Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    It was 3,200 for the longest time. Then they converted some bleachers to chair-back seats, which reduced capacity to 2,600. Then then converted the rest of the seating, and, like my man Stalker said, it's only 2,200 or so now.

I hate those bloody columns too.
    Even if it was built in the 50's one would still think it was a bad design to have any seats behind structural beams. Honestly below the beam area is quite nice but its terrible upstairs and a shame that many people will not be able to see.

I am sure the Bellarmine posters know the answer but why has it not been changed. Its a shame to have such a good basketball program to have a gym like that.

Comment

Does anyone have info about getting tickets. Most other host have info on their web site Bell says season tickets holders can get tickets Monday and Tuesday. I am wondering if there is something not good happening.

thanks

Comment

AD Mallory says they are supposed to have a conference call regarding ticket allotments tomorrow late morning.

Comment

Thanks He has to manage this or we will get....

Comment

Walter Lee sees what I see. A very good team worth a shooters chance. You can't win it if you are not in it. http://www.14news.com/story/34680652...ampionship-run

Comment

Yep..just need most everyone to play as they van each game. I say most everyone due to strong bench. Two three point shooters and three rebounders each game and we will be fine.

Comment

How many tickets do you think we will get? 200 and then the other schools will turn in the unsold tickets and they will go to Knights fans. I only have one thing to say. Win baby, just win.

Comment

Somebody has been deleting posts again. A certain, uhh, poster drops the hammer on KWC, I respond with a rational post and then..... presto....Both posts disappear. The poster whose been hating on KWC all of a sudden becomes a staunch supporter of KWC - horse crap!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther Express View Post
                    Just looking through the season statistics for Quincy some things stood out. They are a very unselfish team who shoot an unbelievable FG% for playing a GLVC schedule. Only Bellarmine had as many assists per game as them. They are a well skilled offensively orientated squad. They aren't a great 3 point shooting team (but I'm more worried as a KWC fan about good 3 point shooting teams because we tend to give up a bunch of threes against better teams). Quincy is really good with their perimeter defense (def. 3 pt %), but we may shoot less threes than any team in the region.

I'm a KWC fan so obviously I'm looking at flaws we could exploit though. The things which stood out to me is offensive rebounding and turnovers. For a top team in the region and with a good frontline it was odd to me that they give up more offensive rebounds on the year than their opponents get. They get a lot of defensive rebounds but still under +4 margin per game. We are normally a good rebounding team so we could take advantage with more possesions in connection with the next point I'll make. The very biggest key to me for KWC's benefit is Quincy is very turnover prone. They are next to last in the GLVC in turnovers per game. KWC overplays the passing lanes in their man to man which leaves them out of position sometimes defensively, so they rely on creating turnovers. If Quincy doesn't take care of the ball it will be a big advantage for KWC.

An example would be the USI game. Points off turnovers were 17-10 for USI and second chance points were 12-2 for USI. In a close game they could have won at home Quincy had 15 less FG attempts than USI.

Quincy does send their opponents to the line a decent amount for a top team and KWC is very adept at getting to the line so if we have a FT advantage it could tip the scales in a close game too.

Just some of my analysis but as everyone has said before, KWC is a wild card in the region who could prove themselves or be a product of their schedule as some of the contrarians have screamed about. I just look forward to tipping off on Saturday because even I as a KWC fan want to find out these answers.
                    Are you schizophrenic or what?
                    This screen name has been berating Wesleyan. Now, you are a real fan and post positive remarks. My response about the character of a troll was deleted in response to your statement about the meat in the yard. Either this feat was accomplished by a mod, or somebody hacked the site.
                    Last edited by alumnifan; 03-07-2017, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                      Yes.

Comment

?

This is getting annoying, Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                          This screen name has been berating Wesleyan. Now, you are a real fan and post positive remarks. My response about the character of a troll was deleted in response to your statement about the meat in the yard. Either this feat was accomplished by a mod, or somebody hacked the site.
                          If you look at the screen names, the poster you replied to (as did I) is PantherExpress ... the poster you are currently yelling at is Panther Express ... i.e. with a space between the r and E. They are two different screen names.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                            If you look at the screen names, the poster you replied to (as did I) is PantherExpress ... the poster you are currently yelling at is Panther Express ... i.e. with a space between the r and E. They are two different screen names.
                            I fell for it at first too and then noticed the space. Just put the one with no space on ignore and your problem goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                              I fell for it at first too and then noticed the space. Just put the one with no space on ignore and your problem goes away.
                              The one with the space that appears to be an actual KWC fan also has the KWC avatar whereas the punk USI poser does not.

Comment

• Kenny Bos-Jah

Master of Goat Meat 🐐

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X