsons worse than they did.

Comment

Yeah we took the foot off the gas with about 7 or 8 minutes to play or it would have been worse

Comment

Actually, from what I saw in the second half, Springfield was just trying to control the clock instead of cutting the lead. Happy wanted to play them hard. I think when he saw them throwing in the towel, he let his foot off the gas. It was fun to listen to Happy just tell the offense what to do from the bench. He coached this game well. The atmosphere should be good for the Christmas tournament. If Wesleyan can win that tournament in convincing fashion, they can make a statement. They really need to win it for several reasons.

Comment

I was not going to say anything but have been watching the USI game. Many of the calls made in today's game were bs. I think GLVC must be grading refs on offensive fouls and travels. What I have seen in non GLVC games is so much better. 25 free throws the first half for USI.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                        I was not going to say anything but have been watching the USI game. Many of the calls made in today's game were bs. I think GLVC must be grading refs on offensive fouls and travels. What I have seen in non GLVC games is so much better. 25 free throws the first half for USI.
                        You needed to be there as the refs could have called even more fouls; they swallowed their whistles too many times. USI played the first 15 minutes as if they disinterested; maybe tired legs from laying last night, but this start if repeated will lead to a loss!
                        Last edited by EagleWhip; 12-12-2016, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
                          You needed to be there as the refs could have called even more fouls; they swallowed their whistles too many times. USI played the first 15 minutes as if they we disinterested; maybe tired legs from laying last night, but this start if repeated will lead to a loss!
                          I agree, I've never seen a team foul so much...there's being aggressive then there's being stupid, they made a lot of away from the ball fouls, obvious moving screens, holding/grabbing jersey; I mean if you're going to do it at least don't do it right in front of the ref. I thought refs did an overall good job. USI just played smarter and that was the difference.

Comment

Wesleyan has hired a young lady as the new director of athletic communications. She previously worked at a NCAA division 3 program. It looks like a good hire because she has experience in digital media and live streaming.

Comment

I hope she is good. Lately I have seen too many mistakes in information sent to G-MAC and on the site.

Comment

Central State decides to non show up for tourney. Seems this conference does this often. If there is not a good reason we should not play them in the future.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X