Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2016-2017 Kentucky Wesleyan basketball thread.

The football team lost at UNC Pembroke in a fairly close game. KWC had the lead in the middle of the third quarter. Pembroke's defense put a hit on Smith and caused an interception that led to a TD. Then, KWC was backed up and Westmoreland had a punt blocked and the ball was run in by Pembroke for another TD. I don't think they can beat Ashland, but crazier things have happened. If Wesleyan can tighten up the offensive line and give Smith more time to move, this could be a very interesting game at Steele Stadium.

Despite their 1-6 record, this could be a dangerous game for Ashland and a chance for the KWC football team to make a splash in D2 football. We'll see how things go. I would like to see the game. May drive up there and watch it.

Turning to basketball: I could go down the roster, but I think Brandon Hatton is going to wreak havoc on some teams. He's going to replace C.J. Blackwell in a way. He's been a gym rat for a long time. He holds every scoring record in the 9th region. He started on his HS varsity team as an 8th grader and wound up with over 3,000 points. The coach at Vermont should have played him. He practiced his shot in a church gym when he was a kid. He played in a small gym all the time. It's sort of Zen to go into a small empty gym and just shoot and dribble for hours day after day. People don't really know much about Hatton. They will.

Comment

Agree and there are several that will surprise and the fans will love their game. I hope Happy figures out how to use their special skills when need to get a win.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
        The football team lost at UNC Pembroke in a fairly close game. KWC had the lead in the middle of the third quarter. Pembroke's defense put a hit on Smith and caused an interception that led to a TD. Then, KWC was backed up and Westmoreland had a punt blocked and the ball was run in by Pembroke for another TD. I don't think they can beat Ashland, but crazier things have happened. If Wesleyan can tighten up the offensive line and give Smith more time to move, this could be a very interesting game at Steele Stadium.

Despite their 1-6 record, this could be a dangerous game for Ashland and a chance for t
        he KWC football team to make a splash in D2 football. We'll see how things go. I would like to see the game. May drive up there and watch it.

Turning to basketball: I could go down the roster, but I think Brandon Hatton is going to wreak havoc on some teams. He's going to replace C.J. Blackwell in a way. He's been a gym rat for a long time. He holds every scoring record in the 9th region. He started on his HS varsity team as an 8th grader and wound up with over 3,000 points. The coach at Vermont should have played him. He practiced his shot in a church gym when he was a kid. He played in a small gym all the time. It's sort of Zen to go into a small empty gym and just shoot and dribble for hours day after day. People don't really know much about Hatton. They will.
        You better put down the whiskey, grandpa. Ashland will beat KWC easily. You do understand this is football, correct? I'll say Ashland 59, KWC 0. That's being conservative. Ashland beat Lake Erie 63-6, and Lake Erie is much better than KWC.

Comment

I often get Ashland on local TV. Wesleyan is not in the same league as Ashland. Their QB and TE will kill us. No 4 Wesleyan will still be the best player on the field and if we had an O line we could compete but Smith is never have time to throw.

Comment

Wesleyan losing does not make you any less obnoxious.

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
              You better put down the whiskey, grandpa. Ashland will beat KWC easily. You do understand this is football, correct? I'll say Ashland 59, KWC 0. That's being conservative. Ashland beat Lake Erie 63-6, and Lake Erie is much better than KWC.
              You should start a UIndy thread so you can have conversations with yourself. That's pretty much the only way you're going to be able to interact with someone that actually cares what you're saying on here.

Comment

You are correct. I have made the mistake of answering his stupid remarks..I have learned my lesson.
                I hear Colton may redshirt. I also hear the weakest area is point guard. I think the little guy may wind up being a big surprise. He is the only "real" point we have.
                He just can not guard some guards. Going to be interesting.

Comment

I have to correct myself. Lukens is a true PG. He runs a team very well but seems to never try to score. His way to get minutes in juco was to NOT make mistakes.

Comment

In case anyone else was wondering, I'm told season tix should go on sale Nov 1. Delayed by the change of management company for the Sportscenter. I'm so ready for the season to start I'm almost giddy!

Comment

I wish they had midnight or whatever madness. This team should be shown off.

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
                        Are you playing Rugby, Aussie?

Comment

What time is kwc practice and are they open to public

Comment

Call Jenifer at 812 660 0654

Comment

Read that Colton Elkins was going to miss entire year due to concussion ? Must have been a severe hit

Comment

Originally posted by Purplebuckeye View Post
                                Read that Colton Elkins was going to miss entire year due to concussion ? Must have been a severe hit
                                Where did you read that?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X