Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Will Ken-jah Bosley break George Tinsley's record on Thursday or Saturday?

Comment

That will put him at fourth All-time scorer. Can he get to third?

Comment

Originally posted by Wesleyan62 View Post
        Maybe, maybe not. If we win our opener watcher out. I hope it is at your place. I want to win a regional on the road.
        Regional rankings come out tomorrow, I will be disappointed with anything lower than 4th, anybody else's thoughts??

Comment

I doubt we get as much respect as we think we deserve. I do think we'll be ranked...but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say something like 6 or 7.

If I had to guess I would say:

1. Bellarmine
          2. USI
          3. Ferris St.
          4. Quincy
          5. Wisc-Parkside
          6. Findlay
          7. KWC
          8. Truman St.
          9. Lake Superior St
          10. Indy

This is not MY ranking, mind you...just what I expect from the committee.

Comment

I seriously doubt you'll be anywhere but 4th. After all, you are nationally ranked this season.

Comment

We were ranked #10 in the nation last year when we were seeded at #8 in the region.

Comment

I say 4th puts us in the Regional final. This is a very good Wesleyan Team.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                  Will Ken-jah Bosley break George Tinsley's record on Thursday or Saturday?
                  Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                  That will put him at fourth All-time scorer. Can he get to third?
                  Well, he needs 26 to break, 25 to tie. Obviously he could do it Thursday but I think it more likely to be Saturday. I think you're going to see the Jordan Jacks show Thursday. I'm not sure WHY I think that, it's just a gut instinct.

As for getting to 3rd, current 3rd place is none other than "King" Kelly Coleman with 2077. If you figure Ken-Jah is averaging about 18 ppg this season, if he keeps that pace through the regular season he would enter the G-MAC tourney with 2061. First game in the G-MAC tourney would put him at 2079. Again, assuming hitting exactly 18 ppg in that span.

After that, Dwight Higgs is 2nd all time with 2228 points. So Ken-Jah would need just over 13 more games at his average this season to reach that. Even figuring a run to the national title game KWC would play a maximum of 12, I think - 4 regular season, 2 G-MAC, 3 regional, 3 elite 8. So that being the case, Ken-Jah has a very realistic shot at landing at #3 all time in scoring in the KWC record book. If he were to go on an absolute tear averaging 23 or 24 points per game and lead us to the national title he could land at #2, but obviously that's a big stretch. Not impossible, but highly improbable, especially seeing as the parity of our current team means we don't need him to score big points every game to win.

Just for the sake of completeness, our top all time scorer is Corey Crowder with 2282 points. In the scenario mentioned above, if Ken-Jah were to average 24.5 points per game for another 12 games (again, all the way to the title game) he would hit 2283!

Comment

I'm going to make a couple predictions.

1. Bosley takes the third spot from Mr. Coleman.

2. KWC plays Bellarmine in the regional semifinals @ Bell.

Comment

4th sounds correct I would really like 3th in the end

Comment

With the #1 seed hosting, I think most teams would be better off being the 6th seed than the 4th seed. I would just prefer to stay out of the host's bracket. Ultimately, you have to beat some good teams to win the region, so I'm not sure it really matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                          With the #1 seed hosting, I think most teams would be better off being the 6th seed than the 4th seed. I would just prefer to stay out of the host's bracket. Ultimately, you have to beat some good teams to win the region, so I'm not sure it really matters.
                          I'd prefer it if you guys stay out of the host's bracket as well :)

Comment

Did you ever consider that KWC can screw up the whole bracket by intentionally losing in their conference tourney? There is no way that they still would not qualify for the tournament and they could get another one of their conference teams in.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                              Did you ever consider that KWC can screw up the whole bracket by intentionally losing in their conference tourney? There is no way that they still would not qualify for the tournament and they could get another one of their conference teams in.
                              I would almost guarantee you if KWC loses in the G-MAC tourney we will be left out.

Comment

That's your KWC paranoia talking. My suggestion was only a joke, but the only way KWC is out if they lose in their conf tournament is if the committee actually thought they lost on purpose. The added loss would not even have that significant effect on their PI compared to the other teams (almost all of which will have suffered a loss in their conf. tourney.) There is very little chance we will get an answer on the question, because KWC will win their tournament, but I for one would say they got screwed if a conf. tourney loss kept them out of the NCAA (assuming they win the rest of their other games).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X