Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Hippa is an individual medical right. An institution has to abide by that right if so desired. It is the most uncontrolled law in medicine and the most abused. Many athletic departments enforce it. There are plenty of precidents from NCAA athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
      I think u r wrong. Does not apply to colleges unless they deem their athletic training as a health org. Most universities do not. Some universities get scared in not reporting things but they do not have to withhold. Just from what I'm reading
      Wrong, HIPPA does not allow the disclosure of medical conditions. Individuals don't have the right to sign a wavier. Reporting a ACL tear and a surgery is a violation of federal law.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesleyan62 View Post
        Wrong, HIPPA does not allow the disclosure of medical conditions. Individuals don't have the right to sign a wavier. Reporting a ACL tear and a surgery is a violation of federal law.
        Obviously HIPAA disclosures can be authorized by individuals or the entire NFL injury report would be a violation.
        Last edited by Lawson; 02-21-2017, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson View Post
          Obviously HIPAA disclosures can be authorized by individuals or the entire NFL injury report would be a violation.
          Good point.

Comment

Can one 9 lead to another??

Comment

When is the last NABC poll for this season?

Has anyone heard anything solid about the status of Malek Harris?

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                When is the last NABC poll for this season?

Has anyone heard anything solid about the status of Malek Harris?
                I am wondering the same thing, surely there is something a buzz. Good game coming up, USI vs Bellarmine

Comment

Rodney and Scotty meet again. Bellarmine also has a new president from Loyola.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                    Rodney and Scotty meet again. Bellarmine also has a new president from Loyola.
                    Which Loyola? There's about 10 of them

Comment

Baltimore

Comment

HIPPAA aside, has anyone heard anything about Harris? Wonder if he is playing Saturday against TN? Also what about the unlikely scenario that we get beat in conference tourney, do we still get in?? Anybody thoughts

Comment

No idea on Harris. If we did get beat in the conf tourney I think it's up in the air whether we get in or not. If we were to lose AND nobody unexpected wins the GLIAC or GLVC tournaments then I think it's a tough sell to boot us out of the regional entirely...but if more than one team from the 8 already ranked had to be dropped, I have a feeling we would be one of them.

Comment

I think KWC is way ahead of 6-8. One loss is not going to knock them out, especially since 6-8 are likely to have an additional loss themselves.

Comment

Hippa law aside, the athletic department could give a status update on Harris as to whether he will play anymore this season.

Comment

No sense worrying about it. He will either play or he won't. Nothing any of us on this message board can change any of that.

Having seen him in street clothes last game he wasn't on crutches or wheel chair so I don't think he's hurt TOO bad. But again, we have to play the game with or without him so getting the heebie jeebies over it isn't going to do anyone any good.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X