Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

I was impressed with the KWC team, especially their speed. I agree with another poster that Dierksen may not be worth the effort involved to coach him. A terrific athlete for his size , but just doesn't cut it. The other KWC big had a wonderful game and, in my opinion, played better than your bigs from last year. The key to the game tonight was LMU being able to keep #33 on the floor. He was in foul trouble early in the first half and not having him on the floor enabled KWC to get underneath and score.

As a USI fan I am uncomfortable playing KWC tomorrow as their athleticism may be too much for my Eagles.

Comment

You better win KWC, or I'll never root for you again. USI fans are the worst bunch of idiots I've ever seen. Beat them, PLEASE!

Comment

I thought Lincoln was very athletic and talented. They are a well rounded team and would give USI trouble. I thought kwc offense flow was terrible and I'm not a big fan of happy. I don't think the players respect him and that's why he has to repeat himself so often...they don't care to listen. But yet they hung in there. They've gotta find a way to get dirkson involved. He plays better has a forward yet happy try's to make him play in the post where he's not comfortable. At least this was my observation when he was at BU playing against USI he hurt us when he was able to penetrate on the dribble or come off a screen at the elbow. He also was able to shoot the three. It's obvious happy doesn't know how to get the best potential out of him.

Comment

Interesting take on Derksen, maybe not utilized correctly

Comment

Two things I hate... the way traveling and fouls are being called in college ball. (the game is less fun to watch)
            People on this site that know nothing about basketball. Comments that have nothing to do with reality. I get on here hoping to receive some good information that would add to my understanding about games and teams. Instead I get mostly crap that is so untrue and one sided that it a total waste of my time. I am not talking about everyone on here but most.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
              Two things I hate... the way traveling and fouls are being called in college ball. (the game is less fun to watch)
              People on this site that know nothing about basketball. Comments that have nothing to do with reality. I get on here hoping to receive some good information that would add to my understanding about games and teams. Instead I get mostly crap that is so untrue and one sided that it a total waste of my time. I am not talking about everyone on here but most.
              Happy plays zone, he wins.

Comment

Yep, a zone defense would lead to a victory for KWC. Can't fathom how a coach can't teach a team how to compete against a zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                  That's exactly why I have only bothered posting on here about 3 times in the last 2-3 weeks. Complete waste of time due to the trolls that have taken over the board. I used to be very active on here but when you can't even have a discussion about your team without all the ridiculous crap it's not worth the effort.

Comment

Ditto I understand supporting your team but classless plus no real basketball knowledge makes this site almost useless.

Comment

K-DUB no backsies you got Derksen you have to keep him. see what we were talking about. it's not the coach but the player

Comment

Originally posted by BUFAN View Post
                        K-DUB no backsies you got Derksen you have to keep him. see what we were talking about. it's not the coach but the player
                        KWC misjudge a players attitude? No way! I thought the KWC coach is a genius, according to the KWC fans.

Comment

after losing this game if happy make no tourney or another rd1 floppy does he get the ax?

Comment

So you've been begging for USI and you got it. Got them without their starting all conference point guard and happy still couldn't win. He's awful. For all the chatter for Jacks, and Derkson I sure wasn't inpressed with either of them this weekend. Sam Williams is a beast. Really enjoyed watching him play.

Comment

Missed opportunities for KWC, no excuses, poor poor defensive execution. Derksen needs to sit the bench, no question about that. What is really concerning is the lack of fan support for KWC so far this year. I don't want to hear any complaints when we are 9th in regional rankings again. Cannot ***** about it for sure.

Comment

Bottom line is we have a lot of extremely talented players that haven't figured out how to play as a team yet. When (if) they do, we will be hard to beat for anyone. There were some bright spots in these games, though not as many as you'd hope to see...but I think the beginning of the LMU game, and the end of the USI game shows how good we can be. We just have to put together a full 40 minutes of that kind of effort. Sam Williams showed he can completely take over a game offensively in that second half yesterday. I hope he stays in that mode for the rest of the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X