Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    He does know the program. He is a long time fan. He's probably more fun to hang out with than the guy in the plaid jacket. Still, I'm not sure Wesleyan will leave the G-MAC to go back to the GLVC.
    Thanks for the support. I want to win the regional on GLVC court but trust me if we continue to dominate the GMAC they will leave us.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
      He does know the program. He is a long time fan. He's probably more fun to hang out with than the guy in the plaid jacket. Still, I'm not sure Wesleyan will leave the G-MAC to go back to the GLVC.
      I did not say he is not fun, but for you to take a shot at my old buddy Jim of the plaid jacket fame and his 38 years of being a KWC season ticket holder is cruel. Jim is one of the best friends KWC sports will ever find. Lets leave him out of this, even if it is good natured discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesleyan62 View Post
        Not a fan of the program! How dare you sir. I have seen every Championship team play.
        I've seen all but one of the KWC championship teams and I personally knew Richard Scharf back in the day when the GLVC formed. And I will tell you 1,000 fans in this day and age when people can sit home and watch live stats or the game on a computer have hurt every school's attendance. Now KWC drew more than 3,000 a couple of weeks ago. I remember back in the 2008 season when we only drew about 400 to a game against LMU. We were in the GLVC then, but fans left because of the GLVC witch hunt.

Comment

We drew well in the 70's, really. If you consider 5000 to 1000 drawing well you must de delusional. Today 1000 is great.
          Look at USI, they only draw about 600 a game. Indianapolis averages about 300 a game. Those two GLVC schools would be overjoyed with 1,000. And KWC is drawing better in recent weeks, winning consistently does that for a fan base. Yes we won last year but people were still skeptical. I think everyone is on board with Happy's system and this group is fun to watch. They are a legit national title contender. Yes, the GMAC is not great. But neither is the GLVC.

Comment

Well I have seen the entire show. You are mistaken about how Jones was treated aftered our schedule regressed. My Dad was a founding member of the GLVC and he and Jones saved our program by fixing the schedule. What we have now will not last. These teams cannot compet and will abbond the confrence. What then?
            How was Bob Jones treated? That makes no sense. He had some very bad teams in the 1970s, several with losing records and had to be let go. It wasn't our schedule, it was his inability to recruit.

Comment

As soon as KWC fired Bob Jones, recruiting picked up and we ended up with Rod Drake and Dwight Higgs. Pollio wanted to recruit, he took the program back to championship level.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
                Look at USI, they only draw about 600 a game.
                Not sure where you got that number from, but we have averaged over double that this season. Try 1476 average. Capacity of 2500, puts us at 59%

Comment

I'm not criticizing Jim. I'm criticizing his jacket. It's time for Jim to get a new jacket. Look, we're all probably going to be ghosts in the Sportscenter some day. If I were Jim, I would get a 2.0 jacket. Heck, Adidas should get him a specially made jacket

And, if you think I'm cruel, you should blame it on Mike Pollio. He's the one that brought it up first. My goodness gracious!

Comment

I would rather be in the GLVC.....but it's not going to happen, so I try not to think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
                      I did not say he is not fun, but for you to take a shot at my old buddy Jim of the plaid jacket fame and his 38 years of being a KWC season ticket holder is cruel. Jim is one of the best friends KWC sports will ever find. Lets leave him out of this, even if it is good natured discussion.
                      When did he change his name to Jim from Kenny?

Comment

I can not believe there are so many KWC people that support the GLVC. Short memory and are missing out on enjoying the G-MAC. Are kids are so much happier in the G-MAC. GLVC deserves to fall apart..it will not but only due to state, tax payer, money.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                          I can not believe there are so many KWC people that support the GLVC. Short memory and are missing out on enjoying the G-MAC. Are kids are so much happier in the G-MAC. GLVC deserves to fall apart..it will not but only due to state, tax payer, money.
                          OMG..ha ha. Did you mean "Our". I'm also curious how you know the kids are happier now in the G-MAC compared to the kids that participated in the GLVC??? Did you send them all questionnaires?

Comment

lol

Comment

I bet the athletes are happier because now they can compete for conference championships...outside of men's basketball none of the other teams could get very far from the cellar.

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post

Comment

Yep that is part of it but mostly the way they are treated by the other schools and the conference. The schools are very much alike as are the kids they even like praying before and after games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X