X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alumnifan
    replied
    Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

If I am correct the KWC Men's Baseball team are in the Semis. They eliminated Malone with fashion. They could win the G-MAC Championship with the way they are playing now. I hope they do. Todd Lillpop has the experience, staff and players to take this team to the next level. It would be fun to see them become Conference Champions and play in the NCAA D2 Tournament. The brackets are pretty complicated. I think they have a good chance of winning the G-MAC Baseball Championship

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Let me rephrase what I just said. First, Bart Darrell has done a lot of good for Kentucky Wesleyan College. It is not an easy job and there are folks with post doctoral work that would not want to be the president of a college. He has been a good man for as long as I have known of him. We ran in different circles in college. He was a great student and he was the R.A. with his wife for the women's dorm. His heart is full of the Wesleyan Spirit, more so than mine because he is a lot more intelligent and a lot more diplomatic than I ever could be. I am without cause or reason at times, and I know it. I hope he can enjoy some time to himself and family now, at least for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
    Calm down take your meds and enjoy the rebuilding of KWC MBB.

I keep seeing hundreds of kids that have made a mistake going D1. So many juco players get D1 offers and then sit on the bench and do not get better. They try to move on but not many want a one year player that averaged 1.8 points.

Cooper should be able to get what he needs to take the next step. it is nice to see MBB players get good grates. Like you they will be able to give $$$ down the road.
    You need to stop with certain slurs that are offensive and you think are cute. Nothing that is happening at KWC is surprising, concerning all the changes among the brass. So, take a clue and stop it.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Meredith Daunhauer is a SB All American.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Did anyone see Sisson in the Ky. east vs west all star game? He was guarded by and guarded a 7 footer that weighted about 175 lbs. He played very well. double digits points, a couple of threes, hand full of rebounds, several really nice asst. several blocks. Kind of a third level all star game but he was the second best player on the floor. With out football in the way he should get better and be a nice D2 player.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Calm down take your meds and enjoy the rebuilding of KWC MBB.

I keep seeing hundreds of kids that have made a mistake going D1. So many juco players get D1 offers and then sit on the bench and do not get better. They try to move on but not many want a one year player that averaged 1.8 points.

Cooper should be able to get what he needs to take the next step. it is nice to see MBB players get good grates. Like you they will be able to give $$$ down the road.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

What "garage" are they going to use? Is there a game jersey with the No. 11 on it? I got dibs on that one if there is. Oh, BTW, I am leaving my estate to the KWC Men's Basketball Team in order to endow a permanent scholarship. I doubt my siblings, or the ones still living, will be impressed with that. My little sister graduated from USI? I don't know how or why she did that, probably just to make me sick. Anyway, she's a teacher now and will have no need for any money when I die with all the dough she rakes in from the Hopkins County School system. I have never married, and have no reason to do so now. So, even when I am dead, I am going to be on the floor and my spirit will haunt the place where ever they are playing. WRITE IT DOWN! One day soon, I will have a lawyer to draw that WILL up. And, if you think I am kidding - you would be wrong. I have already told that to an old friend who sits on the BOT. And, yes, I know how much money it would take to endow a permanent scholarship. Right now Ernst and Young has that money. That is all. So, hate my guts now. No. 11 will be the Jersey Number, and each player wearing it will be one heavenly basketball member of the TEAM.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 04-19-2019, 10:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BellarmineGrad
    replied

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    Email went out to season ticket holders and other basketball supporters yesterday. Alumni weekend (7/26-27) will include a golf outing for basketball alumni, and an alumni pickup game open to the public. Also includes a KWC Basketball Garage Sale, where they will sell used game and practice apparel.

Saturday, July 27 (Alumni Pickup Game)
    10:00am Alumni Pickup Game and Locker Room Dedication @ Woodward Health & Recreation Center
    - Court opens @ 9am
    - At 10am, 75 minutes will be put on the clock - alumni pickup will begin
    - This will be pickup format w/no officials; calling own fouls.
    - Winning team stays on the floor.
    - You DO NOT need to participate in the golf outing to participate in pickup game
    - ALL FAMILY, SEASON TICKET HOLDERS, FANS, ETC. ARE INVITED. Free admission.
    - KWC Basketball Garage Sale will take place during game. Used practice and game apparel will be sold.
    - Updated locker room will be open to public for viewing.
    11:15am Coach Cooper to address audience
    and POTENTIALLY introduce Guest
    Speaker
    Hey, that's cool. Wish Bellarmine would do something like that alumni game and "garage sale."

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

Email went out to season ticket holders and other basketball supporters yesterday. Alumni weekend (7/26-27) will include a golf outing for basketball alumni, and an alumni pickup game open to the public. Also includes a KWC Basketball Garage Sale, where they will sell used game and practice apparel.

Saturday, July 27 (Alumni Pickup Game)
    10:00am Alumni Pickup Game and Locker Room Dedication @ Woodward Health & Recreation Center
    - Court opens @ 9am
    - At 10am, 75 minutes will be put on the clock - alumni pickup will begin
    - This will be pickup format w/no officials; calling own fouls.
    - Winning team stays on the floor.
    - You DO NOT need to participate in the golf outing to participate in pickup game
    - ALL FAMILY, SEASON TICKET HOLDERS, FANS, ETC. ARE INVITED. Free admission.
    - KWC Basketball Garage Sale will take place during game. Used practice and game apparel will be sold.
    - Updated locker room will be open to public for viewing.
    11:15am Coach Cooper to address audience
    and POTENTIALLY introduce Guest
    Speaker

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

According to the article in the MI the staff looks to sign 2-4 additional players for next season, including an impact post player. I'm guessing this means not everyone from last season will return, but I guess we'll see. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if some chose not to return, I mean that's not at all uncommon especially during the early days of a regime change.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Agree today the three is king and if passing, ball movement, is there you can not have too many three point shooters.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

You really can't have too many guards in D2. And we need a couple that can penetrate and create their own shot

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Seaton is more of a 3. Do not forget Smith, Godwin, Sisson. I think we still need a PG and yes a big

Leave a comment:

• WKYDave
    replied

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    KWC has signed 6'1" guard Jo Griffin, transfer from the University of Louisville (walk on) with 2 years eligibility remaining (I think). Had two uncles that played at KWC and the general consensus is he should be a big addition for us.
    I guess it's good, but how many guards do we need? We have Seniors Bell and Goetz, Juniors Hopewell and, now, Griffin and Sophs Seaton, Dixon and Cartwright.

Leave a comment:

• Looking For 9
    replied

Pretty good signing. I hope he has not lost confidence.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X