• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glvcpro
    replied
    Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
    Know you're talking about what he did DI, but Marty did go to an Elite 8 at SIUE. He was pretty good there. Just bring that up because you're comparing him to Watson.....USI should go hire Marty, it'd be a step up.

Leave a comment:

• Taco Tico
    replied
    Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Hollender will be UE coach, a given...why not just keep Marty....UE still lacks vision. Go ask Calbert Cheaney if he wants job. Get away from the Crews coaching tree

Leave a comment:

• DUPanther
    replied

Know you're talking about what he did DI, but Marty did go to an Elite 8 at SIUE. He was pretty good there. Just bring that up because you're comparing him to Watson.....USI should go hire Marty, it'd be a step up.

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    Marty was a pretty solid coach at SIU-E. I don't know how anyone could win big at Evansville in D1. I mean sure, they have had, and could have again, a good season here and there. But it's just not ever going to be a perennial power type of program like a Wichita State or Gonzaga or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• HoosierDaddy
    replied

Hollender will be UE coach, a given...why not just keep Marty....UE still lacks vision. Go ask Calbert Cheaney if he wants job. Get away from the Crews coaching tree
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 03-13-2018, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied

The MVC isn't the same conference. Loyola won the league so no reason the right coach can't win at UE.

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
    Marty was a pretty solid coach at SIU-E. I don't know how anyone could win big at Evansville in D1. I mean sure, they have had, and could have again, a good season here and there. But it's just not ever going to be a perennial power type of program like a Wichita State or Gonzaga or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• kdubnation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Marty out at UE...the program at USI has A TON to lose here if they do not act. Now USI will have even a tougher road if the decision is to keep Watson, as UE is trying to make a change and gain some momentum that both schools surrendered a long time ago with both Marty and Rodney being head coaches.
    UE ad = balls
    USI ad = vag

Leave a comment:

• HoosierDaddy
    replied

Marty out at UE...the program at USI has A TON to lose here if they do not act on Watson.

USI will have even a tougher road if the decision is to keep Watson, as UE is trying to make a change and gain some momentum that both schools surrendered a long time ago with both Marty and Rodney being head coaches.
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 03-13-2018, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideMafia
    replied

Thank you Alphabet Bennett and JMH...now it will be left to Rochon and he is too lazy and incompetent to do anything!

Leave a comment:

• Taco Tico
    replied
    Boring. Time for a change

Leave a comment:

• bkingbroker
    replied

Gotta give ole Wod credit. His ability to be a politician has kept him gainfully employed in a sport he obviously knows nothing about. That is the moral to the story. Attach yourself to the right people, be mediocre, and don't rock the boat.

Originally posted by Slayer View Post
    Exactly. This fan base is doomed. To all those in charge of making a change or lack there of. THANK YOU

Leave a comment:

• Slayer
    replied

Exactly. This fan base is doomed. To all those in charge of making a change or lack there of. THANK YOU

Leave a comment:

• Taco Tico
    replied
    Originally posted by EagleWhip View Post
    I don't know if the story is BS or not, but I do know that what we came to expect from Bruce & Rick as far as exciting basketball and community involvement has been relegated to the past. Our current coach lived away from Evansville for at least eight years and during that time our team has become a shadow of the Eagles of the past. Worst, the recognition of the team and school by the local community has been nearly destroyed. We no longer have businesses wanting to advertise and support the Eagles. Our games are not broadcast as widely as they were and forget about being on television. In spite of all of this, I would be shocked if we see any change in the management of the basketball program, the coaching staff or the athletic administration.

Leave a comment:

• Taco Tico
    replied
    Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
    BS

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X