Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    I couldn't believe the body language from an official in that game today. I have not been to a game, but I can live stream them. When Trevecca turned the ball over, he exlimpified sheer disgust.

You might not believe what I am going to say. Wesleyan has to take the high road. I personally do not want to respond to criticism anymore. I'm just to old to waste my energy on it any longer.

We'll see where Trevecca will go from here. Really, if we are going to embrace the current purpose of the Wesleyan Way, we have to rise above it. It doesn't matter what people think about you. Your character is everything. John Wooden embraced that philosophy.

It is almost as if I had an epiphany.

I thought Wesleyan did what they had to do. Bart Darrell has got this.

Foster played really well. A lot of teams hate us especially this season because times are changing at Kentucky Wesleyan. What Bart Darrell and the Board of Trustees has done for the college as a whole is amazing.
    I agree with you. KWC stays focused on what needs to be done, the road to number 9 in there for the taking.

Comment

Trevecca is nowhere near as good as they were last year. I certainly don't think they are better than Indy, at least not today's Indy. The Indy from the first month of the season maybe.

Trevecca came out today playing "physical" basketball. And by physical I mean basically dirty. It caught us off guard and took us the best part of the first half to start responding with physical play of our own. We had multiple guys dropped by dirty fouls going for layups or dunks. One dumped onto his head being undercut going for a rebound and one sent to the hospital to get stitches in the top of his head.

Comment

Oh and neither the stitches or undercut were called fouls. Just pitiful

Comment

Which player had to go get stitches? I didn't link up Joel, I just went back and forth from live stream and live stats.

The administration will take care of this. I realize last season was tough, but Trevecca needs to be called out on this one. Didn't Time Warner televise this game?
          Last edited by alumnifan; 01-29-2017, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Derksen.

Comment

Thank goodness for our balance. I think the TNU players decided that they would not allow dunks or even put backs. Their is a difference between hard fouls and under cutting players by jumping sideways. The G-MAC had better get hold of the refs right now and correct.

It is easy ,human nature, to get down on a great team getting dunk after dunk and winning by 30 points but it is the refs and the G-MAC admin to make sure no one gets hurt worst.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                One person (by far the most negative person on the board) has called rajala soft. He's one of the best on our team. As for Indy, they are a fantastic team who had a rough start to the year due to a new team. Just like your story for KWC getting better.
                He maybe one of the best on the team but he's still soft serve. I think back to prior competition he would instantly melt against. Lee Roy John, Milosh Pujo, Antonio Garcia, Albert Richardson, Marshall Sanders, Cliff Clinton, to name a few.

Comment

In my book Antonio Garcia was the best post player ever at KWC, hands down

Comment

no doubt and his pro career proves it

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                      I think Sam Smith was the best big man in KWC history, and he played in the ABA for 5 years. Antonio was great, but Smith was a 2-time All-American and was super athletic. Antonio used his body very well, rebounded like no one else could. But I think Smith was a great one, granted that was 50 years ago.

Comment

It's a toss up. The truth about Garica was the rebounding and his ability to beat the press. If Ray was having trouble with the press, Wesleyan inbounded the ball to Garica and he brought it up the floor and handed it to a guard. Special.
                        Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
                        I think Sam Smith was the best big man in KWC history, and he played in the ABA for 5 years. Antonio was great, but Smith was a 2-time All-American and was super athletic. Antonio used his body very well, rebounded like no one else could. But I think Smith was a great one, granted that was 50 years ago.

Comment

Probably THE best post player in GLVC history...he and Dana Williams made an awesome 1-2 punch! I hated when they came to the PAC!

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post

Comment

I read a story today that said St. Joe's from the GLVC is probably shutting down because of money problems. Said they need like a hundred million to stay open. What a powerful league the GLVC is. Not.

Comment

Here is the story about St. Joe's shutting down.
                              http://www.jconline.com/story/news/c...woes/97083100/

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
                                I read a story today that said St. Joe's from the GLVC is probably shutting down because of money problems. Said they need like a hundred million to stay open. What a powerful league the GLVC is. Not.
                                Recall that it wasn't long ago that KWC had similar stories being run. I believe the town of Rensselaer will somehow come together over it. This has nothing to do with the GLVC, btw.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X