Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GLVC Preseason Basketball Poll

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    This "who voted for whom" stuff is brutal. Who cares? I'd rather read the USI guys rip Wod -- at least that can be entertaining.

Comment

That's the women's poll. Not THAT half brained.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
        I don't see it. Hesser is a no nonsense man who doesn't play games. Like trying to manipulate referees for 40 minutes a game for example.
        Actually, Hesser plays games for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
          Actually, Hesser plays games for a living.
          Touche

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
            That's the women's poll. Not THAT half brained.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
              Molly is 34-2 in the GLVC and has been a Regional Finalist the last 2 years.
              I think an argument could be made for either team to be listed atop the GLVC preseason poll, but Lewis does return Kelliher, Green, Lockett and Hinders, while Drury lost both Heinzler and Harman. I like Diestelkamp and Bernard a ton, and I think Miller is a fantastic coach, but these two being separated by one point and one first-place vote seems about right.

Comment

Also, I'd love to hear the legitimate case for Lewis winning the league. They finished 7th last year and lost the guy that was their best player (by a wide margin).
                I don't know if they are a favorite in my mind to win the league, but they will get the services of Kendale McCullum, who was fantastic at Parkside (1st-team all-GLVC, 1st-team all-defensive team), this year after he sat out a season for transferring.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                  I don't know if they are a favorite in my mind to win the league, but they will get the services of Kendale McCullum, who was fantastic at Parkside (1st-team all-GLVC, 1st-team all-defensive team), this year after he sat out a season for transferring.
                  And with Blaylock returning they may have the best guard tandem in the league.

Comment

Hey, Stein is the 2 time reigning GLVC COY, right??

Comment

Hey, Stein is the 2 time reigning GLVC COY, right??

Comment

McCullum is a good player, but he's not as good as the one they lost. Wilson was a stud - top 10 in the league in scoring, #3 in rebounding, and shot a ton of free throws.

Comment

I think an argument could be made for either team to be listed atop the GLVC preseason poll, but Lewis does return Kelliher, Green, Lockett and Hinders, while Drury lost both Heinzler and Harman. I like Diestelkamp and Bernard a ton, and I think Miller is a fantastic coach, but these two being separated by one point and one first-place vote seems about right.
                          The Lady Panthers easily won their exhibition game today. However, Molly was without her top 2 bigs and the team's youthfulness really showed. They need to get better fast or they may have a rough early season.

Comment

After getting a peek, either in exhibitions or preseason tournaments, at most of the GLVC, I reexamined the outlook for the season. The most underrated team in the GLVC may be Rockhurst. They brought back just about everybody from a ridiculously young team. They made a good showing against DePaul (not a great D1, I know). UIndy is going to be near the top of the conference. It looks like Drury may have been overrated. They had a tough task going out to California and playing some good competition, but seems like they had to win at least one of those games. I would not be surprised if they bounce back, however. USI made a decent showing in their exhibitions, despite their naysayers. They will benefit from subtraction as addition this season. William Jewell has played some tough competition, but they didn't have the travel that Drury had. They should have been able to win one as well. Seems to be a consensus that this is a down year for the GLVC in general.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X