Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Quotes

Sports writer "coach you were 4 and 18 last year but everyone is back" "what do you expect this year?" Coach "4 and 18"

Comment

"The only high school wrestling match my mother came to see me wrestle in was against a wrestler from Trigg County, and he dislocated my neck." - Grasshopper

Comment

Wrestling quotes from Ryan Kearns since KWC will have a wrestling team next year.

"You can't build a reputation on what you could have done..."

"It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

"He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else."

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Being mentally tough is doing EXACTLY what you don't want to do, EXACTLY when you don't want to do it."

"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration."

"Remember, when you are not training, someone somewhere is training; and when you meet him, he will win."

"Success is NOT a random event."

"Great accomplishments require great sacrifices."

"The harder you work, the luckier you get."

"Victory happens when ten thousand hours of training meets one moment of opportunity."

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

I stopped at the Fatigue quote because anyone who has ever wrestled seriously knows that fatigue in amateur wrestling is WORSE THAN IN ANY SPORT!
        Last edited by alumnifan; 04-20-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Just one more wrestling quote.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; Giving up is what makes it permanent."
          Last edited by alumnifan; 04-20-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            "When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are past, I want them bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my a$$" - Bob Knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS20_JesSq4 -
            Bobby Knight had a lot of good ones!

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
              Wrestling quotes from Ryan Kearns since KWC will have a wrestling team next year.

"You can't build a reputation on what you could have done..."

"It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

"He that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else."

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Being mentally tough is doing EXACTLY what you don't want to do, EXACTLY when you don't want to do it."

"Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration."

"Remember, when you are not training, someone somewhere is training; and when you meet him, he will win."

"Success is NOT a random event."

"Great accomplishments require great sacrifices."

"The harder you work, the luckier you get."

"Victory happens when ten thousand hours of training meets one moment of opportunity."

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

I stopped at the Fatigue quote because anyone who has ever wrestled seriously knows that fatigue in amateur wrestling is WORSE THAN IN ANY SPORT!
              Boy is that ever true! I think wrestling is similar to boxing in the area of patience.
              When you get your bell rung in boxing, you have to cover up or lean until you get your senses back. When you are fighting for your breath while wrestling a good opponent you have to hang on for dear life and hope you get your second wind quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                Boy is that ever true! I think wrestling is similar to boxing in the area of patience.
                When you get your bell rung in boxing, you have to cover up or lean until you get your senses back. When you are fighting for your breath while wrestling a good opponent you have to hang on for dear life and hope you get your second wind quickly.
                True. The training aspect of wrestling is grueling. You are constantly running, doing mat drills (grass drills), lifting weights, exercises with your team, going over moves and other techniques, and of course wrestling, and wrestle offs (especially in high school). Most people are not familiar with the rules of wrestling and how you score points in a match. There are just some matches in which a wrestler knows he has a slim chance of winning, and less points are given by way of decision than with a pin. A team match is won off points, and the entire match can come down to whether one wrestler loses by way of pin or a decision off points.

Comment

"Mental toughness is to physical as 4 is to 1."
                  Bobby knight

Comment

"THANK YOU JESUS!!!!"
                    Curt Warner after leading the Rams to victory in the Super Bowl.

Comment

"I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. On 26 occasions I have been entrusted to take the game winning shot, and missed. And I have failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
                      Michael Jordan

Comment

James Naismith:
                        The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play "Drop the Handkerchief."

Comment

Comment

"Protect your spirit by limiting your time around negative people"

Upper Rhodes Scholar Shirley U. Care

Comment

"Actually, the Kentucky moment was better than winning the two National Championships, because it was the epitome of what I try to get from a team in a crisis situation."
                              Coach K

The shot propelled Duke to the Final Four and back-to-back National Titles. It also taught every coach around the country to guard the man throwing the ball inbounds.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X