Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

I heard about the concussion but I think redshirt is due to strong 4s and 5s. He is a redshirt that will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
      I heard about the concussion but I think redshirt is due to strong 4s and 5s. He is a redshirt that will get better.
      Yeah, concussion or no, RSing Elkins just makes sense. I'm sure he could have come in and contributed immediately, but looking up and down that roster you can only dress so many guys and the fact is most of them already have had redshirt years.

Comment

I guess, but if he has a legitimate injury down the road, he will have already used it up

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
          I guess, but if he has a legitimate injury down the road, he will have already used it up
          Not necessarily. Typically the NCAA will grant a medical redshirt for serious injury even if a player has already used their "normal" redshirt year. Granted they don't HAVE to do so, but if it's a legit injury and serious enough to cost him a season they usually will sign off on the waiver. Of course, if they're saying this is due to concussion then he might be able to use it as a medical redshirt anyway, and save his regular redshirt year...though I don't see what difference it would make because it's not like they'll sit him out this year and then want to sit him another year on top of it (at least I wouldn't think they'd want to)

Comment

I know they have just so many spots , but I feel kwc needs to develope more more 4 year players, and by redshirting him it may send a message to a high school player that I may have to sit a year at kwc, just a thought. This year feels different than other years

Comment

All good points. So much depends what is in his head (after he stops seeing stars) five years in college playing on a really good team is not so bad.

We have several guys that have fought and fought to play on a college team. We have two club players six redshirt ,sit out, players. Several that did not play last year. It will be very interesting to see if they can become a team.

Comment

Is there a purple white scrimmage?

Comment

nope

Comment

The Cleveland celebration has really make me hungry for 9. I know it takes a lot of luck, good health and all things falling into place but I know it has happened 8 times before. Nothing better than being at the very top.

Comment

Pretty excited about this week! Season tix tomorrow, UL and WKU later in the week...the season is finally here!

I'm not expecting a close game against Louisville. We have far too many new parts that need to come together, and Pitino needs big wins in order to swing attention away from the off-court stuff. WKU could be another story. You never know what kind of state a team will be in after a rather abrupt coaching change, and I know they have a lot of new pieces, too. So I don't expect to win that one, but I think we have a shot to at least give them a game. On the other hand, they did make a pretty good hire, and he's brought in some players that look to be very talented, so they could blow us out, too.

Realistically, the scores for this week's exhibition games are quite meaningless. We just need the time on the court as a team to get to know each other and start coming together. Whatever happens, as long as we come out injury free we're going to benefit from it, even if we do get beat by 50 points in both games.

Also, I'm hearing good things about the new management of the Sportscenter. I know they are doing upgrades to the hospitality room. There was talk last year about new scoreboards and video boards, so hopefully that will come to fruition as well. And if they could do the sound system then we should be in business.

Also, with the new management will come improved ticket tracking. Everyone, even the kids that get in free, will have a ticket and my understanding is that the ticket will be scanned ... so we should have accurate attendance numbers for the first time in years (probably forever).

As for the season tickets, I'm on the fence about the new format they are doing, where the bench seats are now all general admission and only the upper and floor level chairbacks can be purchased as reserved season tickets. I'm fine with it for me, because we were planning on getting floor level seats this year anyway, but I just hope that not selling bench seat season tickets doesn't drive people away. I do like making those seats general admission, because it just makes more sense to be able to sit where you want up there anyway, but I'm not sure they wouldn't have been better served to sell GA season tickets along with the others.

Comment

I am interested in how we do compared with the other out of conference U of L and WKU games. WKU will try to embarrass other teams and they have the players that will do well with small front courts. Lots of dunks and run outs.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how Derksen does against UofL. He had 20 against them last year. Made all of us think he was going to have a huge season.

Comment

Word I have is he looks good and will start. Shot selection will determine how much he plays. Like Bell we have a strong bench and he must be playing well to get minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                              Word I have is he looks good and will start. Shot selection will determine how much he plays. Like Bell we have a strong bench and he must be playing well to get minutes.
                              He is so talented. Still think he had the potential to be the best D2 player in the country. I hope Happy turns him around (except if they play BU in regional, of course.)

Comment

Happy has solid coaches helping him. I have seen him and his staff help players improve but it takes time. I do think he will find the Wesleyan Way different but who knows how he will react.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X