Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

KWC was up by as much as 34 in the second half and took the foot off the gas. Had we kept up the intensity we could have won this game by 50. D&E has some guys that are athletic, and they do have pretty good size overall, but their guards are weak. I was starting to feel a little sorry for #0 as he was no match whatsoever for Foster. AB won as well, so Saturday we can take sole possession of 1st in the league. If we play like we did tonight it'll be smooth sailing, but we'd better not come out flat because AB is well coached and will make us pay if we do.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
      KWC was up by as much as 34 in the second half and took the foot off the gas. Had we kept up the intensity we could have won this game by 50. D&E has some guys that are athletic, and they do have pretty good size overall, but their guards are weak. I was starting to feel a little sorry for #0 as he was no match whatsoever for Foster. AB won as well, so Saturday we can take sole possession of 1st in the league. If we play like we did tonight it'll be smooth sailing, but we'd better not come out flat because AB is well coached and will make us pay if we do.
      All truth. KWC rolled in this one. AB up next for the league lead. KWC is starting to become a unit, everyone understands their roles. Going to be a lot of fun to watch this team get better as the tournament arrives.

Comment

Anyone hear when the Sports center or if the dates for the HS regional is and if it affects KWC hosting times for the conference tournament?

Comment

They'll work out the tournament dates. They always have.

They played hard, but their shooting percentages were lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            They'll work out the tournament dates. They always have.

They played hard, but their shooting percentages were lacking.
            Had to like the way KWC controlled the inside and dominated their guards. Jacks and Bosley continue to be the guard combo most teams can not handle. If Harris and Vigilance are effective in the paint, it makes Jacks and Bosley hard to defend because you can't leave our big guys, in fact you need to double down on Harris.

Comment

Happy did pull back in the second half against D & E. Foster's play is good. He knows what he's doing at the point now. He can also slash and drive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looked like Happy went big to open the game. Derksen started and I thought he played hard and played good defense.

The attendance was over 1,600 last night. Both the men and women's games will be televised Saturday night on a delayed basis. So, the local Time Warner crew will be there. They already televised the Malone game, and I think it helped the attendance last night. That AB game will be well attended.

Harris is looking good. The KWC team is getting better, but those early losses humbled the team and they have not lost since. I never got upset over those losses. Happy lost a lot of experience.

Bosley looked really good. I really like the way he is squaring up on his 3 ball.
              Last edited by alumnifan; 01-22-2017, 03:25 AM.

Comment

If they are going to win a lot of games before the season is over as you said....they better hurry the heck up as they only have 8 games left. And they currently have a glowing record of 8-10.

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
                I give D&E credit, they will win a lot of games before this season is over. KWC did a good job on Bracey-Davis. I don't know how many points he finished with, but Harris and Vigilance won the war inside.

Comment

I am looking forward to today's game. It is being played before the UK game. That could help the attendance. If you live in the local Time Warner channel zone, you can see a replay tonight. A lot of people pick up those games by channel surfing. The replay tonight will be after the UK game. That's a good time slot. I always enjoyed public promotional thinking.

Comment

KWC dominating AB and will claim sole possession of the league lead. Have to think the Panthers are one of the most improved teams since the start of season, rotation now set and everyone playing well. KWC up by 30 points right now coasting to a big win.

Comment

Final - KWC 96 v. AB 58
                      @ Sportscenter

Comment

Sam Williams was the Impact Player of the game with 29 points.

Comment

After seeing the way KWC went through the past two opponents, we have to feel pretty confident about hosting the league tournament. And I don't see anyone beating us in the Sport center the way we're playing.

Comment

Sam Williams was the Impact Player of the game with 29 points.
                            KWC not only talented but deep. Happy is pushing all the right buttons and keeping everyone with adequate playing time. I still want Harris and Vigilance on the court as much as possible at the same time, makes it impossible to guard Bosley and Jacks.

Comment

Attendance at the AB game today was 3,206.

Wesleyan shot close to 57 percent from the field. They also improved their FT percentage.

I'm impressed. This KWC team today played like a D2 Final Four team. 41 wins in a row at home.

They didn't play to the crowd or try to dunk the ball. They just played good basketball.

The box score on the KWC site was wrong last I checked. I went to the AB site to get the correct box score.

Really nice attendance today. That Time Warner game at 9 pm tonight should help. That's really a big reason why Coach Pollio was able to build crowds in the early 80's. Channel 2 reached fewer people than Time Warner. Time Warner is a regional channel in Kentucky. I know it airs in Henderson.

Comment

Attendance at the AB game today was 3,206.

Wesleyan shot close to 57 percent from the field. They also improved their FT percentage.

I'm impressed. This KWC team today played like a D2 Final Four team. 41 wins in a row at home.

They didn't play to the crowd or try to dunk the ball. They just played good basketball.

The box score on the KWC site was wrong last I checked. I went to the AB site to get the correct box score.

Really nice attendance today. That Time Warner game at 9 pm tonight should help. That's really a big reason why Coach Pollio was able to build crowds in the early 80's. Channel 2 reached fewer people than Time Warner. Time Warner is a regional channel in Kentucky. I know it airs in Henderson.
                                Agree totally, almunifan. I wasn't sure how many were there, but you could tell it was the biggest crowd of the season. I think those fans will be back again after seeing the product today. This is reminding me of the late 90s and early 2000s when KWC was unbeatable in the Sports Center. Happy has this team rolling.

Coach Pollio also had some great Ky. high school players like Higgs and Drake in the early 80s who made the fans want to be a part of the KWC crowds. I think Bosley is fitting that role nicely now.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X