Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

I went to game, hard to measure their progress because Ohio Valley is awful. Brescia could beat them. Why didn't Harris play?? We really need him to make a run.

Comment

Jordan Jacks triple double. 18 pts 10 reb 10 asst.

Comment

Harris had ice on his knee during the game. I'm assuming he has a minor injury and they didn't want to risk making it worse in a game like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
          Harris had ice on his knee during the game. I'm assuming he has a minor injury and they didn't want to risk making it worse in a game like this one.
          That 87 team was loaded. One of my favorite inside players was on that team and he wasn't very big, Sam Smith

Comment

I guess it is clear to some on here that we need to get rid of Happy. He has already lost two games and he is a little too old and a little too fat. let's be like the USI bunch and knock him as he keeps winning game after game. "That we team we beat is no good" "We should have won by more" "They hit threes too often"

Well I for one will not read your crap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
              I guess it is clear to some on here that we need to get rid of Happy. He has already lost two games and he is a little too old and a little too fat. let's be like the USI bunch and knock him as he keeps winning game after game. "That we team we beat is no good" "We should have won by more" "They hit threes too often"

Well I for one will not read your crap!!!
              We'll said!

Comment

• Goat meat for all 🐐#dubstyle

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                  If it was Worth, he is in jail? Who was he referring to??
                  No, that's not who he was waiting on. I think it is great KWC has done well this season.

You can criticize me. However, if the team can cut down on turnovers and play better perimeter defense - it would serve this team well in the Regional, given they win the Conference tournament (which I think they will).

The competition level will exponentially increase in the regional. I hope they get to the semi at least. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                    No, that's not who he was waiting on. I think it is great KWC has done well this season.

You can criticize me. However, if the team can cut down on turnovers and play better perimeter defense - it would serve this team well in the Regional, given they win the Conference tournament (which I think they will).

The competition level will exponentially increase in the regional. I hope they get to the semi at least. We'll see.
                    I agree, better perimeter defense would serve them well going forward. I would love to see them make a deep run in tournament. Happy has done a nice job with this group. It's no criticism of team to say their conference is weak this year, because it's something they cannot control. It's thin skinned not to be able to discuss pro and con of your team in an open forum, right??

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
                      Goat meat for all #dubstyle
                      You are underestimating Wesleyan. "see you at the yard meat".

Comment

I like what Happy has done. I hope he is very successful and coaches as long as he wants at KWC. So, I am not an enemy of Coach Osborne.

Wesleyan as a whole is fortunate right now. The entire college has stability. Now, I will cut to the chase. Happy is going to stay as long as he wants if he wins.

Nobody chased Todd Lee or Dave away. They were in cahoots with each other on their leaving, and it was all financially driven. I was really upset at the time. I had nothing to do with Todd Lee leaving. I did criticize his NCAA record and him just casually watch the KWC team play their final GLVC game with lithargy. That team couldn't buy a three pointer against Parkside at the Ford Center.

I have no clue about the athletic finances at Wesleyan. I see them improving, but that really has everything to do with the college administration.

Todd Lee was on the cusp of really winning big, but the college was not in good enough shape for him to make a run. Happy could use some more money for the program and himself. One NCAA win is what he needs this season, then things will lighten up next season when the expansion is in place. I will also say the G-MAC was a good start for Happy, and it has been difficult getting fans in the seats due to the change in conferences.

Happy is no lock to retire at KWC. I hope he does, but nothing in college basketball is guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                          I like what Happy has done. I hope he is very successful and coaches as long as he wants at KWC. So, I am not an enemy of Coach Osborne.

Wesleyan as a whole is fortunate right now. The entire college has stability. Now, I will cut to the chase. Happy is going to stay as long as he wants if he wins.

Nobody chased Todd Lee or Dave away. They were in cahoots with each other on their leaving, and it was all financially driven. I was really upset at the time. I had nothing to do with Todd Lee leaving. I did criticize his NCAA record and him just casually watch the KWC team play their final GLVC game with lithargy. That team couldn't buy a three pointer against Parkside at the Ford Center.

I have no clue about the athletic finances at Wesleyan. I see them improving, but that really has everything to do with the college administration.

Todd Lee was on the cusp of really winning big, but the college was not in good enough shape for him to make a run. Happy could use some more money for the program and himself. One NCAA win is what he needs this season, then things will lighten up next season when the expansion is in place. I will also say the G-MAC was a good start for Happy, and it has been difficult getting fans in the seats due to the change in conferences.

Happy is no lock to retire at KWC. I hope he does, but nothing in college basketball is guaranteed.
                          Why is the game so early today? I would think it would hurt attendance

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                            Why is the game so early today? I would think it would hurt attendance
                            I can only speculate and you're right, it will hurt attendance. It's going to be an ugly game anyway. People are going to come out afterwards saying we didn't play good D and we gave up too many points, etc etc. It's a game that we can't afford to lose, obviously, and we could probably still win if we played 3 on 5, but I think it's going to be a game where nobody plays a ton of minutes and we work on some things we don't necessarily do all the time like different kinds of zones and new offensive plays, etc, to tune up for the post season. I expect we'll be playing it almost like a scrimmage.

If you'll recall, last time we played Salem their Spaniard that had scored something like 9 points total in their first 6 games of the season was launching international pro range 3's and scored 26. Salem is a team that can score points, but the real question is will we just go out and try to outscore them or will we use it as an opportunity to really focus on lock-down defense?

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                              I can only speculate and you're right, it will hurt attendance. It's going to be an ugly game anyway. People are going to come out afterwards saying we didn't play good D and we gave up too many points, etc etc. It's a game that we can't afford to lose, obviously, and we could probably still win if we played 3 on 5, but I think it's going to be a game where nobody plays a ton of minutes and we work on some things we don't necessarily do all the time like different kinds of zones and new offensive plays, etc, to tune up for the post season. I expect we'll be playing it almost like a scrimmage.

If you'll recall, last time we played Salem their Spaniard that had scored something like 9 points total in their first 6 games of the season was launching international pro range 3's and scored 26. Salem is a team that can score points, but the real question is will we just go out and try to outscore them or will we use it as an opportunity to really focus on lock-down defense?
                              So I wonder of the teams ranked a head of us in region, did any lose a game last week?

Comment

The only team in the top 8 that lost a game was Wisconsin-Parkside. They went 1-1. Lake Superior (10) beat Wayne State (9) 90-47 as well. So there's really no reason to expect anyone to pass us, nor any reason to expect us to pass anyone either. We should be pretty well locked in at #4 for now. In all likelihood there will be little to no movement in the top 8 beyond maybe Parkside dropping 1 spot and Quincy moving up ahead of them, and expect Wayne to drop out of the top 10 and someone new coming in at #10, possibly Ashland or Indy. BUT both of them took losses this week, too, so Wayne and LSSU may stay 9 & 10 and just swap spots.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X