Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

I think theres a hundred percent chance KWC wins tonight and Saturday vs Oakland City. The way KWC is playing now as opposed to the 1st time against Malone gives KWC a bigger edge. The Oakland City game could be a 50 point win or more if Happy wants it to be. His substitution pattern is really working and these two games should give him more chances to see different lineups.

Comment

Anyone can beat anyone this time of year...as long as our guys believe that and don't overlook ANYONE we should be just fine.

Comment

I agree, don't think Happy is going to let the players look past anyway. Very focused right now and the rotations are working great. They also know if they win out this regional thing could work out in KWC's favor. I don't see them overlooking any team.

Comment

Has any one heard what the GMAC conference tournament schedule all be like for times? If the Sports center is having the 3rd Region HS tournament could be some date conflicts, not sure if they would adjust times differently than last year.

Comment

The times won't be determined until the host site is set. I tried to find dates for the 3rd region tourney but all I could find is that it is "hosted" by Whitesville Trinity this year, at the Owensboro Sportscenter. They did not list dates.

Comment

What is it they say about counting ones chickens?

Comment

Whew...

Comment

KWC survives through an 11-0 run to close the game's last 1:30, to win 88-84

D&E and AB were both gracious enough to lose tonight, giving us a 2 game lead over #2 in the league, and 3 games over #3

Comment

KWC 88 - Malone 84 Final

I think the Panthers needed this type of game. It's also that time of year when players are really getting tired of the bus rides and classes. The seniors have to step up and lead. Ken-jah did.

It's a wake up call.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                      KWC 88 - Malone 84 Final

I think the Panthers needed this type of game. It's also that time of year when players are really getting tired of the bus rides and classes. The seniors have to step up and lead. Ken-jah did.

It's a wake up call.
                      Since AB lost tonight I ALMOST wish we'd have lost this one. That would be a much bigger wake-up call. It's like Happy said - are we going to learn from winning? It's a lot easier to learn from a loss than it is a close win. But, fact is, we're 7-0 in conference, 19-2 overall, and up 2 in the league standings which has us just about locked in to host the conf tourney. As ABjo reminded, we shouldn't count our chickens, but it's going to be really hard for anyone to catch up to us now.

**Edit - before I'm called a moron - I don't ever truly want to see us lose, but it absolutely can help you in the long run**

Comment

I want to see the full box score. Malek Harris was the Impact Player of the game.

Hats off to Malone. This is a program that is going to get better. Wesleyan has a huge target on their heads. Winners win, but there is no excuse for KWC to put themselves in this position.

Comment

Sam Williams in the last 1:40 was ridiculous. He basically won the game for us single handedly. Scored 7 of the 11-0 run we had to end it, and I'm pretty sure he got 1 or 2 assists during that run, too.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                            Since AB lost tonight I ALMOST wish we'd have lost this one. That would be a much bigger wake-up call. It's like Happy said - are we going to learn from winning? It's a lot easier to learn from a loss than it is a close win. But, fact is, we're 7-0 in conference, 19-2 overall, and up 2 in the league standings which has us just about locked in to host the conf tourney. As ABjo reminded, we shouldn't count our chickens, but it's going to be really hard for anyone to catch up to us now.

**Edit - before I'm called a moron - I don't ever truly want to see us lose, but it absolutely can help you in the long run**
                            You lose this one and lose in gmac tourney = no ncaa

Comment

There is no such thing as a good loss, especially like the one Wesleyan could have taken tonight. The team decided they would win the game late after Happy called that timeout. Williams and Harris are winners.

Losing this game would not have helped this Wesleyan team.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                                Sam Williams in the last 1:40 was ridiculous. He basically won the game for us single handedly. Scored 7 of the 11-0 run we had to end it, and I'm pretty sure he got 1 or 2 assists during that run, too.
                                Well, I thought we would win and we did, but it sure was a nail biter at the end. Malone has a dangerous team, lots of quickness and had the home floor and they took advantage. Give KWC a lot of credit for coming back late. Says a lot about the players resolve to win. Happy pushed the right buttons at the end, move on with another win. KWC has not lost in calendar year 2017, very few teams can say that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X