Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Jacks did not play in the double ot loss to wku.

Comment

I agree, better players, conference, but when was the last time you guys won the regular season championship ?? Listen dude, with the size school you are, u should have moved up to D 1 by now, don't u think?? I am surprised the powers to be is content with the Watson regime?? Are you??

Comment

KWC had better not be preoccupied about playing USI. Lincoln Memorial is probably the best team KWC will play this year. I would have ranked Lincoln #1 in D2, but I didn't get a vote. There are going to be some good teams that lose two games in this HOF showcase and I am not inferring that it will be KWC. It could be, it could also be BU, USI, or somebody else.

Comment

Lincoln Memorial has it all big strong fast players that have meshed together very quickly. I think they are better than WKU.

Do not down play the Wesleyan wins. Both teams played very hard and gave it their all. Our size and having two of the best players in D2 made the difference.

Several of our players have to get better. Not playing for a year is showing. I expect them to play/shoot better as the season goes along.

Friday and Saturday will be interesting.

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan's only ranking you can go by are the current PI that schnautza puts out and what you see on Massey. Massey has the most accurate and up to date Ratings in pretty much every sport.

WKU is ranked 151 in Massey. That is out of all college basketball teams in the country, D1, D2, D3, NAIA, USCA, NCCAA, all of them. Louisville is ranked 6 in all of college basketball. Lincoln Memorial is ranked 179. USI is ranked 313, and KWC is ranked 368.

USI has a slight edge percentage wise according to Massey. KWC has virtually no chance against LMU. Massey gives KWC a 22 percent chance of beating LMU. KWC has a 47 percent chance of beating USI. So, we don't really know for sure which team is going to show up when USI plays KWC. The team that wants it the most will win it. The team that has worked the hardest and prepared the most will win it.

What I do know is that KWC is very much an NCAA quality team in D2. The rankings show them being well in the top 50. If things go well for the Panthers this weekend, they will garner a much higher ranking. I will not predict who will win any of the games. I know if Michael Vigilance can stay out of foul trouble, and throw down a double/double, that will help a lot. If KenJah Bosley can score over 24 points and if Foster along with the rest of the team can have a positive assist to turnover ratio, and if Jordan Jacks can get a double/double, KWC has a chance to win both games.

LMU is good, but they are not as good as WKU, who KWC played without the services of Jordan Jacks, our preseason All-American and he is getting some time to shake that fog out of his head this week. Jordan Jacks should be a player against LMU. My only concern is that he stays healthy for the USI game, because that is the one I really want him to win. Happy wants to knock it out of the ball park and win both games.

Any news on ticket sales, attendance predictions?

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
              Not that you would be intelligent enough to figure to out, but it's called a spin. Jacks was fine and playing the next game. Don't believe everything you hear and read in the press. Same with the freshman who all of a sudden went home because he had a concussion. Sure he did. lol!
              Really, Rick Pitino is providing spin for KWC!!! LOL please keep posting this stupid stuff it makes you more irrelevant! I know a troll like you would fall for the trap to make you look foolish!!!

Rick Pitino spinning KWC in his post-game news conference....ha ha ha ha!!! Thank you for discrediting yourself!!!

Comment

Malek Harris has yet to play a game. I don't know how well he will play next semester when he is eligible, but his talent is among the best in d2 if he wants it to be. Good article today about the team. http://www.kwcpanthers.com

Comment

The usi - kwc game will be streamed live on watch ESPN.

Comment

I am not sure who is taking the sideline pictures but I really like them. Shows a lot about our team.

Happy found a pretty good replacement for Elkins. Quinn can do most everything as well as Elkins.

Comment

All three games on Saturday at the Ford center will be streamed live on ESPN 3.

Comment

Who is quin?

Comment

He's a 6'9" forward/center that is transferring in from Samford next semester. He will be eligible next year. Happy also wants to bring a guard in next semester.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                            Kentucky Wesleyan's only ranking you can go by are the current PI that schnautza puts out and what you see on Massey. Massey has the most accurate and up to date Ratings in pretty much every sport.

WKU is ranked 151 in Massey. That is out of all college basketball teams in the country, D1, D2, D3, NAIA, USCA, NCCAA, all of them. Louisville is ranked 6 in all of college basketball. Lincoln Memorial is ranked 179. USI is ranked 313, and KWC is ranked 368.

USI has a slight edge percentage wise according to Massey. KWC has virtually no chance against LMU. Massey gives KWC a 22 percent chance of beating LMU. KWC has a 47 percent chance of beating USI. So, we don't really know for sure which team is going to show up when USI plays KWC. The team that wants it the most will win it. The team that has worked the hardest and prepared the most will win it.

What I do know is that KWC is very much an NCAA quality team in D2. The rankings show them being well in the top 50. If things go well for the Panthers this weekend, they will garner a much higher ranking. I will not predict who will win any of the games. I know if Michael Vigilance can stay out of foul trouble, and throw down a double/double, that will help a lot. If KenJah Bosley can score over 24 points and if Foster along with the rest of the team can have a positive assist to turnover ratio, and if Jordan Jacks can get a double/double, KWC has a chance to win both games.

LMU is good, but they are not as good as WKU, who KWC played without the services of Jordan Jacks, our preseason All-American and he is getting some time to shake that fog out of his head this week. Jordan Jacks should be a player against LMU. My only concern is that he stays healthy for the USI game, because that is the one I really want him to win. Happy wants to knock it out of the ball park and win both games.

Any news on ticket sales, attendance predictions?
                            I like the Massey ratings, but at this point in the season they are absolutely useless. There is simply not enough data for any useful analysis. This is especially true for D2 where there is large turnover in players from year to year. Come February those ratings will be much better and probably could be used to fairly pick the tournament teams.

I disagree with you and Massey that KWC has no shot at beating LMU. I think LMU will win, but it would not be shocking for KWC to win. LMU is probably the best team in D2, but I see no reason that KWC can't compete with anybody in D2.

Comment

Williams hurt in practice yesterday. A chance for Josh to really step up. Stanford will surprise also. Still a blow a missing big piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                                Williams hurt in practice yesterday. A chance for Josh to really step up. Stanford will surprise also. Still a blow a missing big piece.
                                Having Derksen on the team makes KWC capable of beating anyone in a given night. He can be the best player out on the floor every night if he has his head in the game. Throw in a very good senior guard in Bosley, I don't see why KWC can't beat LMU. It's very possible especially if Derk is on.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X