Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UW-Parkside banned from post-season 2017-18

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
    USI will never be a G-MAC member, even if they wanted to,.....
    So you believe KWC would not want USI in the GMAC?

Comment

That is true for most of the GLVC schools.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
        The G-MAC is composed of private like minded institutions. USI is a large state university. So, USI will NEVER be in the G-MAC.

Comment

I believe the G-MAC would not want USI in the G-MAC.

Private school? No.
          Small? No.
          Faith based (i.e. religious affiliation)? No.

They do not fit the profile of the conference.

USI joining the G-MAC would be like Michigan State joining the Ivy League.

Comment

I believe the G-MAC would not want USI in the G-MAC.

Private school? No.
            Small? No.
            Faith based (i.e. religious affiliation)? No.

They do not fit the profile of the conference.

Exactly. The G-MAC will be successful in many ways and all of the member institutions will benefit. This analogy and comparison between the Ivy League and the G-MAC is not far fetched. We are NOT the IVY league, but both conferences are singularly unique to their Divisions.

Comment

Ok, so let me get this straight then: KWC left USI's conference where they played USI twice a year in basketball, KWC doesn't want USI in the GMAC where they'd play twice a year in basketball....but it's USI's fault that USI and KWC don't play twice a year in basketball??

Comment

LOL....I get what you're saying, but you should've picked a different school. It's going to be about 10 minutes before the USI guys figure out that you just compared your school to Harvard and theirs to a school that would beat Harvard by 40 most years in men's basketball.

Comment

And that is why they left...lol...couldn't compete outside of maybe 2 sports. Yay...we are conference champs of non-competitive conference...raise the banner!

I'm glad the GMAC is improving, and if Indy jumps ship from the GLVC (which I've heard they want to) that'll more equitably spread the basketball competition out in the region. Wasn't KWC next to last in the GMAC president's cup last year, though?[/QUOTE]

Comment

LOL....I get what you're saying, but you should've picked a different school. It's going to be about 10 minutes before the USI guys figure out that you just compared your school to Harvard and theirs to a school that would beat Harvard by 40 most years in men's basketball.
                    Yes, well, like you said you get my point. Wasn't trying to make an apples to apples comparison, just a comparison between the types of schools involved.

Comment

I heard the UWP wrestler that violated NCAA rules will forgo a seventh college season in order to travel around the USA and fight in small MMA events at local VFW and American Legion posts.

Comment

When you're talking about an intraconference transfer, that's not true. I'd bet that all NCAA D2 conferences have a rule in place that stipulates an athlete has to sit if they transfer within the conference. I know the GMAC does. So, the rule is not out of the ordinary.

It's also standard practice for student-athletes to be waived the 1-year requirement when their school is put on probation, whether that be from the conference or the NCAA.
                        Oddly enough, it's not standard practice for intra-conference transfers to sit out a season at all D2 conferences. At least it's not the case in the PSAC, though it has been talked about in the past.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X