• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazznewt
    replied
    Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
    I was told that our "Screaming Eagles" was named after the 101st Airborne Division in ft Campbell. I guess somebody had some connections down there when they were debating on a mascot. Anybody actually know the background story here?
    That is cool

Leave a comment:

• HoosierDaddy
    replied

During Pearl era, Screaming Eagles, during Watson era more like Screaming Beagles

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied

Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post
    Go with Screaming Eagles.
    I was told that our "Screaming Eagles" was named after the 101st Airborne Division in ft Campbell. I guess somebody had some connections down there when they were debating on a mascot. Anybody actually know the background story here?

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied

Come on Taco, give it a rest.

Leave a comment:

• Taco Tico
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WalkerEaglefan83
    replied

Go with Screaming Eagles.

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
    There is a difference between expressing frustration or criticism and unsubstantiated personal insults. There is also a difference between well articulated critical comments and endlessly repeated personal attacks.
    Also the namecalling. Even if you don't like a coach or president, there is no reason to make up a new stupid name for them to mock them year after year. They are still humans and deserve SOME respect.

Leave a comment:

• Knightmoves
    replied

There is a difference between expressing frustration or criticism and unsubstantiated personal insults. There is also a difference between well articulated critical comments and endlessly repeated personal attacks.

Leave a comment:

• glvcpro
    replied

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
    I'd say any of "Screaming Eagles" (official name), "Eagles" (casual name), USI (commonly abbreviated university name) are fine for a professional article. #screagles works well for social media where abbreviations are common for preserving character count. It's unique and was voted on by the students as an official hashtag. I just never say it out loud.
    Same^

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied

I'd say any of "Screaming Eagles" (official name), "Eagles" (casual name), USI (commonly abbreviated university name) are fine for a professional article. #screagles works well for social media where abbreviations are common for preserving character count. It's unique and was voted on by the students as an official hashtag. I just never say it out loud.

Leave a comment:

• schnautza
    replied

You can bet most of us will be expressing frustration. But please, be an adult, not an echo chamber.

Leave a comment:

• Taco Tico
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WestSideMafia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EagleWhip
    replied

Thank you for starting the new thread and, hopefully, we can discuss USI basketball and it's return to what Coach Pearl started in the mid-nineties. Whatever happens in leadership both with the athletic department (I expect no change) and the men's basketball team (I expect change) it will be refreshing to talk about the sport(s) and do away with the immature bickering. I personally want to wish both teams the best of luck and look forward to witnessing the resurgence of Screaming Eagle dominance!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X