Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Farris still has a shot at hosting. Bell is in a must win Thursday. GLIAC & GLVC tourney could be interesting.

Comment

Looks like Harris is not playing. I heard sick. I heard ice on knee. Soon I will hear off the court issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
        Looks like Harris is not playing. I heard sick. I heard ice on knee. Soon I will hear off the court issues.
        Yea something is up with Harris, we have to have him for a deep run in tourney . We get small real quick with him out, Vigilance foul trouble. They list Sam Williams 6-8, he maybe is 6-6

Comment

Sam Williams is at least 6'7". Wesleyan is just destroying Salem International. I am concerned about Harris. Listen to the post game. He does not need to be playing. He looks a little under the weather. He's on the bench in street clothes.

Comment

Wesleyan sets school record with 70 point win. How many more times do you think that program will drive to Owensboro?

Comment

Originally posted by Wesleyan62 View Post
              Wesleyan sets school record with 70 point win. How many more times do you think that program will drive to Owensboro?
              I asked Roy Pickerell and he said it isn't a school record, but the record book on the athletic website said 125 was the previous record so I don't know why that is. I trust Pick more than the computer, oddly enough, but regardless, a 70 point win is pretty nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                I asked Roy Pickerell and he said it isn't a school record, but the record book on the athletic website said 125 was the previous record so I don't know why that is. I trust Pick more than the computer, oddly enough, but regardless, a 70 point win is pretty nice to see.
                Joel said we beat Indiana Wesleyan 67 pts in 1997. Those guys have had a very long season.

Comment

Joel said we beat Indiana Wesleyan 67 pts in 1997. Those guys have had a very long season.
                  I agree. Feel bad for them but at the same time they played hard the whole game so kudos for that.

As for the records, Pick said 79 was the highest point spread in history, and that 138 was the record for points scored. The record book published on the KWC site doesn't match that, so I honestly don't know. It's all immaterial at this point, it's time to move on to beating Trevecca and making a run deep in the postseason.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                    Sam Williams is at least 6'7". Wesleyan is just destroying Salem International. I am concerned about Harris. Listen to the post game. He does not need to be playing. He looks a little under the weather. He's on the bench in street clothes.
                    I did not hear post game show, was Harris brought up at all??

Comment

The team won by 79 points, I believe, in 1997. That's the record Roy was talking about. As far as total points scored, I'm not sure. 134 points scored in one game and winning by 70 is still crazy. It is the type of basketball they need to play. You can't slack up in a game like this. It does a team no good.

Derksen left the game because he had a muscle cramp, and the staff just pulled him. Malek Harris is injured and there was no need to play him today, I think. Joel asked about Harris, but the staff only answered the question in relation to Derksen. Harris was on the bench without a brace or crutches. It could be touch and go with Harris?

Comment

Very odd about Harris, he is the elephant in the room. If if were minor, why not say it's a sprain etc

Comment

I just looked it up. 127 to 48 over Indiana Wesleyan in 97. You are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                            Very odd about Harris, he is the elephant in the room. If if were minor, why not say it's a sprain etc
                            HIPPA makes that against the law.

Comment

That is a good point. If Malek Harris didn't want health status released, then it could apply. Happy was not at the mic. Coach Willie Watson was interviewed after Mike Vigilance. KWC had 34 assists today and played good defense. That is a Very Positive take away from this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wesleyan62 View Post

I think u r wrong. Does not apply to colleges unless they deem their athletic training as a health org. Most universities do not. Some universities get scared in not reporting things but they do not have to withhold. Just from what I'm reading

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X