Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    Well, I thought we would win and we did, but it sure was a nail biter at the end. Malone has a dangerous team, lots of quickness and had the home floor and they took advantage. Give KWC a lot of credit for coming back late. Says a lot about the players resolve to win. Happy pushed the right buttons at the end, move on with another win. KWC has not lost in calendar year 2017, very few teams can say that.
    You're being really kind. Our 3 point defense was horrible. Our 3 point shooting was horrible, and the game is never won until the final horn ends. Happy didn't see that game coming last night

At this point in the college basketball season the players are getting tired, but I'm telling everyone that this team needs to have a POW WOW with Chief Happy. It's hard to be a championship team, and you have to play as one great TEAM. He better start pushing those buttons in practice. This team doesn't need to be wore out in practice every day. They just need to go at it during the entire practice, and support one another and love one another.

Comment

KWC 119 - Oakland City 70
      Final

The last time KWC beat OCU this season at their place, OCU had won 10 straight games.

I liked the way Wesleyan played this game in ever facet.

Comment

Wondered if KWC ever scored more points in a half than the first today. Team work was there all game. I didn't know OCU had won 14 games going in. The Malone game woke up the KWC players, what's the home win streak at now? Complete effort by KWC and looking like the national contender in all respects.

Comment

A good crowd was at the game today. This was a Junior Achievement promotional game. The local JA program is headed up by KWC alum Dan Douglas. We went to college together and majored in the same area of studies. He's a great guy.

Comment

The doubleheader win against Ohio State- Lima was critical for OCU to get to their 14 wins.

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
            Wondered if KWC ever scored more points in a half than the first today. Team work was there all game. I didn't know OCU had won 14 games going in. The Malone game woke up the KWC players, what's the home win streak at now? Complete effort by KWC and looking like the national contender in all respects.

Comment

OCU actually runs a pretty efficient offense and has guys that can score. You can see why are successful against teams with similar talent levels.

Comment

It would be very hard for a D2 coach to stomach a D2 loss like the one OCU took at the Sportscenter. Believe it or not, it could have been worse.

I felt sorry for Mike Sandifar, because he looked extremely humiliated, and most of all he looked sick because his players were humiliated.

I have no idea where OCU stands as an institution. I know they could stand some changes in the athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                  It would be very hard for a D2 coach to stomach a D2 loss like the one OCU took at the Sportscenter. Believe it or not, it could have been worse.

I felt sorry for Mike Sandifar, because he looked extremely humiliated, and most of all he looked sick because his players were humiliated.

I have no idea where OCU stands as an institution. I know they could stand some changes in the athletic department.
                  Mike must have footage of the pres doing something. He IS the athletic dept. won't let any sport play a D2 qualifying schedule. Feel bad for t ray. He could have a nice baseball program but ol
                  Dictator Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post

Sandifar wasn't even there, he's still recovering from his heart attack and subsequent triple bypass. His top assistant has been in charge for the last 3 weeks or so, and coached both games against us. Also, OCU lists an enrollment of over 2000 so they must not be doing TOO bad as an institution.

Comment

We have been winning games due to our individual talent....yesterday we won due to our team play. Team play on both ends. If we continue to improve it is going to be a very interesting NCAA tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                        We have been winning games due to our individual talent....yesterday we won due to our team play. Team play on both ends. If we continue to improve it is going to be a very interesting NCAA tourney.
                        You've been winning games due to poor competition. That's all. You say you won yesterday against Oakland city due to your TEAM play... that's hilarious. Please, it's ocu enough said!!!! If you're going to boast about wins at least do it against respectful competition. You don't see USI boasting about winning against bluefield st.
                        Last edited by glvcpro; 02-05-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

You don't see USI boasting about anything you're too busy whining about how terrible 21-2 is

Comment

Bluefield State lost in a squeaker against OCU. Same Bluefield team that we beat 122-59, the same Bluefield that wouldn't win most intramural leagues. This schedule K Dub plays is as bad as it gets. Will yet again cost them big time in the tourney when they finally play a team that is credible.

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                            You've been winning games due to poor competition. That's all. You say you won yesterday against Oakland city due to your TEAM play... that's hilarious. Please, it's ocu enough said!!!! If you're going to boast about wins at least do it against respectful competition. You don't see USI boasting about winning against bluefield st.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                              Sandifar wasn't even there, he's still recovering from his heart attack and subsequent triple bypass. His top assistant has been in charge for the last 3 weeks or so, and coached both games against us. Also, OCU lists an enrollment of over 2000 so they must not be doing TOO bad as an institution.
                              I never really paid much attention to what their coach looked like before. I haven't seen OCU play in awhile. My bad. Hope he has a complete recovery.

However, OCU only has 120 students attending the OCU main campus. Their Wikipedia page will show you that with citations. I guess the other 2,000 students are all online. Alot of their students are adults who take a couple classes at their satellite campuses.

120 traditional students on campus. Obviously, they are all athletes.

Comment

The college has rolled out a brand new athletic website in conjunction with Sidearm and Learfield.

It is definitely different. Change takes a little time to get used to.
                                Last edited by alumnifan; 02-06-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X