Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    So you're not behind the curtain deciding who wins and loses based on your numbers? And here I was wondering why you would make Bellarmine beat USI when USI clearly has the higher PI. :-P
    Instead of worrying about his charts, I think this is the guy who keeps saying he's a part of the USI band and they don't have a drummer, maybe he needs to get out and scout for a guy who can beat the drums.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
      Instead of worrying about his charts, I think this is the guy who keeps saying he's a part of the USI band and they don't have a drummer, maybe he needs to get out and scout for a guy who can beat the drums.
      He is the same guy and everyone else on here appreciates the stats he compiles and puts up in his free time - and he's about the only USI fan on here that is level headed and fair minded, so there's really no reason for you to try to bully him.

Comment

He is the same guy and everyone else on here appreciates the stats he compiles and puts up in his free time - and he's about the only USI fan on here that is level headed and fair minded, so there's really no reason for you to try to bully him.
        I was just joking.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
          Realistically, I don't see either BU or USI losing more than 2 the rest of the way, and Parkside losing 3. So Parkside will be 24-4, USI 25-3 and BU 23-5. If USI and BU beat Parkside this weekend, it may well come down to who wins the last game between them. I should also mention that Ferris St. still has a shot but the way the GLIAC beats up on each other I am not sure they could go with 3 or less losses the rest of the way.
          Fair point about Ferris, and while you're right that the GLIAC beats each other up pretty bad, they don't have an overly tough schedule left either. They play Saginaw Valley who is in a free fall for some reason having lost 4 in a row, and they have to play Lake Superior yet, but the others they have left are teams that SHOULDN'T beat them...naturally that doesn't mean they won't.

Comment

Backs up my points, those charts don't mean anything as far as who wins or loses.
            What exactly was your point? I stated that USI is highly unlikely to lose more than 5 games, and you go an a rant about how I'm wrong because my "charts" can't predict anything, as if that's related to what I'm talking about at all.

For the record, I've actually found TWO student drummers to sit in with us this Thursday with the help of my network of musician friends in the area. Thanks for your concern, though.

Thank you, sir, for the kind words.

Comment

I was just joking.
              Welcome to 2017, where "I was just joking" is an excuse to be an asshat to everybody you see on the internet while hiding behind an anonymous screenname.

And before you get on me for being anonymous myself, anybody with reasonable social media skills should be able to figure out EXACTLY who I am based on my screenname here.

Comment

Are charts a reflection of the past but maybe not the future???

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                  Welcome to 2017, where "I was just joking" is an excuse to be an asshat to everybody you see on the internet while hiding behind an anonymous screenname.

And before you get on me for being anonymous myself, anybody with reasonable social media skills should be able to figure out EXACTLY who I am based on my screenname here.
                  You USI people take things way too serious. Meanwhile your own people just rip your coach to shreds with personal attacks an you say nothing to them behind their screen names?

Comment

You USI people take things way too serious. Meanwhile your own people just rip your coach to shreds with personal attacks an you say nothing to them behind their screen names?
                    I've learned not to get entangled in their misery. I've tried to fight that battle before to no avail. They have many valid points, but also many overstated/exaggerated points. That's a lot different though than you coming on here looking to start a fight with me and every other USI poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                      The joke's on you, there is no math behind them and I just randomly generate numbers for the teams I like. [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                        Yeah, best way to describe the charts. They don't include a lot of valuable information on variables. If Team X is missing its best players due to illness or a family emergency, these charts are not going to help you know who will win the game.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                          I've learned not to get entangled in their misery. I've tried to fight that battle before to no avail. They have many valid points, but also many overstated/exaggerated points. That's a lot different though than you coming on here looking to start a fight with me and every other USI poster.
                          I'll ignore your posts then.

Comment

Yeah, best way to describe the charts. They don't include a lot of valuable information on variables. If Team X is missing its best players due to illness or a family emergency, these charts are not going to help you know who will win the game.
                            Explain how that's any different than the NABC poll, D2SIDA poll, Massey Rankings, Wilson Rankings, or Bennett Rankings.
                            The first two are done by coaches who don't really know anything about the teams in question, and the other three are just an algorithm set up just like the PI system. Different variables, but none factor in things you mentioned.

Again, I'm not sure what your point is. Nobody here has made a claim that any system can accurately predict the outcome of a game.

Comment

I'll ignore your posts then.
                              I'm trying to have a decent conversation with anybody willing to politely talk. If that's not your thing, I'd wholeheartedly appreciate if you put me on "ignore".

Comment

Good lord, you are the trolliest of trolls. I'm sure you know that though and it's probably your goal, so I guess pointing it out is pretty worthless. To Schnautza's point, no poll or statistical analytical model can account for all variables. Sure, someone may have been hurt for a game; sure, your best player's girlfriend may have dumped him last night. The model he uses is based solely on hard numbers, and is only reflective of past performance and does not guarantee future results. Use the info or don't use it, but don't bash someone for taking their time to put them up. As I understand it, the selection committee does use those very numbers, regardless of all of your hypothetical variables.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X