Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drury Panthers

The Panthers have a lot of talented athletes. However, It seems like it takes players a year to learn Hesser's system. With Bundy playing overseas, the door is opened for Tevin Foster to showcase his talent. Even though he made the all GLVC team as a sophomore, it appears to me he did not get the credit he deserves for the decent season the Panthers had last year.
    Last edited by crazznewt; 09-29-2016, 08:24 AM.

Re: Drury Panthers

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
    The Panthers have a lot of talented athletes. However, It seems like it takes players a year to learn Hesser's system. With Bundy playing overseas, the door is opened for Tevin Foster to showcase his talent. Even though he made the all GLVC team as a sophomore, it appears to me he did not get the credit he deserves for the decent season the Panthers had last year.
    We'll see. He also had the luxury of the best defensive guard on the other team always being on Bundy. He can do it if his mindset is right.

Comment

Tevin Foster did get some recognition. He is on D2 Bulletin's Honorable Mention All American list.

Comment

I guess it's up to me to create chatter on the Drury thread. Another player to watch for the Panthers based on what I saw last year, is sophomore Doug Moore. The kid is long, athletic, a top notch defender, and a good player in "Winning Time" at the end of games. And from what I have heard, the Panthers won't take a back seat to any in athleticism this coming season.
        Last edited by crazznewt; 10-20-2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I guess it's up to me to create chatter on the Drury thread. Another player to watch for the Panthers based on what I saw last year, is freshman Doug Moore. The kid is long, athletic, a top notch defender, and a good player in "Winning Time" at the end of games. And from what I have heard, the Panthers won't take a back seat to any in athleticism this coming season.
          I'll help you out, but I don't think there is a lot of interest in Drury since they don't have football. I'm a UIndy fan, Drury wasn't in the GLVC when I was in school. I'd never even heard of Drury until they joined GLVC. I know they have a good basketball program, just doesn't seem to be a lot of interest except in your city. I can't say a whole lot, the city of Indianapolis doesn't support UIndy sports. I feel your pain.

Comment

Start a UIndy thread and you'll get chatter. If more people knew of this site, there would be more posters obviously.
            Someone told me the Panthers are among the league leaders in attendance at home and in away games. I also heard the Drury Women have a higher attendance rate per game than most GLVC mens teams. 🏀
            Last edited by crazznewt; 10-19-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Start a UIndy thread and you'll get chatter. If more people knew of this site, there would be more posters obviously.
              Someone told me the Panthers are among the league leaders in attendance at home and in away games. I also heard the Drury Women have a higher attendance rate per game than most GLVC mens teams. 
              We have a UIndy thread in the football forum, very few respond. Just not a lot of interest, and that's our No. 1 sport. As far as attendance, I've only been to a couple of UIndy home games the last few years, I now live in Detroit. Drury wasn't in the GLVC when I was a student at UIndy, so never saw them at Nicoson Hall. I heard they draw well at home in Springfield.

Comment

Someone told me the Panthers are among the league leaders in attendance at home and in away games. I also heard the Drury Women have a higher attendance rate per game than most GLVC mens teams. 🏀
                Trying to get UIndy fans to support our basketball program is becoming more difficult because of all the games people can watch on TV is what I'm told by people I went to school with years ago. They can sit home and watch IU, Purdue, Butler, Pacers, so why care about UIndy is the attitude by many. It's very discouraging, but being D-2 in a big area like Indianapolis is a recipe to being ignored. That's why schools like St. Joe's, Drury, USI are lucky in some ways, small towns with not much to offer but college basketball.

Comment

That is true. All we have is college and some very good high school sports. Nothing like what Indy has to go up against.

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
                    Trying to get UIndy fans to support our basketball program is becoming more difficult because of all the games people can watch on TV is what I'm told by people I went to school with years ago. They can sit home and watch IU, Purdue, Butler, Pacers, so why care about UIndy is the attitude by many. It's very discouraging, but being D-2 in a big area like Indianapolis is a recipe to being ignored. That's why schools like St. Joe's, Drury, USI are lucky in some ways, small towns with not much to offer but college basketball.
                    Small town? Springfield's MSA is over 360,000. That's a small town? Now Rensselaer or Rolla I get but Springfield?

Comment

they used to say the same thing about Bellarmine. has the same problem, to much on tv but once we hired Scotty and won big we have SRO crowds an sometime buying from scalpers out front is the only was non season tickets can get in
                      Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post

Comment

Originally posted by DUFan View Post
                        Small town? Springfield's MSA is over 360,000. That's a small town? Now Rensselaer or Rolla I get but Springfield?
                        Don't feel bad. He also calls Evansville a small town, with a metro population of 314k. Being the third largest city in the state, I'd say it at least qualifies for a MEDIUM size city.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                          Don't feel bad. He also calls Evansville a small town, with a metro population of 314k. Being the third largest city in the state, I'd say it at least qualifies for a MEDIUM size city.
                          OK, Compared to Indianapolis...Evansville and Springfield are small, tiny towns. That make you feel better?

Comment

Originally posted by DUFan View Post
                            Compared to Indianapolis, which is a very large city, 360,00 qualifies as a small town. You must have the Napoleon complex about being short compared to taller dudes. Same with Evansville, they are also a small town compared to an Indianapolis, or Detroit, or Chicago, or New York. Those are major league cities. Springfield and Evansville are much smaller and not major markets.

Comment

Originally posted by BUFAN View Post
                              they used to say the same thing about Bellarmine. has the same problem, to much on tv but once we hired Scotty and won big we have SRO crowds an sometime buying from scalpers out front is the only was non season tickets can get in
                              Winning big helps, no doubt. But when I was a student at UIndy back in the early 2000s, we went to a game at Bellarmine and there was about 200 people in the stands. And most of them left after the women's game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X