X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kdubnation
    replied
    Re: Kentucky Wesleyan Basketball

KWC has signed 6'1" guard Jo Griffin, transfer from the University of Louisville (walk on) with 2 years eligibility remaining (I think). Had two uncles that played at KWC and the general consensus is he should be a big addition for us.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

This also has to be stated. So, I am not quite done yet, but I am with the basketball team. Wesleyan's football program endured a severe setback under the last coach. He hated my guts. Everything about a small private school is pretty much private, unless you belong to the "Inner Circle." I was not the only one that felt the way I did. I also said that hiring Craig Yeast was the best coaching hire Kentucky Wesleyan could have made. I couldn't believe it and I really believe that you are going to see a very good product for D2 football in Kentucky @ Owensboro.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
    I know I've been given advice on here to not engage you and your back-and-forth hogwash, but quite frankly my KWC team doesn't start playing ball again for about 7 months so I've got some free time.
    How about this. How about we call it a truce. I will stop criticizing, and I will leave it at that. However, that will not stop me from questioning and I will not act like a "complete idiot." When I said "I don't think the Administration really cares about men's basketball," I said that to get a response. Instead, I get called a bad name and that is not the WESLEYAN WAY. I will apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings. And, it is not because I am afraid that somebody is going to beat me up. That would be illegal. The last time a KWC team only won 10 games in a season was during a very difficult time for the college. That is why I respect Todd Lee in a great way. He was a diplomat and very approachable. I really liked him and communicated with him.

I will also admit and apologize for being hard on Happy Osborne. I really thought his first three years was really exciting for me as a fan. There is a reason that we really didn't hit it off at first sight. Everyone was worried that the blog I started was going to be negative and critical. I would never publish something like that on a site I owned. I wanted to start a non profit website that promoted and covered Kentucky Wesleyan athletics, but everyone took it the wrong way. A Sea of Blue is not hated by UK. I knew one of the writers for that website when it was just getting off the ground. I have not checked it lately. When I saw what they were doing, I thought that would be nice to do on a smaller scale with authentic photography. I was not out to hurt anyone, nor make any money off of it. Yet, the college basically shut me down. I know Wesleyan has a great Sports Information team. My gosh, Roy is a legend and I stated that the KWC athletic website is among the best I have seen.

There were times when Happy's teams did great, especially those G-MAC conference tournament championships. And, I would like to apologize to Coach Happy Osborne if I said anything that hurt his feelings. However, he knows himself that he tried to physically intimidate me. There is freedom of speech in this country if you are only offering an opinion.

The point I want to get across is this: I only want the best for Kentucky Wesleyan College as a whole, and the athletic department is a great part of that. KWC has a long history. It's tradition and scholastic excellence is good for Kentucky, and I am thankful for the education I received there. Historical criticism was part of my educational process at Wesleyan. If one can not look at certain passages of scripture and realize that it feels out of place, it's because it is in some cases. I don't think we should rewrite the bible, but we have to include historical criticism in order for it to make sense, in realizing that the times have changed over the last 5,000 years or so. I am no expert on Kentucky Wesleyan's current accomplishments or set backs. I can only say that I have introduced my feelings to a member of the BOT concerning the basketball team, and it was not done in a bad way. He is the best man I have ever known. And, he is not going to jump on any band wagon either way, but he listened to what I said without making a judgement. My real criticism came with the philosophy of how he recruited this past season. It was detrimental to the program, and that is my opinion. So, it is over.... and that is a fact.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 04-01-2019, 11:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
    Were you at the USI game Thursday? I was in the same section as an older man wearing a KWC pullover...I saw the man with his food next to his chair and I thought it had to be you.
    No, I wasn't at the games. I watched them on the internet. The only NCAA DI Tournament game I have seen was Kentucky's loss.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

I drove Mayor Tom Watson through a factory on a golf cart once. As we were starting off I said "I promise not to drive too crazy." He replied "I don't give a **** as long as you don't make me fall out!"

Leave a comment:

• SonOfMafia
    replied

Were you at the USI game Thursday? I was in the same section as an older man wearing a KWC pullover...I saw the man with his food next to his chair and I thought it had to be you.

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    Well, since you missed the enrollment disparity by around 6,000 that was purely an error on your part. I would be careful in calling me a blooming idiot. My mind was focusing on basketball and not football. I think that hardly is grounds for calling me a blooming idiot. It is hard for me to believe that a Wesleyan supporter would call a graduate of the college a blooming idiot. I am 57 years old, and I am not as sharp as you obviously. You certainly have a sharp tongue. However, I assure you I am not a blooming idiot. You are the kind of person who picks on others and likes to humiliate people. Here is a lesson from an old man. People make mistakes, and you will make worse mistakes than myself in life than any mistake I made on a message board today. Your time will come with a personality that lacks any humility what so ever, but you really like to think that humiliating others is a virtue. You will reap what you sew, and you don't know how I spent my life in public service and the sacrifices I made in doing so.

Leave a comment:

• SonOfMafia
    replied

You're correct Pantherfan...football is a money pit for the vast majority of football programs in the country. I believe that is why USI is not even considering football at this time. Even though I believe the fan support would be there for football at USI it would take a lot of time for it to be profitable.

Football is great for the fans but hard on the university checkbook.

Originally posted by pantherfan View Post
    LOLOLOLOL you are literally impossible to discuss ANYTHING with! I was talking about the football program draining money because they aren't successful. I never once, not one time, not even kind of even MENTIONED the basketball program you blooming idiot. I think the football team has had 4 winning seasons in it's history? Correct me if I'm wrong. The money that it takes to run a football program that doesn't bring back any substantial money would equate to it being a pit. I'm glad they are finally moving in a direction they can be successful though. You and I do agree on that.

It truly is amazing to me that you managed to graduate from KWC because you either CANNOT read context, or you choose not to. Either way it's amazing you passed the difficult curriculum. As for the difference in enrollment, I don't know why I wrote 4000 obviously it is much higher. Purely an error on my part

Leave a comment:

• pantherfan
    replied

I can't tell if alumnifan is truly being serious, or if I'm being trolled at this point. I never attacked your war-decorated father. It's not his fault, or the rest of your family's fault, that you can't read from context. Also, that is odd given that you were such a "decorated" sports editor. I too know Bob Mantooth, even played a little ball for the guy. Great respect for him. Since we are name dropping, I don't want to brag, but one time I ate dinner next to MAYOR TOM WATSON and on my other side was one of the richest men in Owensboro....since we are talking about eating next to people that are irrelevant to the conversation. I hope you see that I'm kidding and your point about one time meeting Tommy Lasorda is meaningless. You also don't know about my mission trips to Nicaragua to work on orphanages. We could play a back and forth game of "pat ourselves on the back" all day, but that still won't change the fact that I think you are an idiot.

I assure you two things:

1.) I am not employed by KWC in any way. I am a supporter and, as previously mentioned, a former student-athlete.
    2.) You won't be getting an apology from me.

I know I've been given advice on here to not engage you and your back-and-forth hogwash, but quite frankly my KWC team doesn't start playing ball again for about 7 months so I've got some free time.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DJ Silky Panties
    replied

Ovc title had over 10k for title. Biggest ever ovc game attendance. Second biggest crowd at Ford. DJT had over 11,500 in September.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Here is something else you don't know. Bob Mantooth was a teacher of mine in high school. He later went on to Apollo, but I knew him well and I published a fishing article in the sports section of the newspaper I worked for about Ryne Mantooth, his son, recently hired as a baseball coach at KWC. He was a little boy then and it thrilled him according to his father and he sent me a letter of appreciation. I also met Tommy Lasorda and talked to him. Have you ever met Tommy Lasorda and talked to him or eat in the same press box dining area beside Jack Buck. You also don't know about two mission trips I made to West Africa that almost cost me my life. So, I AM NOT a blooming idiot!

The biggest mistake I made in my life was leaving that sports writing position. I was the Editor, but the Managing Editor edited my articles and photos and he is now one of the most respected NCAA Division I Women' Basketball officials in the country now. This is my last post for this season. See you next season if I am still alive.

EDIT IN CONCLUSION: You also don't know that I am thinking seriously about leaving my entire estate to the Kentucky Wesleyan Men's Basketball team that will perpetually fund scholarships. If I find out you work for Kentucky Wesleyan, you will owe me an apology. I am a descendant of John Bourland who was a Scots-Irishman that landed in Virginia in 1750. He was a protestant and many of my ancestors gave their life's in service to this country through the military, the ministry, and public service. One of my direct ancestors founded the first church in western Kentucky. What do you think about that. My father was a decorated Korean War Purple Heart Soldier, and his PTSD wreaked havoc on myself and my family. I am not a blooming idiot and that is an insult not only to me but to my entire family.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 03-28-2019, 10:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Here is something else that you don't now about me either. When I was in my late twenties I was promoting Kentucky Wesleyan in western Kentucky as a sports editor for a newspaper that was a member of the Associated Press in Kentucky while also working in a public service position. I was the first sports editor in western Kentucky to promote Kentucky Wesleyan basketball outside of the OMI when Corey Crowder was a player there. I also promoted Wayne Chapman and he appreciated that and sent me a hand written letter thanking me. My columns and stories were sent to every media outlet in the state of Kentucky.

Leave a comment:

• alumnifan
    replied

Well, since you missed the enrollment disparity by around 6,000 that was purely an error on your part. I would be careful in calling me a blooming idiot. My mind was focusing on basketball and not football. I think that hardly is grounds for calling me a blooming idiot. It is hard for me to believe that a Wesleyan supporter would call a graduate of the college a blooming idiot. I am 57 years old, and I am not as sharp as you obviously. You certainly have a sharp tongue. However, I assure you I am not a blooming idiot. You are the kind of person who picks on others and likes to humiliate people. Here is a lesson from an old man. People make mistakes, and you will make worse mistakes than myself in life than any mistake I made on a message board today. Your time will come with a personality that lacks any humility what so ever, but you really like to think that humiliating others is a virtue. You will reap what you sew, and you don't know how I spent my life in public service and the sacrifices I made in doing so.
    Last edited by alumnifan; 03-28-2019, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pantherfan
    replied

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    I don't now what you are talking about, and not to be rude, but YOU don't know what you are talking about either.

Elite 8 Appearances: 1982, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003

NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017

Conference Tournament Champions: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2016, 2017

Conference Regular Season Champions: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2016, 2017

NCAA Tournament Elite 8 Appearances: 1982, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1992, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003

NCAA Tournament Runner UP: 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003

NCAA Tournament Champions: 1987, 1990, 1999, 2001

And, USI has 11,021 students enrolled. Wesleyan's last enrollment in the Fall of 2016 was 785 students.

LOLOLOLOL you are literally impossible to discuss ANYTHING with! I was talking about the football program draining money because they aren't successful. I never once, not one time, not even kind of even MENTIONED the basketball program you blooming idiot. I think the football team has had 4 winning seasons in it's history? Correct me if I'm wrong. The money that it takes to run a football program that doesn't bring back any substantial money would equate to it being a pit. I'm glad they are finally moving in a direction they can be successful though. You and I do agree on that.

It truly is amazing to me that you managed to graduate from KWC because you either CANNOT read context, or you choose not to. Either way it's amazing you passed the difficult curriculum. As for the difference in enrollment, I don't know why I wrote 4000 obviously it is much higher. Purely an error on my part

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X