Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

I want to thanks the GLVC for lowering KWC in the region. This will give Happy all he needs to keep them hungry and understanding more about how jealous the GLVC is about KWC. Oh yes GLIAC welcome to our world.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
      I want to thanks the GLVC for lowering KWC in the region. This will give Happy all he needs to keep them hungry and understanding more about how jealous the GLVC is about KWC. Oh yes GLIAC welcome to our world.
      As I noted on the other thread, you can see the direction it's heading, right? Findlay will bump back up to 5 and move us down to 6, which very well may setup a 1st round matchup between KWC and USI. If that happens it will be VERY interesting. I don't know if we can beat USI in the first round. Well, let me rephrase that to say I don't know if we WOULD beat them...I know we CAN but that's a different story altogether. It would all come down to which USI team shows up and which KWC team shows up.

I actually think we would have a better chance to beat them in the second round or finals if we were to make it that far and cross paths at one of those points. I kind of expect us to have the jitters in the first round. The question will be how quickly we can overcome that. No matter who we play, if we don't shake them loose until mid-way through the second half (like we did the first time against USI) then we're screwed. We can afford to come out flat for the first 10 minutes of the game, but not much more than that. One thing we do have going for us is our leaders have been there before, last year at UW-P. Most of our guys haven't, though, and I think that's going to hurt us a bit.
      Last edited by kwcpantherfan; 03-02-2017, 10:18 AM. Reason: I loathe typos

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
        As I noted on the other thread, you can see the direction it's heading, right? Findlay will bump back up to 5 and move us down to 6, which very well may setup a 1st round matchup between KWC and USI. If that happens it will be VERY interesting. I don't know if we can beat USI in the first round. Well, let me rephrase that to say I don't know if we WOULD beat them...I know we CAN but that's a different story altogether. It would all come down to which USI team shows up and which KWC team shows up.

I actually think we would have a better chance to beat them in the second round or finals if we were to make it that far and cross paths at one of those points. I kind of expect us to have the jitters in the first round. The question will be how quickly we can overcome that. No matter who we play, if we don't shake them lose until mid-way through the second half (like we did the first time against USI) then we're screwed. We can afford to come out flat for the first 10 minutes of the game, but not much more than that. One thing we do have going for us is our leaders have been there before, last year at UW-P. Most of our guys haven't, though, and I think that's going to hurt us a bit.
        It look like they want us in the 6 slot and they know USI is a lock at at the 3 slot. Anyone who don't think that is a set up by this committee is not thinking clearly. I don't mind it if we play them in Louisville. Neutral court will give KWC a good edge.

Comment

Originally posted by KWCfanther1988 View Post
          It look like they want us in the 6 slot and they know USI is a lock at at the 3 slot. Anyone who don't think that is a set up by this committee is not thinking clearly. I don't mind it if we play them in Louisville. Neutral court will give KWC a good edge.
          Can someone please give me
          a logical explanation why Quincy is ranked ahead of KWC in latest regional rankings? It makes zero sense. I do think if KWC ever wants to get back respect from regional rankings they need to win the region and strengthen the conference. Who is joining next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
            Can someone please give me
            a logical explanation why Quincy is ranked ahead of KWC in latest regional rankings? It makes zero sense. I do think if KWC ever wants to get back respect from regional rankings they need to win the region and strengthen the conference. Who is joining next year?
            Quincy's OW% is significantly higher than KWC's (KWC 38.3%, QU 47.9%) and they have also gotten more wins against ranked teams (KWC 2-2, QU 3-4). Losses against ranked teams don't hurt as much as wins over ranked teams strengthen you.

That's my best "logical explanation".

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
              Quincy's OW% is significantly higher than KWC's (KWC 38.3%, QU 47.9%) and they have also gotten more wins against ranked teams (KWC 2-2, QU 3-4). Losses against ranked teams don't hurt as much as wins over ranked teams strengthen you.

That's my best "logical explanation".
              Thank you for explanation, but I know they didn't do everything u stated since last ranking, last week. Hopefully it's a nice motivator for KWC

Comment

Thank you for explanation, but I know they didn't do everything u stated since last ranking, last week. Hopefully it's a nice motivator for KWC
                If you are simply looking at results since the last ranking (games from 2/20 thru 2/26), QU definitely had the upper hand as they defeated a regionally ranked Truman (21-8) team on the road while KWC beat Salem International (2-24) at home and Trevecca (8-21) on the road. Salem and Trevecca combine for only 10 wins on the season...less than half the wins as Truman has. While KWC didn't lose any games, their wins were to be expected and frankly, Quincy's was quite impressive.

Comment

If you are simply looking at results since the last ranking (games from 2/20 thru 2/26), QU definitely had the upper hand as they defeated a regionally ranked Truman (21-8) team on the road while KWC beat Salem International (2-24) at home and Trevecca (8-21) on the road. Salem and Trevecca combine for only 10 wins on the season...less than half the wins as Truman has. While KWC didn't lose any games, their wins were to be expected and frankly, Quincy's was quite impressive.
                  Thank again, I see your logic, I guess, although KWC beat them as well, but at home [truman]. Also didn't they lose to Missouri St Louis?? Let's see how they do in tournament, they should place 3rd in theory

Comment

Thank again, I see your logic, I guess, although KWC beat them as well, but at home [truman]. Also didn't they lose to Missouri St Louis?? Let's see how they do in tournament, they should place 3rd in theory

Comment

USI lost, guess the regional committee will move USI up to No. 1 with their twisted logic. USI is a choke job every year. KWC will be happy to play them in the first regional game!

Comment

Originally posted by KWCfanther1988 View Post
                        USI lost, guess the regional committee will move USI up to No. 1 with their twisted logic. USI is a choke job every year. KWC will be happy to play them in the first regional game!
                        Ha probably, and let us not forget playing in Evansville, in the opening round

Comment

I think the USI loss should drop them below KWC and Findlay if Findlay wins one more game. I can't see how the poll can keep USI ahead of KWC if we win the G-MAC which we will.

Comment

Ha probably, and let us not forget playing in Evansville, in the opening round
                            USI is a joke and same story every year. You are right they were playing in their home town and still lose. Committee twisted logic will probably put Truman ahead of KWC even though we beat them.

Comment

The crowd looked sparse to me

Comment

The crowd looked sparse to me
                                Was there 500 people there? I don't think anyone over there cares about USI.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X