Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Originally posted by GMAC-Battler View Post
    According to the forum in the Reneesaler Republican the GLVC has spoken with Clermont College of Ohio as a possible GLVC addition if Clermont goes d-2. Where the heck is Clermont and what level they play!
    My guess is that if this path does play itself out (SJC having to close, which would be really tragic for the many students, faculty and staff who work there -- let alone the town), there would be a few already-established NCAA Div. II institutions ready to knock at the GLVC office doors asking for an invite. I doubt the GLVC would have to reach out to a USCAA program (not even NCAA Div. III or NAIA) to fill a 16th seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler Madsen View Post
      My guess is that if this path does play itself out (SJC having to close, which would be really tragic for the many students, faculty and staff who work there -- let alone the town), there would be a few already-established NCAA Div. II institutions ready to knock at the GLVC office doors asking for an invite. I doubt the GLVC would have to reach out to a USCAA program (not even NCAA Div. III or NAIA) to fill a 16th seat.
      Schools currently in the GLVC footprint would include Lindenwood, Lincoln (MO), and Central Missouri. Maybe also Southwest Baptist. Kentucky State would be a possibility in the East. That's ignoring the most obvious school, KWC, as I doubt they'd want to just jump right back in. The GLIAC schools seem a little far, as GVSU is about as close as we'd get.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
        Schools currently in the GLVC footprint would include Lindenwood, Lincoln (MO), and Central Missouri. Maybe also Southwest Baptist. Kentucky State would be a possibility in the East. That's ignoring the most obvious school, KWC, as I doubt they'd want to just jump right back in. The GLIAC schools seem a little far, as GVSU is about as close as we'd get.
        KWC would laugh if the GLVC came begging us to come back. Central Missouri would laugh at the GLVC. K-State was in the GLVC a long time ago and got out because they were unfairly treated by some of the schools. I looked up Clermont College and it's in Cincinnati and is in the USCAA but looking at D-2. Guess the GLVC commissioner wants a travel partner with Bellarmine. Clermont would fit the profile with Maryville, Jewell, McKendree, Rockhurst, Springfield.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
          Lindenwood isnt leaving the better geographic and football conference MIAA nor C MO that would be a downgrade. Lincoln is a low budget HBC. Ky St left the GLVC years ago because they play in the SIAC ehich is comprised of like budgeted HBCs. Southwest baptist- Have you ever been to Bolivar Mo?

Jim Naum is a moron. Instead of courting well established D2 Lincoln memorial and tusculem he chased down garbage programs still on training wheels (Maryville and McKendree High) travecca would have been better target and get into Nashville which is less travel than st louis and for sure KC, especially to play Billy.

My guess for jim naum targets:

Lindenwood- Belleville current USCAA member operating out of old belleville HS. branch campus of Lindenwood in st charles
          Any Indiana U NAIA branch campus
          Greenville College
          Park
          Hannibal Lagrange
          Indiana wesleyan
          Last edited by DJ Silky Panties; 01-30-2017, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Morthland

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
            Lindenwood isnt leaving the better geographic and football conference MIAA nor C MO that would be a downgrade. Lincoln is a low budget HBC. Ky St left the GLVC years ago because they play in the SIAC ehich is comprised of like budgeted HBCs. Southwest baptist- Have you ever been to Bolivar Mo?

Jim Naum is a moron. Instead of courting well established D2 Lincoln memorial and tusculem he chased down garbage programs still on training wheels (Maryville and McKendree High) travecca would have been better target and get into Nashville which is less travel than st louis and for sure KC, especially to play Billy.

My guess for jim naum targets:

Lindenwood- Belleville current USCAA member operating out of old belleville HS. branch campus of Lindenwood in st charles
            Any Indiana U NAIA branch campus
            Greenville College
            Park
            Hannibal Lagrange
            Indiana wesleyan

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
              Morthland
              Morthland building new arena. Got corporate sponsor.
              DaVinci Arena

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                Morthland building new arena. Got corporate sponsor.
                DaVinci Arena
                Jim naum better hurry. They probably going miaa or gliac. Probably replace UE in MVC when they go D3 in a few yrs.

Comment

The first time we lost our fan base was due to schedule. We lost Evansville, Southern Illinois, Indiana State, Alcorn State, Southwest Missouri and Tennessee State home and away. They went D 1 and dropped us. We picked up Pikeville, Oakland City,Transy, Union Etc. They dropped us also after several years of consecutive defeats. Then the GLVC formed and our schedule stabilized and our fan base returned. Today we are again beating teams our fan base doesn't want to watch and the GMAC schools will get tired of the losses. Returning to the GLVC is the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesleyan62 View Post
                    The first time we lost our fan base was due to schedule. We lost Evansville, Southern Illinois, Indiana State, Alcorn State, Southwest Missouri and Tennessee State home and away. They went D 1 and dropped us. We picked up Pikeville, Oakland City,Transy, Union Etc. They dropped us also after several years of consecutive defeats. Then the GLVC formed and our schedule stabilized and our fan base returned. Today we are again beating teams our fan base doesn't want to watch and the GMAC schools will get tired of the losses. Returning to the GLVC is the ticket.
                    I don't mean to be disrespectful to a fellow KWC fan, but you have your facts all wrong. KWC drew very well after UE went D-1, was not a factor at all, nor Tennessee State for that matter. We did enjoy a great run of crowds in the GLVC years of the 1980s through the early 2000s until the GLVC commissioner and a couple of schools went after us with a witch hunt that resulted in Ray Harper leaving. That is when the crowds went away, after the way we were treated by the GLVC and the way the KWC administration accepted the penalties without fighting it like I thought they should. Not one thing was EVER proven that KWC did overly wrong to be penalized like the GLVC wanted, just a school or two and we all know who they both are, was jealous of the KWC success. The crowds did get smaller after that, but that is also when TV games began showing every night of the week and even on computers you could watch. Had nothing to do with UE or those others. And the crowds are returning for the GMAC opponents, have you seen our attendance lately? It's getting strong again.

Comment

For a KWC fan to say we should return to the GLVC shows me you are not really a fan of our program. We left because of the dumb expansion the GLVC commissioner allowed among other things, and to be with schools with similar values as KWC. Dave Williams did a great job of getting the GMAC started, Tom Dayger is a fine commissioner and has led the league to more expansion. I never would want to be associated with the GLVC again and it sounds like there are several schools by the posters on this forum who aren't crazy about the GLVC either. And now St. Joe's is probably shutting down, a charter member of the GLVC. Give the GMAC a chance to grow.

Comment

Well I have seen the entire show. You are mistaken about how Jones was treated aftered our schedule regressed. My Dad was a founding member of the GLVC and he and Jones saved our program by fixing the schedule. What we have now will not last. These teams cannot compet and will abbond the confrence. What then?

Comment

I don't mean to be disrespectful to a fellow KWC fan, but you have your facts all wrong. KWC drew very well after UE went D-1, was not a factor at all, nor Tennessee State for that matter. We did enjoy a great run of crowds in the GLVC years of the 1980s through the early 2000s until the GLVC commissioner and a couple of schools went after us with a witch hunt that resulted in Ray Harper leaving. That is when the crowds went away, after the way we were treated by the GLVC and the way the KWC administration accepted the penalties without fighting it like I thought they should. Not one thing was EVER proven that KWC did overly wrong to be penalized like the GLVC wanted, just a school or two and we all know who they both are, was jealous of the KWC success. The crowds did get smaller after that, but that is also when TV games began showing every night of the week and even on computers you could watch. Had nothing to do with UE or those others. And the crowds are returning for the GMAC opponents, have you seen our attendance lately? It's getting strong again.
                          We drew well in the 70's, really. If you consider 5000 to 1000 drawing well you must de delusional. Today 1000 is great.

Comment

For a KWC fan to say we should return to the GLVC shows me you are not really a fan of our program. We left because of the dumb expansion the GLVC commissioner allowed among other things, and to be with schools with similar values as KWC. Dave Williams did a great job of getting the GMAC started, Tom Dayger is a fine commissioner and has led the league to more expansion. I never would want to be associated with the GLVC again and it sounds like there are several schools by the posters on this forum who aren't crazy about the GLVC either. And now St. Joe's is probably shutting down, a charter member of the GLVC. Give the GMAC a chance to grow.
                            Not a fan of the program! How dare you sir. I have seen every Championship team play.

Comment

He does know the program. He is a long time fan. He's probably more fun to hang out with than the guy in the plaid jacket. Still, I'm not sure Wesleyan will leave the G-MAC to go back to the GLVC.
                              Last edited by alumnifan; 01-30-2017, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesleyan62 View Post
                                Well I have seen the entire show. You are mistaken about how Jones was treated aftered our schedule regressed. My Dad was a founding member of the GLVC and he and Jones saved our program by fixing the schedule. What we have now will not last. These teams cannot compet and will abbond the confrence. What then?
                                If you have not noticed, the GMAC is adding several very fine programs next season. It will last a long time, maybe longer than the GLVC. St. Joe's is about to close its doors. Bellarmine has talked about D-1 sports recently. Rockhurst TRIED to get in the MIAA and was denied. Maryville is looking at D-3 because of money. Thats 4 schools in the GLVC that are unstable members. The GMAC is getting stronger next year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X